Furture Heroes

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Furture Heroes

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

This thread obviously pertains to future versions more so than immediate ones, but eh.

Anyways, I think it best to get a universal consensus on what types of heroes people would like to see in future versions. This would be a good idea for a number of reasons. One: (Speaking for Yak here) is that it might take some weight of off our fearless and courageous EotA creator by injecting some different creative ideas, and since I've seen some darn good ones from the community, why not? Obviously Yak doesn't have to, at least, consider it, but still, it is the least we can do imo. It might even speed up next versions!! :P :D :wink: Also, with people putting forth different suggestions it would lessen the chance of redundancy and overall dislike of future heroes, should this arise.

First and foremost is the new added faction: The Fel Horde. Now some think that the UD were terribly imbalance and lacked good casters and had major OP and UP issues. To discourage this, I think it imperative to cover all the major areas of heroes’, that way a well-balanced, likable faction can be ensured. The Elves have always been considered to be the masters of heavy dmg dealing. While the Creeps utilized heavy support and hero-killers. The UD seems to dangle between the two, which seems good and bad, depending on the situation. With the Fel Horde, though, I think an overall well-roundedness would be best. But that’s just my 2 cents. And keep in mind Yak probably isn’t going to even use most of this stuff. But that’s ok.
Here we go.

1] First off, a new assassin-type hero would be kind of different. Now obviously we shouldn’t replace Serra, but who says we have to? Instead, I think something with a poison theme would be cool (I know, Bane). Also, instead of doing massive amounts of dmg, something along the lines of steady dmg would seem better, like Dots.

2] A flying hero, namely for the Elves.

3} A shape-changing hero. Druid?

4] Something with high magic immunity, and/or very resistant to dmg. Golem? This, I know, is riding on the fence of totally unfair. But I was thinking of giving the hero maybe partial immunity (50%?) and very low HP (7-10 starting stat). Int-based or Agi. Some type of Rock Golem or something. Just a thought.

5] A darkness/corruption themed-hero. The UD touched on this, I know. But something that ardently bears the standard.

6] A water themed-hero. Maybe a Murloc, Elemental, or Naga?

7] A spawn summoner. Like a badass version of BP and Shammy put together. Heavy unit summons.

8] An evil version of the Wizard. This could overlap the darkness-themed hero.
Last edited by DarkNemesis on March 10th, 2009, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Furture Heroes'

#2 Post by Dekar »

A phoenix themed hero.

I dont know if I still like this idea, I dont dare to take a closer look and think about it with increased experience in hero designing.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

I think something with a poison theme would be cool (I know, Bane).
Bane's acid, not poison.
7] A spawn summoner. Like a badass version of BP and Shammy put together. Heavy unit summons.
I have a pretty strong distaste of raw summons, so any form of summoner would have to have a damned interesting concept to go with it.
A phoenix themed hero.

I dont know if I still like this idea, I dont dare to take a closer look and think about it with increased experience in hero designing.
I didn't (and still don't) like this hero, partly because I'm not sure i'd want one with a pheonix theme (unless i change bp's summons, which i am tempted to do now and then), and because every skill seems to do aoe damage and help him survive in some way. That said, a hero designed more around reincarnation would be interesting (might be better to rework treant to match it, maybe)

I'm kinda suprised i don't recall anyone ever taking a shot at remaking an existing hero to have skills flow better.

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#4 Post by Dekar »

I have to use my good ideas for RoW anyway. :P

Or do I ...
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#5 Post by Reaper »

Furture Heroes'
might want to fix that I don't want to
[Reaper]

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by Perhaps »

Reaper wrote:might want to fix that I don't want to
Might want to fix that because I can't!

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

Re: Furture Heroes

#7 Post by DarkNemesis »

I didn't (and still don't) like this hero, partly because I'm not sure i'd want one with a pheonix theme (unless i change bp's summons, which i am tempted to do now and then), and because every skill seems to do aoe damage and help him survive in some way. That said, a hero designed more around reincarnation would be interesting (might be better to rework treant to match it, maybe)
Well, you could do a direct Phoenix hero, I.E. A Phoenix and add him/her to the creeps. Maybe a corrupted one so as to not...offend the Elves?
I'm kinda suprised i don't recall anyone ever taking a shot at remaking an existing hero to have skills flow better.
How about remaking Dryad? Shes kinda horrible, most of the time.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#8 Post by Tehw00tz »

5] A darkness/corruption themed-hero. The UD touched on this, I know. But something that ardently bears the standard.

6] A water themed-hero. Maybe a Murloc, Elemental, or Naga?
I kinda touched on both those themes with the hero I suggested, Yak said it had a good chance to be implemented but he really never said anything else after that.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by DarkNemesis »

I kinda touched on both those themes with the hero I suggested, Yak said it had a good chance to be implemented but he really never said anything else after that.
Oh. Well then which ones were those? Could you provide me with the URL to them please?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#10 Post by Tehw00tz »

ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP