[Fel Horde] Vhal'Naathris--Dread Knight

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

[Fel Horde] Vhal'Naathris--Dread Knight

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

Vhal’Naathris
Dread Knight

Faction: Fel Horde

Strength: 23 @ 2.40
Intelligence: 20 @ 1.55
Agility: 15 @ 1.3

Attack (150 range): 55-62
Armor: 14

Model: Reverent/Royal Guard

Overview:
The Dread Knight is a short-ranged, Strength hero that combines spell dmg with Tanking ability, as well as offering some added support for troops and allied heroes. In many cases, he resembles Rue and the Scarab combined. He is best played as a support dmg dealer/Tank.

Innate--Demonic Consume [Troop Buff/Heal]
Takes the corpse of a slain units and converts it into energy, giving X health and Y mana back to the Dread Knight for Z sec.

Cripple [Dot/Debuff]
Cripples a target, reducing Agility by x for y seconds. While incapacitated, takes x * Agi (Str) dmg and returns x% * enemy hero’s total health of the dmg dealt to the Dread Knight. Lasts 10-16 sec.

Soul Steal [Single target nuke/Heal]
Blasts a target for x (Int-based) dmg, or heals for x * total health. Amount healed cannot exceed 75% of the total dmg capability.

Unholy Presence [Shield/Buff]
Creates as shield that absorbs x * Str dmg. Up to a maximum of y dmg can be absorbed. Any further dmg will immediately be transferred into armor for the Dread Knight. For every 10 dmg absorbed afterwords, 1 armor is added to the Dread Knight. Lasts z sec.

Corrupted Weapon [Buff/AoE passive Buff]
Adds x dmg to the attack of the Dread Knight, but takes x attack speed. Also grants the Dread Knight 5 unholy dmg, which reduces enemies strength for a time.
Passive. Grants the Dread Knight small life-stealing attack and gives him a chance to deal extra dmg in an AoE.

Ultimate--Command of the Dead [Troop Buff]
Raises a Skeleton Captain with X HP and five Skeleton Warriors with Y HP to fight for the Dread Knight. The Captain has an arsenal of separate abilities used to augment nearby troops. Skeletons last until killed. Skeleton Captains have...
at lvl 1:
1500 HP, 12 Armor, and the Command ability, which gives nearby warriors a 25% increase in attack.
at lvl 2:
1800 Hp, 19 Armor, and the Nether Heal ability, which fills a slain warrior with the powers of the undead, granting an AoE heal to nearby units. Also dmgs enemies for 75% of the healing power.
at lvl 3:
2100 HP, 25 Armor, and the Decrepit ability, which afflicts nearby heroes with a small DOT and gives them and chance to randomly black out. When this happens, a ghost is released which steals nearby unit's armor.
at lvl 4:
2500 HP, 30 Armor, and the Shadow Presence ability, which converts one assigned structure to the Dread Knight's faction.
Last edited by DarkNemesis on March 11th, 2009, 5:13 am, edited 9 times in total.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: Vhal'Naathris--Dread Knight

#2 Post by jamn455 »

Not to be an ass or anything, but Sacrifice seems exactly the same as Encouragement.

You spelled Captain wrong.

I will find more shit wrong with it when I am not tired, you better fix the mistake listed above, or I will flame it later.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

Since he's unholy, perhaps it could be "Discouragement" type deal. It could be a target non hero enemy with [x + (y * Dread Knight Level)] health or less to instantly kill it, then putting the corpse on a pike that will have a negative aura that slows attack speed and move speed. Still a bit like the Dwarf Blackwhatever Tavern Hero's corpse stick thing summoned from corpses.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:Not to be an ass or anything, but Sacrifice seems exactly the same as Encouragement.

You spelled Captain wrong.

I will find more shit wrong with it when I am not tired, you better fix the mistake listed above, or I will flame it later.
I love you Jamn, your the best. :wink:

Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, I kinda shitty out on his innate, which is sad because I was wanting to give him a decent and unique one. Probably going to change it, later. When I can think of something better.

[Edit] Updated, changed, and fixed stuff. Also cleaned up grammar and overall appearance, though if any of you guys see incorrect stuff, let me know so I can correct it.

P.S. I'm not fond of the Soul Steal name, if anyone has any better ideas for a different name, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Azathoth21
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: [Fel Horde] Vhal'Naathris--Dread Knight

#5 Post by Azathoth21 »

I suggest

for your Demonic Consume:

Takes the corpse of a slain units and converts it into Damage, Increase the Troops dmg in X for Y secs

It sound a lil hard that of demonic presence of his Ultimate I mean make a structure changes to Hero's faction... mmhmm :-/ I smell a problem xD

Not to mention that a purge or dispell hero will kill the summoned units quick xD

I suggest a mind mass control: (Demonic Presence or Demonic Control) The Captain will control 6 Enemy troop Units (Zone skill) for something like 10 or 15 secs. You must use it wisely because it haves a big Cooldown.

Tell me what you think about it Nemesis ^^
XV-22 Battle Suit... Ready to take Command

ImageImage

Consider it... Done!

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

Re: [Fel Horde] Vhal'Naathris--Dread Knight

#6 Post by DarkNemesis »

Actually, I rather like your ideas. Though the ultimate concept could overlap into feeling like say Huntress's ult. I don't mind though. :D

The other, eh. Cool, I'll grant you. But this guy is suppose to be a tank/dmg dealer. If your intentions were to convert into a DPS-type idea, not sure. Though actually, the UD really don't have a decent DPS hero...