New items

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

New items

#1 Post by DarkNemesis »

Some new items would be nice for upcoming versions of EotA.

Here's some ideas:

Orb of Fortitude
Orb
+25 Str
+25 Int
Gold cost: 400/2500 (same price as the OFS)

Ring of Empowerment
Ring
200% mana regen
+20 to any one selected attribute
Gold cost: 640/4000

Ring of Power

Ring
+15 Str
+15 Agi
+25 Armor
Gold cost: 620/3800

New item class: Hero

The Hero item class is a unique one, similar in that regard to the Ultimate, though more than one (but not by the same player) may be purchased. Hero items, unlike traditional ones, grant the purchaser a innate bonus. These bonuses have three parts: Agi, Str, and Int, and grant the bearer a 7% increase in that stat. This is included with every item, lending them a special edge. Hero items tend to be more money however then the mundane Str ring or battle orb, however, and therefore, are a specialized purchase.

Dragon's Claw

Hero
+40 Armor
+25 Attack
Innate bonus (Str): Grants nearby units a 25% increase in Armor. Aura effect.
Gold cost: 600/3800

Druid Staff
Hero
+10 Int
+10 Str
+10 Agi
+5 HP regen
Innate bonus (Int): Grants nearby units a 100% increase in mana regen. Aura effect.
Gold cost: 610/4250

Book of the Necromancer

Hero
+20 Int
+15% spell dmg reduction
+ Summon drake ability: Summons two nether drakes to fight for you. Cooldown 3 min.
Innate bonus (Int): Grants nearby units a 100% increase in mana regen. Aura effect.
Gold cost: 540/3400

Belt of the Cleric
Hero
+35 Int
+5 HP regen
+ Heal ability: Heal a target friendly unit for 10% of its total health. Cooldown 30 sec.
Innate bonus (Str): Grants nearby units a 25% increase in Armor. Aura effect.
Gold cost: 500/3125

Dwarven Axe
Hero
+40 Attack
+Bash ability: gives a 10% chance to stun the target for 2 sec and reduce armor by 10 for 10 sec. Aura effect.
Innate bonus (Agi): Grants nearby units a 15% increase in MS and AS. Aura effect.
Gold cost: 560/3650

That's it for now. Add more later and when I can think of some.
Last edited by DarkNemesis on February 21st, 2009, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

Re: New items

#2 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tweaked and updated, with gold pricing.

Note: if the prices seem to high or low, or if you see incorrect grammar, please tell me!
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

How does an aura effect have a timer?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:How does an aura effect have a timer?
Works like Hazard Slash or Shatter.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#5 Post by Tehw00tz »

So it's an activatable aura?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:So it's an activatable aura?
Yes, kinda like deahtblow, once you get a stun off, then the armor reduction is "activiated". For 10 seconds in an AoE.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#7 Post by jamn455 »

I think you mean orb effect, not aura effect.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:I think you mean orb effect, not aura effect.
Well what's the difference?

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#9 Post by jamn455 »

About as much of a difference as a penis and a vagina.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#10 Post by DarkNemesis »

So what is an orb effect then?

I'm not getting you guys, I think I explained it pretty well. Similar to the armor reduction thing of Alexander, except activated by the stun instead, easy enough understand, right? Hope so.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#11 Post by jamn455 »

Other than the fact that Rune Knight's armor reduction isn't an aura.
Line 'em up.

BlazingEdge
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: BlazingEdge

#12 Post by BlazingEdge »

DarkNemesis wrote: Orb of Fortitude
Ring
Epic fail. An orb on the finger? What's kind of crap is that? Let's make a step further and rename "Potato of Apocalypse" in "Anal balls of BDSM" and make them passable to opponent only from melee range and from behind.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#13 Post by Tehw00tz »

I think BlazingEdge is the first new member of these forums that I do not hate.

Seriously though, an orb effect is like Alexander's enchanted sword attack. For lack of auras in EotA I'll use Devotion Aura, devotion aura is totally different from an orb effect, it is only passive and you do not have to activate it at all.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Tehw00tz wrote:Seriously though, an orb effect is like Alexander's enchanted sword attack. For lack of auras in EotA I'll use Devotion Aura, devotion aura is totally different from an orb effect, it is only passive and you do not have to activate it at all.
Let me just add that the only difference between the two is that the orb effect activates only on hit, but is always there, whereas the aura effect is always active and always there.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:I think BlazingEdge is the first new member of these forums that I do not hate.

Seriously though, an orb effect is like Alexander's enchanted sword attack. For lack of auras in EotA I'll use Devotion Aura, devotion aura is totally different from an orb effect, it is only passive and you do not have to activate it at all.
Of course you don't hate him, he's posted twice and is already attacking others posts.

Yes, it was an attack, because all he did was criticize, not offer helpful advice.

Why the hell are we talking about orb effects? What is so difficult about understanding these items? Please tell me so I can pinpoint your confusion. :roll:

Note: Blazing Edge, if your going to respond, at least offer helpful tips. If not, please don't respond to my threads at all and save the room for actual tips. Thanks.

P.S. What are the thoughts on the hero items? Anybody?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#16 Post by Tehw00tz »

DarkNemesis wrote: Why the hell are we talking about orb effects? What is so difficult about understanding these items? Please tell me so I can pinpoint your confusion. :roll:
Because you obviously don't know what the christ youre fucking talking about
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#17 Post by jamn455 »

DarkNemesis wrote: P.S. What are the thoughts on the hero items? Anybody?
They are bad.
Line 'em up.

Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Keilan

#18 Post by Ford Prefect »

BlazingEdge wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote: Orb of Fortitude
Ring
Epic fail. An orb on the finger? What's kind of crap is that? Let's make a step further and rename "Potato of Apocalypse" in "Anal balls of BDSM" and make them passable to opponent only from melee range and from behind.
Epic fail, you can't conceive of a spherical object small enough to be fitted into a ring?

I can't help but notice the only other objection to his items is that he titled an effect wrong, an effect that he fully explained, so it's title doesn't really matter. Well, that and "they are bad" which is patently unhelpful and nonspecific. So, does that means that everyone likes his items except for totally trivial crap?
Remember to observe Towel Day on May 25th.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#19 Post by jamn455 »

Nobody said anything about an orb being fitted into a ring, but calling the orb a ring is incorrect. Even if it was to be fitted into a ring, it would still be of the orb class, or if anything an accessory.

The addition of aura giving items would be terrible for the game, why don't we just name the game EotA: Allstars and add recipes to the game.
Line 'em up.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#20 Post by Perhaps »

It doesn't matter that "no one said anything being fitted into a ring." It's called a reason of doubt or otherwise and unspoken thought that may exist. But look who I'm talking to, I forgot foreseeing possibilities before speaking out is something you continually lack. Before he changed it to orb, there were multiple possibilities of what it could be.

The could have been reasonings for Orb of Fortitude to take place as a ring...
In the EotA world, it's an Orb, but game play wise it's something not wanted to be limited to one of, or otherwise cancel out others being simultaneous with it in the inventory. Though I'll give making it a "no type" would work just the same. Going more in-depth, orbs are things that hover about your presence, which of course makes it so you don't have to use a shield or weapon hand to wield them. It could have been that the orb is required to make contact or close contact to the user to gain the benefits of the orb, in which case the ring holds it down and due to the fact it's not in air space and is a direct feed it no longer interferes with other orbs. It could also be that the orb requires a special medium to connect to the user, in which case is the ring, and again because it only interacts directly to the user it wouldn't interfere with other orbs.

An Aura wouldn't be bad if it was a temporary effect from casting the item. In which I suppose might not be the case for the book. In which case you could have suggested it be changed to that instead.

Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident

#21 Post by Ford Prefect »

Yay, look jamn, you've managed to start explaining what you think is wrong with his items, "The addition of aura giving items would be terrible for the game." Congratulations, so continue with why they would be horrible, so that DarkNemesis can actually have some real input into his items for the first time in the thread. All we have right now is the implied "because I say so."
Last edited by Ford Prefect on February 21st, 2009, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Ford Prefect, I admire your attempt, but the EotA forums are not like a debate: People don't have to present their point and then defend it. No, it just takes someone with more squares under their name than you to say "it's bad" and it is.

Anyway. My thoughts on the hero items: I don't believe they deserve a spot in the game. I don't think that we need another class of items, because it's already complex enough as it is for someone to pick up (Explained the temper mechanic countless times, and yet I still see "Noob" flashing over people's heads..) I also don't understand what you said before you started listing off Hero Items -- Something about granting a 7% increase in a stat? Could you explain that?

Why would we want to put in a purely passive ability, anyway? I'd want something I can do with the item, if it's so heroic.

Just my $0.02.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#23 Post by Perhaps »

Using "bars" as a measurement as "know how" and validity is a bad idea. First of all those posts include unrelated to EotA posts, or for the matter game play. Posting more doesn't necessarily mean that person learns or experiences more of the game. Here's a nugget I found out from Toxik that highly contradicts seniority being a reasonable factor of know-how, the gist he said, "it took them a year to find out obelisks were a win," which is probably enough time for 3 or more bars in forum posting. After learning what obelisks did, which was my first game of experimenting, I could tell obelisks were a winning factor. And that'd be what? My 0 posts. Also, Tehw00tz who is almost to a full meter, the closest to it without admin status, still does and probably will stay on that top fucking lane in Stormwail even with his team at an obelisk control of -2 or more till the end of time.

Ford Prefect
Resident
Resident

#24 Post by Ford Prefect »

CryptLord1234 wrote:Ford Prefect, I admire your attempt, but the EotA forums are not like a debate: People don't have to present their point and then defend it. No, it just takes someone with more squares under their name than you to say "it's bad" and it is.
Well, I can see how that would be the case, as I have the utmost respect for squares, and if they choose to congregate around someone, then that person is likely worthy of my respect, as well. :roll:

By the way, I wasn't necessarily suggesting a debate, but if he wants to improve on his item ideas, he needs actual input, doesn't he?
Last edited by Ford Prefect on February 21st, 2009, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#25 Post by jamn455 »

The way I see it, is there are many more things that need to be added or reintroduced to the game before the addition of new items. These items have bad concepts, and I do not seem them going into EotA as they are. It is not my call to tell him what he needs to add, since Yak is the only one that will put them in the map. If Yak wants to add his opinion about these items, so be it, but nobody here knows what Yak is looking for to put in the map other than himself.
Line 'em up.