Talent Suggestions

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

Talent Suggestions

#1 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

Since most heroes don't have talents, and most of those that do don't have many, I thought we should have a thread to help come up with ideas for Yak. So please, try to keep it within reason. I will also try and keep this post updated with all those that are posted so it will be easy to see what has already been suggested. You may suggest names if you wish.

EDIT: Added Hammel and de-cross's talent ideas. Their names are credited in front of the talent.

Creep Heroes
Acid Reaver
Clinging Breath: Units hit by Caustic Breath continue to take damage after being hit. Damage is a % of Caustic Breath damage over time.

Intimidating Officer: Bane's willingness to sacrifice his own troops affects even the enemy, causing enemy units within Encouragement's affect radius to suffer the effects of Encouragement in reverse, probably at a reduced effect.

CHARGE!: Pretty simple, increases Encouragement's radius of affect, works in conjunction with the above talent.

Scarab
Sandman: If a unit is prematurely brought out of sleep when near the Scarab, % chance of them going back to sleep. Could probably use an aura to determine if the unit should be affect or something.

Life Wave Talent: Increase width of Life Wave.

Colossus
Earthquake: Increased chance of being stunned in Tremor.

Fracture: % chance of reducing movement/attack speed when hit by Rockslide.

Elder Treant
Cannibalism :P: Increase health gain from Eat Tree.

Reincarnation: Units that are revived from Rebirth come back in newer, better bodies. Possible effects are rezing with more health, rezing with some mana, or perhaps some sort of mini-Promote (with one of the two other effects when on heroes).

Arboreal Crusader

Dread Shaman
Improved Totems: Bigger Earthbind radius, faster Fire Nova, faster Skyfury, increased sight on blah blah, something else

Arcane Mistress
Overcast: Increased Mind Fog radius, or stop all enemy regen while in the fog.

Spontaneous Combustion: Units hit by Black Arrow have a %chance of igniting, taking damage over time. If they die while under the effects of this and Black Arrow, the resulting explosion is larger.

Master of the Hunt
Awareness: Small passive invisibility detection, bigger Search radius.

Icespinner
Snowstorm: Units within Blizzard's radius get chance to miss.

Grim Hag

High Elf Heroes
Rune Knight
Rune of Devastation: Rune of Fortification increases the building's attack speed/damage

Rune Shell Talent: Increase % of previous Rune Shell is kept.

Blazing Priest
Cleanse the Unclean: Enemy units near Flames of the Devout take damage every second.

Mystic Swashbuckler
Fury: Increased attack speed from Flurry, but take extra damage while under its effects.

Avalanche of Blades: Increased duration of Flurry.

Time Cleric

Arcane Archer
Opposable Thumbs: The Arcane Archer's Familiar can hold 1 item, possibly with multiple levels giving more item space.

Disperse Spells: By sharing negative spells affecting her with her Familiar, the Arcane Archer can reduce the duration of the enemy spells on her.

Arcane Strength: Upgrades the Familiar's damage.

Aeromancess
[de-cross] Mana Rush talent: When using the Mana Rush spell a percentage (maybe 5/10/15) of the mana gained is also healed.

[de-cross] Tempest/Maelstrom talent: Tempest is able to hit Units affected by Mealstorm for 40/80/120/160% damage.

Divine Wizard
Energy Withdrawal: Units affected by Energy Drain also lose mana. Or maybe they lose mana instead of health until they lose mana.

Elemental Flux: The Fire Elemental created from Spellshift is weakened, but in return a Water Elemental is also created. Higher levels could also make an Earth and Air Elemental.

Retribution: Adds a Smite-like mechanic to Vengeance, draining mana for extra damage. Shouldn't be very effecient. Could also work instead by adding more damage the less mana the DW has, but again, not nearly as effecient as getting health down. Could add a max damage it could add, increasing with each level of the talent.

Infiltrator
Terrorism >_>: Sabotage inflicts % damage of damage inflicted to the building to surrounding units, discluding the Infiltrator herself, but including allied units.

Stealth: Decreases Blitz transition time.

FUCKING BITCH: Increases angle with which AoO works, though at decreased effectiveness.

Tactician
Summon Army: Increases number of Flankers.

Barbed Netting: Units that are netted take damage per second while under the effects.

[Hammel] Ensnare Talent: Less time from using the spell and the netting falling.

Soul Binder
Last edited by AlienFromBeyond on August 18th, 2006, 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

de-cross
Visitor
Visitor

#2 Post by de-cross »

Treant:
[insert name here] = gives some mana back if you revive using revive.

AedharinSadai
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by AedharinSadai »

Life Wave Talent: Increase width of Life Wave.
The AoE is allready big enough
Earthquake: Increased chance of being stunned in Tremor.
Was the Tremor AoE fixed allready?
Opposable Thumbs: The Arcane Archer's Familiar can hold 1 item, possibly with multiple levels giving more item space.
I think that would make the abuse of some items to easy. (but I like the idea that I could give the fam an invi pot :)

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#4 Post by Hammel »

You cannot control the Fam so giving it items is.. bad. How would he drop the for upgrading/selling when you need the gold?

What about a talent making the Hippgryph for Ensnare (Tactician) faster? (Or to make it travel a shorter way) Mines (that need timing, too) get such a bonus.

-Ham

EDIT: Added Tactician, thanks, Shadow.

Btw: Any skilled player will change his route when he sees the Tact's signal for the Ensnare. Still it can be funny to Ensnare an unexpeting enemy for an Infil to strike (easier when the enemy cannot move). Either the enemy will turn to run to attack or run away, so Infil can hit. But that doesnt belong here.
Last edited by Hammel on August 18th, 2006, 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by Shadow.M4L »

You mean for Tactican? No i dont think that is needed, maybe setting the cast range up by 200 at max but its ok so.
Maybe a ability to pick the banner from the ground and have it over her head or something like that.
Maybe attach it on a friendly unit would be good too so u dont need to cast hundreds of them.

And the Ensnare Damage Idea, i like it!

de-cross
Visitor
Visitor

#6 Post by de-cross »

Talents for the Aeromancess:

Name:I'm bad with names =P
When using the Mana restore spell a percentage (maybe 5/10/15) of the mana gained is also healed.

Tempest is able to hit Units affected by Mealstorm for 40/80/120/160% damage. (I just loved the old bug >=) )

Pheonick
Resident
Resident

Naming Hour

#7 Post by Pheonick »

:!:
Yay, i have found a purpose!

Suggested names for talents w/o one:
de-cross' talents - Energy Burst, Draw Life (mana rush talent)
Air Currents, Hurricane, Piercing Wind (well...guess)

h4mmel's - Advanced Targeting, Hyppogryph Training

AlienFromBeyond's - Vital Tide (Life Wave)
Potent Glyphs, Durability, Apaptive Runes(Rune Shell)

Renaming:

Some talents seemed to have kinda weak (or reluctant) naming choices, either way i just didn't like them so much, so...

Clinging Breath -> Caustic Slime, Viscous Acid
CHARGE! - > Dire Intent, Havoc Shout (I just didnt like a spell and talent sharing names =/)
Terrorism -> Shrapnel, Foundation Shatter
FUCKING BITCH -> ...I'm actually fine with this one, well the name of it at least.
Disperse Spells -> (Arcane) Kinship

And now some of my ideas:

To make it actually used;
Arcane Archer's Ethereal Healing:
Focused Casting- Makes healing quicker and more effective (so it's less annoying and more helpful (in combat))

Dread Shaman's Shared Pain:
Malefaction, Echoing Agony - makes shared pain affect 2/3/5 units near the primary target at 20%/15%/10% less potency.

Scarab's Nightmare:
Restless Sleep- adds an immolation-like effect, nightmare's DOT affects enemy units close to the sleepers aswell (without int bonus...there is an int bonus to damage in nightmare, right?).

Narcolepsy- a 15 second buff that occurrs after nightmare's expiration, chance to make the awakened units go to sleep when they attack 6%/12%/18%

I could make up more, but i haven't had much chance to explore who has what talents, so can someone on the 'inside' post a list of who is lacking? Kthx. :)
I've been told that, with major surgery, I can become a preeetty good combination doorstep and draft excluder.

I feel...zomg.

"Stop getting up at night, just pee in your closet, it's that easy!" - Billy May

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Hammel »

AA's Ethereal Healing is most effective heal in the game (as Yak says), and in 1.11 it wont slow anymore... feel free to abuse it, tricking towers with it, AoO a hero and get out ~~ (as infil, for example)... and I am unsure, does it buff the TC heal?

Narcolepsy: Imba, sorry, Nightmare already owns most spawnies later on.

Konnar
Regular
Regular

#9 Post by Konnar »

Even if it's the most effective, I've never seen anyone use it.
And Ham, criticism is good, but stop sounding like a whiny baby when you post some.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#10 Post by Tehw00tz »

Konnar wrote:Even if it's the most effective, I've never seen anyone use it.
And Ham, criticism is good, but stop sounding like a whiny baby when you post some.
+1
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Vuther
Wanderer
Wanderer

#11 Post by Vuther »

How about Tactician:

Reinforcements: Increases also creates a not-promoted version for every unit promoted. (In other words, you promoted 3 footmen, you create 3 not-promoted footmen too.)

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by DarnYak »

Ethereal healing will be replaced eventualy. Possibly in 1.11, but more likely 1.11b+ or 1.12

The spell itself wont go away completely, it will likely return as an inniate (either replacing a current one or for some future hero)

DarnYak

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#13 Post by Tehw00tz »

DarnYak wrote:Ethereal healing will be replaced eventualy. Possibly in 1.11, but more likely 1.11b+ or 1.12

The spell itself wont go away completely, it will likely return as an inniate (either replacing a current one or for some future hero)

DarnYak
Possibly an innate for a fel-orc/undead hero?
BTW will undead and fel-orcs get their own tavern? I don't see how sniper would fit in with undead, although he is evil incarnate.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by DarnYak »

Tehw00tz wrote:BTW will undead and fel-orcs get their own tavern? I don't see how sniper would fit in with undead, although he is evil incarnate.
No. Mercs are mercs cause they don't care who they work for as long as they get paid. And the UD have nothing against hiring mercs, seeing as their leadership is made up of former mercs.

DarnYak

Elrath of the Els
Wanderer
Wanderer

#15 Post by Elrath of the Els »

Rune Knight

Faster working mana siphon rune... shorter duration, same effect.

Percent increase on the effectiveness of the magic reduction on imbued equipment.

Much longer duration on the armor decrease from imbued equipment.

Aura of magic resistance based on imbued equipment. (Imbued creep gear?)

Blazing Priest

Longer duration on Flame of the Devout, or shorter cooldown.

AE buff chance to resist dispelling, or more hp on Flame of the Devout.

Backfire: Allow extra damage from casting more than one spell. Perhaps reduced, or even just a refresh of the effect, or extended duration?

Soul Binder

Wider area of effect on innate.

Invuln for a time after summoning the clone (short time, cancels if clone dies - mostly an option to help a tiny bit against see invis).

Damage higher at greater distances with fire spell (up to the same as with close, or near it).

Arcane Archer

Ice Wall: Slows nearby enemies; attack or movement, or both.

Arboreal Crusader

Wider gale (possibly show two+, to form a cone?). Or longer gale, with increased knockback.

Yggdrasil

Extra HP on grasping treant.

Any heroes in particular?

Demongod86
Regular
Regular

#16 Post by Demongod86 »

Some talents for infilt:

1) Hand Bombs: Increases casting range of mines, decreases casting time.
2) Flammable fumes: Units caught under smoke will take extensive burning damage a mine is detonated within the smoke cloud.
3) Stealth Strike: Deals additional damage (up to an additional 100%) if blitz is broken with AoO. (So if you hit them straight in the face with a blitzed AoO, you get one AoO. If you hit them from behind, GFG.)
4) Aerial Blade: Allows AoO to hit aerial targets.
5) Foundation crusher: mines do extra damage to buildings.
/you SHUT THE FUCK UP, GODDAMMIT!

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

Re: Talent Suggestions

#17 Post by Discombobulator »

3) Stealth Strike: Deals additional damage (up to an additional 100%) if blitz is broken with AoO. (So if you hit them straight in the face with a blitzed AoO, you get one AoO. If you hit them from behind, GFG.)
sigged.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#18 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Ok lets see:

Tactican:
Net: The Net idea is good, the Net realy need to do damage OR decrease armor, maybe also some sort of other factors.
Flank: Summon Huntress faster.
Greatbow: Higher Damage bonus from Strenght.
Banner: Still the idea casting it on a Unit or picking it Up, also a hero picking it up could give the banner only their Bonus.
(Ingame moment, everyone got their Banners? Ok go!)
Promote: More Units?

Infiltrator:
AoO: If a enemy unit is netted/stunned/sleep etc AoO does extra damage, or you can also cast it from the front. But then it does only half damage.

Plight:
Stonecurse and Dive: A unit that is stonecursed and picked up will do additional damage agains units on the ground.
Stonecurse and The other area spell: If the unit stonecursed and only have 20hp or very low, then it will die instantly.
Stonecurse and the ultimate^^: Stonecursed Units will take damage while Stonecursed.
I think combining stonecurse with talents will make it much more attractive.

Uh yeah i dont play many different heros... i should do... but that was my ideas for now.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#19 Post by DarnYak »

Shadow.M4L wrote:AoO: If a enemy unit is netted/stunned/sleep etc AoO does extra damage, or you can also cast it from the front. But then it does only half damage.
This is already built into the spell, at 75%. Although the tooltip only mentions stuns and needs to be updated.

DarnYak

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#20 Post by mianmian »

Promote: More Units?
This is already a talent ~~
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Hammel
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by Hammel »

Just like faster exploding mines...

For Flank, I would prefer the chance for Huntresses to be resurrected when killed while flanking... atm many die randomly to AoE nukes and Corpse Traps... and then it is kind of useless...

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#22 Post by Shadow.M4L »

Not even that, sometimes they just stuck somewhere in the terrain, also another thing is that the hunts can move trough anything but the tactican cant.

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#23 Post by BustroQuick »

Ascendant
Obsidian Defense - For 10 seconds after Terra Smashing, the Ascendant gains 3/6/9/12/15 armor and 4/8/12/16/20% resistance to evocation damage.

Bloat - Targets under the effects of Aberration explode upon death, dealing (50 + .3Int)/(100 + .6Int)/(150 + .9Int) area damage.

Defiler
Malodor - Targets killed by Pestilence leave an aura that reduces enemy attack speed by 10/20/30%

Plagueborn - Passively increases the Defiler's armor and evocation resistance by 3,2/6,4/9,6/12,9/15,12%

Forlorn Martyr
Illuminate - When Polarize triggers, a small area of true sight is given around the target enemy.

Storm Sentry - Stormspires have a weak/average/strong ranged attack.

More coming later.

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#24 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

High Oracle
Ki Focus - 50% of Ki blast is garenteed to heal target unit unless unit's health is full/filled. (Click in open area/not on unit to heal as standard). Putting more into Ki Focus will allow you to adjust by ±7.5% per point using "-kifocus ±y%"

Feel free to make suggestions to modify given values to fit for balance. ^_^

Mills
Addict
Addict

#25 Post by Mills »

Thus making the Tactician's ultimate useless.