Mini Building Items

Submit hero or skill concepts for critiquing and potential implementation.
Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Mini Building Items

#1 Post by Perhaps »

I was thinking it'd be nice if there was an option that you can convert a building into a "mini" of it as an item (similar to mini obelisk), more than likely for a fee. This would make towers and generators more dynamic, allowing them to be more functional.

Some parts for the package of this idea, would be that the towers health state would be preserved by turning it into an item (using item health), it can only be picked up by the team of its race, and when in an inventory, it will take 1/2 damage that the hero takes (meaning, 10 damage will do 10 to unit/hero, 5 to tower).

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Re: Mini Building Items

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

Holy shit that idea isn't half bad. Maybe if you can only move towers in lanes that you already have the next outpost in. Say your on the west side of the map and you take out the opposing outpost on top, buy a new outpost then maybe the option for moving the towers can be available.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

This is a very interesting idea i'll need to think about. Offhand the one thing I'm sure i dont' want happening is people deconstructing all the main base towers and moving them up front, making it really damn hard to siege anything.

The other thign would be deconstructing obeisk towes right before they're attacked (That's a very safe option if the enemy team is unable to pick them up)

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#4 Post by Perhaps »

Well the picking them up for safety, is what them being damaged when the hero/unit is being damaged is for. So in a way it's safe, but on the other hand not 100% safe. Leaving them on the ground wouldn't be all that safe either, army wouldn't attack them, but heroes could attack it still with the towers having their health, or maybe a counter balance for the fact army unable to attack it and spells not being able to hit it by reducing the health it has set by ratio. Also even with no pick up dynamic where the item is dropped the moment it's picked up, they could still pick it up with their short, but still ranged pick up pulling it back a step or to, doing that until it reaches their base.

The cost of full frontal placement would be vulnerability to back dooring, which is one reason I'm suggesting this. The ability to reposition base's towers to in some degree help deal with Ascendant and Grim Hag back dooring. But the main reason is to move them from needed areas to not as much needed areas. An example would be placing a tower in an escape route of heroes, but eventually that stops working, moving it to another location would be keen.

What'd MOSTLY be nice for is alters (alters would be indestructible). Though if applied to alters, alters would need to be made flying so that people couldn't make invincible walls with them. >_>

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#5 Post by Dekar »

So when the enemy moves his back towers to the front, you get your back towers and an invis potion and place them all at once around their main building. Or you just do it without your enemy removing them, theres ample space at the altar area anyway to place enough towers to kill not only the main but every reviving hero, too. :o
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

I'm under the impression there would be a restriction on where you can place them, otherwise there would be no reason to have build times at all, so placing them in an undefended main base would be a non issue.

The more i think about this, the more I think this would just be a workaround instead of improving the obelisk control system, and for towers itself it's very open to abuse. Generators on the other hand I'm tempted to sneak into the next version...although, with the reduced cost of gens, probably irrelevant.

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#7 Post by Perhaps »

My view of it, is only restricted by not being able to place on non-buildable. However there would be a train/build time for converting it to a 'mini'/item, and for placing it. More than likely a build/placement duration shorter than actually building it since as I suggested it would have a fee/gold cost turning into a 'mini'/item.

As far as placing towers at the alters, just change the default location of the tower on the back side of the castle close enough range for the alters. As far as relocating alters that could be bad positions, that's their own discretion.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#8 Post by Dekar »

What use does a relocated altar have anyway?

If you want to temper outside your base, go and do some pubsmash to gain access to the temper command.
If you want to revive at another place:
-You sometimes save some seconds and some gold ( revive on the right lane ), but you paid more for relocating.
-You drop your mini altar somewhere and cant revive anymore.(wtf!) OR You drop your mini altar wherever you need it and dont build it anymore.

Random solutions:
Cannot be picked up by anyone except your own hero, drops and builds on death. x_X
Revive at base when it is not build.

And if you make it "fly" heroes can hide under it.

And turning a tower to its mini version may possibly result in this:
Tower is packed immediately / tower channels a skill / tower is paused: Tower turns into a low priority target and is saved from destruction. Still cheaper than building a new tower and will drag out games longer.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#9 Post by Perhaps »

Dekar wrote:Tower is packed immediately / tower channels a skill / tower is paused: Tower turns into a low priority target and is saved from destruction. Still cheaper than building a new tower and will drag out games longer.
Tell me where I said "immediate packed," because I remember specifically stating that there'd be a destruct/itemize time.
Perhaps wrote:However there would be a train/build time for converting it to a 'mini'/item, and for placing it.
This certainly doesn't say that. >_>

You should already know I don't agree to ranking rewards. Reward should come from skill, not initial time spent. Even if I wasn't, it's already problematic with new people coming in and seeing things they don't understand, let alone seeing a feature that only certain people can use it.

And for Alters, I already considered the possible bug situations, I figured common sense would fill in those blanks, but I guess I'm wrong with this given the "immediate packed" misunderstanding.

While we're in the vicinity of alters for discussion..., Alters should have their sight radius reduced to where they only provide enough for their own visibility. It's pretty stupid how much of a base Nephilim can see into a base when false alliance is applied.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#10 Post by Dekar »

I didnt want to express towers are immediately packed, but should they stop firing during the packing time, they will be about the last thing spawns want to attack.

The tower could keep attacking while packing itself, but in the worst case this may lead to other imbalances.
As easiest scenario: if you see a large push incoming you time the deconstruction well enough to dish out damage for some time and then saving the tower with 25-50% hp, where it would have get destroyed. Things like tower dropping in enemy territory and immediate deconstruction could be prevented through the already mentioned location restrictions.

Bartimaeus
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: Whynn

#11 Post by Bartimaeus »

This is pretty much bumping a topic, but in wc3edit.net, Dekar says we're allowed to if we have something to add to it, ;) (edit) I don't believe it is the same Dekar from wc3edit.net, though, considering (our) Dekar doesn't write like your Dekar, regardless of how they both live in Germany, and are close to the same age, I believe.

Anyways, I like the idea of being able to move towers, but I do not, however, like the idea of OTHERS being able to move towers. For example, if they dislike me, they could take the towers out of my lane, and put it in their's. You say I could move them back, but I say that I don't have to time to do that, now, because now I'm fighting off every single blasted unit from the enemy team there is on my lane, and if I leave, they'll break down our Castle/Keep, the lane will be overrun, and we'll lose. I think we should be able to move only stuff we make/own. For example, if I make a tower in my lane, I should be able to move it if I need to, and others shouldn't be able to.

They also might place the default towers at idiotic places, and end up getting the lane overrun due to bad strategic sense.
'

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#12 Post by Dekar »

That Dekar is a fucking bastard with cheat packs for retarded. And he is too stupid to write any account somehwere on his page so people keep thinking thats me.

Sometimes its fun to pretend to be him, though, especially when you get to talk to some of his real life friends and they dont notice it. :roll:

Bartimaeus
Wanderer
Wanderer

#13 Post by Bartimaeus »

I was wondering why you weren't a moderator. Now I know, ;)

Hey, why don't you read the rules?
DarnYak wrote:5. Remember that people outside the clan visit these forums: We don't want to make a bad impression on visitors.
'

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#14 Post by DarkNemesis »

Bartimaeus wrote:I was wondering why you weren't a moderator. Now I know, ;)

DarnYak wrote:5. Remember that people outside the clan visit these forums: We don't want to make a bad impression on visitors.
Ok, ok, guys. Ease up. We don't need a troll fest started here.

Bartimaeus, as a new person to the EotA forums I just you to know some of the members here are... rather merciless at times, so be careful. I'm not blaming Dekar or anyone, just saying to watch out. Those that are tend to have a very short temper, and jump at the chance to attack/flame and otherwise cause voracious behavior.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Bartimaeus wrote:I was wondering why you weren't a moderator. Now I know, ;)

That rule has gone far out the window. Mods don't care. Community just arbitrarily picks someone to hate and goes at it until they leave or turn into a lurker.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Bartimaeus
Wanderer
Wanderer

#16 Post by Bartimaeus »

DarkNemesis wrote:Ok, ok, guys. Ease up. We don't need a troll fest started here.

Bartimaeus, as a new person to the EotA forums I just you to know some of the members here are... rather merciless at times, so be careful. I'm not blaming Dekar or anyone, just saying to watch out. Those that are tend to have a very short temper, and jump at the chance to attack/flame and otherwise cause voracious behavior.
Sounds like a good, loving community. Seems like you guys need to re-write your rules, or get better moderators that do their job.
'

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#17 Post by Dekar »

Im one of the nicest guys around here. >_>

And rules do not exists in this forum. :shock:

Bartimaeus
Wanderer
Wanderer

#18 Post by Bartimaeus »

Dekar wrote:Im one of the nicest guys around here. >_>

And rules do not exists in this forum. :shock:
Yeah, real nice, why don't you just flame me while you're trolling me, while you're at it.
'

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#19 Post by DarkNemesis »

Bartimaeus wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote:Ok, ok, guys. Ease up. We don't need a troll fest started here.

Sounds like a good, loving community. Seems like you guys need to re-write your rules, or get better moderators that do their job.
Yes, the rules do suck, and the mods are pretty lazy ass when it comes to enforcing anything.

But this is how it currently is. Sorry.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#20 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

There aren't exactly a lot of members active here and as a result not a real need for moderating.

You're best bet is to flame back.
I miss EotA :(

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Or just ignore 'em. Sticks 'n' stones -- It may be a little cliched, but it's as true as you make it.

. . .Just another example of mod inactivity, the lack of on-topicness of this thread.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#22 Post by Sparda963 »

DarkNemesis wrote:
Bartimaeus wrote:

Yes, the rules do suck, and the mods are pretty lazy ass when it comes to enforcing anything.

We are here, we are just all assholes or alcoholics, so it balances out in the end and we all get to laugh at you pussies who cant take a hit!
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#23 Post by DarkNemesis »

Sparda963 wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote:
Bartimaeus wrote:

We are here, we are just all assholes or alcoholics, so it balances out in the end and we all get to laugh at you pussies who cant take a hit!
They're is a difference between taking a hit and acting like an asshole. Your starting to sound like the latter. :wink:

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#24 Post by Tehw00tz »

Pissing off a drunk admin sounds like a super great idea.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#25 Post by Sparda963 »

Tehw00tz wrote:Pissing off a drunk admin sounds like a super great idea.
I was beyond drunk lol, i might still be drunk actually, or at least buzzing.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!