EotA East

Discuss the clan's operations and management.
Storamin
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

EotA East

#1 Post by Storamin »

So last night Mills from QQW took ops from eota and was just being a typical anti-social college student and acting like a tool bag in the channel...

what exactly caused this?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#2 Post by Tehw00tz »

He is infact ToXiK, who is also Dorthar
Last edited by Tehw00tz on June 11th, 2007, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#3 Post by jamn455 »

Just do what I always do, first log off so i cant get my shaman taken away. Second, go read a book, play another game, or do something else.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Mills
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Mills »

Storamin wrote:So last night Mills from QQW took ops from eota and was just being a typical anti-social college student and acting like a tool bag in the channel...

what exactly caused this?
Well apparently reading is to hard for you to do in channel seeing how I explained this three times while you were there, so it looks like I'll have to post it again for you to ignore.

Yak asked me if I wanted to help test EotA for a bit, I said yes if I had the time. After idling in the channel for awhile they got done with their game and hosted another, so I joined. Now seeing how this was a test game and people were talking in all chat about skill testing and when to use the skills, I thought it would be appropriate to test some of the difference between some bases. Apparently to Pool however, it seemed the object of the game was to build a command tower and direct it to me, screwing up what I was trying to see. Occording to some people however, they say this was my fault for not warning people that I was going to test something in a test game that people were clearly not taking as a serious game.

Now if Pool wants to be an asshole about things, I can play along and ban him from the channel. Yes I used the bot the op myself and such, but I'll get to that later. Now Pool before even asking to be unbanned or why he was banned, just whispers me "wtf?" and then goes and grabs Sparda. Now maybe, just imagine for a second, if Pool asked why, found out and said sorry or something along the lines of sorry, I would of easily unbanned him. Also maybe if Pool would of asked for how longhe was banned for, I could of said until someone came on to play DotA with. For reference purposes, Short came on ~20 minutes later and I would of played DotA with him. However this is not the case, Pool did indeed cry to Sparda and did not even bother to tell Sparda anything besides he was banned.

Anyways, Sparda now comes into the channel and decides following the footsepts of Pool is the best approach. Now, like Pool he chooes not to ask any questions about the situation and instead starts off with demanding I leave the channel immediately. Well, of course seeing how Sparda couldn't do anything against me at the moment and was as rude as he was, I decided not to. This is basically when things got ugly because no way in Hell am I going to leave the channel and unban Pool now. Either way this demanding and threatening to ban me as soon as I did leave went on for quite some time. Also, do you seriously expect me to listen to when you say this stuff will get anywhere? You have tried it before and it only made things worse. Oh my, kind of like it did this time as well, imagine that.

Now, how people did not know I am ToX is still suprising to me, I never tried to hide it and basically said it openly. Anyways Sparda finds out I'm ToX and starts to complain how I abuse his bots and services. The funny part is I could of just as easily done this without the bot, I only chose to use it because it would of just made things easier on everyone. I could of easily used Siege's account to reshaman myself or deshaman Pool and do it that way. Also if you did not know here is a news flash to you: The only reason I'm not a shaman let alone the chieftain of EotA is because I clicked the giveup chieftain to Siege button and I also clicked the demote ToXiK button. If you don't think it's in my authority to do something like this, to bad.

To sum it all up, I just banned Pool and that was about it. I'm not the one who refused to talk about it or start to make meaningless threats. I wasn't the one who decided to make this a clan issue.

Now onto w00tz random picture of uselessness.

Yes I am Mills, congratulations on figuring that one out seeing how almost everyone already knew. Now while your on such a role let's move to DortharSlankingy, which is actually just the letters of DarnYak and Shortling rearranged. Unlike Mills, he isn't me and just a friend from college, so ha.
Jamn455 wrote:Just do what I always do, first log off so i cant get my shaman taken away.
If I recall correct I did that once for joking purposes and gave it back within ten minutes =p

P.S. My change in verb tenses blows :(

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#5 Post by Discombobulator »

This is quality e-drama right here.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#6 Post by Dekar »

So you banned him because he screwed up your test that was unknown to him? :o
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by mianmian »

Wait a minute, he make a command tower so the spawns would attack only you? I didnt think that was possible.

And man demanding anything from you is stupid because theres no way in hell you would do it, the easiest way to ask you, and if still want to be a douche about it (you do sometimes), get Yak to deal with it, he can get remove your control from the bot, (I did see him pwn you like this once).

You were already opped but I think theres a way around this

Btw, my wall of text here for no reason, I just have to say rofl

PS: .ban mian* is a gay command :D
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#8 Post by Sparda963 »

Tox the only reason I sided with pool is because, well, he is an actual channel op, and he was banned. Now as for how you went about doing this, you used Sieglords account to give your users admin level access to the bot, which you should not have had. The commands you used to accomplish this were only accessible by Siege, Yak, and myself, no one else has the access for those commands. Then you loged in with your mills account. Now with admin level access to the bot equal to that of a shaman, you oped yourself, and then resigned the bot so it would rejoin the channel, giving you moderator status to the channel. You then proceeded to immediately ban poolman756 from the channel.

So as it stands at this point from a non-regulars point of view in the Clan EotA channel this is the view. You have a user with a clan tag not of EotA with moderator status, a moderating bot that can no longer do its job. And something people can't see, a Shaman of the clan banned from the channel.

So I have a question for Tox now. At any point in the game when Poolman was abusing a bug to mess you up, did you say to Yak, or anyone else, "Hey pool stop using the command tower to force units on me, im trying to test something with this base."???

If you didn't bring this up to anyone in the game, how could anything have been done about it?

So from my point of view when i get dragged into this at 8p.m. on a sunday night is, A shaman is banned, someone with a different clan tag is in charge of the channel, and the moderating bot is no longer oped. As time goes on i learn that you got pissed because of pool using command towers to mess up your thing that you didnt tell anyone about, so you left game, didnt tell anyone what was going on, then proceeded with everything you did to cause this drama.

So the way i see it is you got pissed because someone was harassing you with something in a test game of a test map. Instead of saying something in the game, you leave it, then ban a shaman.

You say pool is at fault for bringing me into this instead of confronting you. But you did the exact same thing as pool did. Pool said "wtf" to you when he found out you banned him, you went "fucking pool i was testing something" and then left the game and banned him. So you are putting the blame on pool for not confronting you about what was going on. But you didnt confront him at all about what he was doing in the game. As I see it you completely over reacted over a test game of a test map. As a result you completely bypassed the systems to moderate the channel, abused the powers of an account you were given access to only as a means of keeping the clan alive, and got me involved in something i should not have been involved in.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by DarnYak »

Now, how people did not know I am ToX is still suprising to me, I never tried to hide it and basically said it openly.
Liar. I distinctly remember you asking me to hide it from wootz ;P
Wait a minute, he make a command tower so the spawns would attack only you? I didnt think that was possible.
I believe it orders them to attack the location where the target was standing at the time units spawn or walk past it. This can result in some odd behavior.

DarnYak
Last edited by DarnYak on June 11th, 2007, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by mianmian »

Ah thanks Yak, thats some inetresting information :D

PS: was that test9?
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#11 Post by Tehw00tz »

ToXiK wrote: Now onto w00tz random picture of uselessness.

Yes I am Mills, congratulations on figuring that one out seeing how almost everyone already knew. Unlike Mills, he isn't me and just a friend from college, so ha.
I've know that since before I was an admin here, around the 3rd time you posted I told Sparda you were Mills. (I was much more sure about when I thought AlienFromBeyond was you)
ToXiK wrote: Now while your on such a role let's move to DortharSlankingy, which is actually just the letters of DarnYak and Shortling rearranged
I kinda figured that out around 6:00 AM when I posted the screenshot
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#12 Post by jamn455 »

Congrats, I knew it was ToX the first time i played an EotA against him and got destroyed.

You all just need to kiss and make up, holy shit... I've seen tox op himself in the channel and nothing bad happen. I see each side in fault here, pool for not asking why he was banned and all that shit, and ToX for not explaining what and how he was going to test something.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by Storamin »

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#14 Post by Tehw00tz »

jamn455 wrote:Congrats, I knew it was ToX the first time i played an EotA against him and got destroyed.
This isn't a contest....
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP