Flyer Blitz (Candleburg)

Post strategies and guides, and comment on those that others have written.

Moderator: Mills

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

Flyer Blitz (Candleburg)

#1 Post by Perhaps »

It's pretty simple, in Candleburg, let the "feast hall" or whatever it is build up to 12 energy. When they're either at mid point of playing field or at your base, click the "feast hall" then spam S key until energy is all gone.

What effect will it toll? Well Dragonhawks, Frost Drakes, and Frost Wyrms do decently heafty damage their of army units their damage type is the least reduced by heroes (of course not including mire hydra), they stack up (lot's of line damage), and they take priority to heroes. The effect it will toll is a lot of dead players.

Most cases sending a massive fleet of crap will only end in result of a hault at their towers. So may as well get some easy crystals for the energy. Despite saying that units just die at a hault at towers Flyer Spam actually mauls heroes, mauls army on the way to towers, then does a satisfactory hit on towers. Of course the nature is due to the fact Candleburg is a cluster fuck, so doing flyers instead of ground units line damage can be increased five fold.

Doing things that can compliment it doesn't hurt, such as the Super Drake Blitz, which is of course 12 Frost Drakes, but using Divine Manifestation and Encouragement at the same time.

I told DarnYak the flyers should cost 2 energy for Candleburg. So until he decides to change it or if he does, abuse away!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Flyer Blitz (Candleburg)

#2 Post by Dekar »

Did you at least try to counter them with 12 archers or priests once?

Or is it just one of these oh so very needed ways to kill a noob?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#3 Post by Perhaps »

Last time I checked Priests don't have a target priority for polymorph, or put otherwise, there's no garentee they will polymorph them.

Oh yeah, I had a game that I used it, against High Elves, they made different attempts to stop it. One attempt was 12 elite archers, it failed. Another attempt, they hired tier 2 mercinaries, also failed... This was actually their second attempt, the mercinaries was their last... *drum roll* 12 Priests, and it failed.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#4 Post by Reaper »

Priests also have a pretty decent ranged magical attack, in addition to polymorph. It's easy to defend against if you let them push back to the towers, then you can just counter with your own units
[Reaper]

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by Perhaps »

The polymorphing factor requires they have no army with it, otherwise they may only polymorph two drakes or so. Units will have it's priorities split down between what can attack it, everything that has an attack can attack a priest. For drakes their priorities can only be split what can attack air. Furthermore drakes have a major tendancy to share the same target rather than spreading. Singling out is one of the most basic and fundimental applications to micromanagement.

An example of single out verse spreading out.
10 units, 100 health, 10 damage.
One force their units all attack one, the others spread out their attacks in a 'one for one' fashion.
10 x 10 = 100, so with that a unit dies for the spread out force every wave of attack.

1st wave:
900 hp (spread force)
900 hp (single out force)

2nd wave:
800 hp (spread force)
810 hp (single out force)

3rd wave:
700 hp (spread force)
730 hp (single out force)

Final wave:
0 hp (spread force)
450 hp (single out force)
Health of the units for single out force: 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90

Not only dynamics are in favor of drakes when not polymorphed, they also mathmatically out class priests in stats.
For a priest to kill a drake it takes 13 (12.31) to 12 (11.42) attacks with a slow attack speed.
For a drake to kill a priest it takes 12 (11.68) to 11 (10.11) attack with an average attack speed.

Once again, I've also seen it try be countered with priests, and it didn't fly. I've had it work for me, ONLY because I destroyed the army with mines, leaving only drakes as targets for polymorph.

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by Reaper »

A usual wave doesn't even have 12 units, so chances are at least a third of the drakes would be targetted. Combo that with decent ranged attacks from your army and not retarded heroes, and it's really not that good. Depending on the opposing team, I would probably prefer magic immune units.
[Reaper]

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#7 Post by Perhaps »

It's a double spawn in Candleburg, which means 10 per, and at least 2 batches are at the towers if the Drake blitz is started on defense. Furthermore, even if it was as much as a counter as made to be, it still forces the other team to reserve for priests only in the meanwhile heroes can die along the way to the other base, unless they're decently quick to book it back to base.

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by Reaper »

I wasn't saying priests were a good choice.
[Reaper]