Dread Shaman Wiki created.

Post strategies and guides, and comment on those that others have written.

Moderator: Mills

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

Dread Shaman Wiki created.

#1 Post by randomd00d »

I created a wiki for one of my favorite unloved heroes:

http://eota.emufarmers.com/wiki/Dread_Shaman

I used Dekar's template this time and it worked pretty well. Dekar, as you have already discovered, the totem mastery thing didnt work out so hot. I saw the jpgs, but have no idea how to work the template to make it do.
Check the source code and you will see stats for all 5 totems at level 1 and level 6.
Maybe you could work some of your magic? ;-)

Everyone else... check it out. As always, knock yourself out editing to add hints, notes, corrections, or whatever you see fit. (There is no login required or anything, so its easy to do)

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

Re: Dread Shaman Wiki created.

#2 Post by aegir ravenking »

Lol, I was supposed to do this back in september.

Just, I thought I saw the critial strike gloves stack with his bouncing attack.

I normally go+ to mana regen early game then either all attacking damage or hitpoints depending on the opposing teams heros. It is always nice to try and stay in grand runes just to hear a runeknight ask what happened to all of his health.
Formerly known as kevin.mentor.
Darlocks and Psilons forever!

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#3 Post by Soulbourne »

Hmmm...I grab orb of attack, leather armor, and put all crystal into attack...after all, his attack bounces twice.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Yeah, thats me too, attack dmg mainly, plus some STr, cool thing about shammy is he can be specd pretty much any way,

Have to say though don't play him much cuz hes megga boring tp play, but still good, :|

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by A_New_Dawn »

An AGi based one is fun too.
Last edited by A_New_Dawn on February 10th, 2008, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#6 Post by randomd00d »

I tested critical strike carefully, and upon getting a crit, that particular attack does not bounce. It always crits on the first hit or not at all by the way. There is no bounce-crit.

I have yet to find a use for shared pain. Anyone have any experience using it with the ultimate activated?

For the grand rune example, you level up shared pain to 6... then cast it on the runeknight. Then run into his level 3 rune and take 600 damage (AoE 25% resist applies). Runeknight takes 550 nonlethal damage. Woopie.
Most other heroes can just show up, and skip the whole debuff them, do nonlethal damage, take even more damage personally, and just nuke the knight for 550 in the first place. Or dump a nasty debuff on them that doesnt require them to take damage (such as defiler).

Maybe this changes somewhat with Spirit Link? I havent really bothered to test it and determine percentages.
Still, I cant imagine skipping totem mastery or mass regen plus 1 point in expunge.

Finally, I have to disagree about speccing him any ole way. If you dont go DPS heavily, you wind up with a steaming pile. Sure, he can heal well, but so can Oracle...and she also geysers and Befuddles. So high INT does little other than pump your healing and manapool for little gain.

Skillwise, If you try to Mass Regen AND use Shared Pain often, your mana pool suffers, and you gotta get regen items. I just cant see going INT with shared pain and regen being as effective as DPS +regen +totems.

Of course, alternate opinions can certainly go into the Wiki. Write up some support for them, and toss em in! Thats why I made wiki instead of a strategy guide post.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Soulbourne »

I only use Totems during ult for extra damage or mana regen....

And 120% shared pain when ults active....my brother killed me with Rue since I had shared pain on me....I was oracle and 120% mortal strike, plus base maxed strength attack damage....ya...shaman lived long enough to get one throw that killed me and regened retreated, once, other 3 times it played out he died with me.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Well I did say ALMOST any way, which is true, but yeah a INt based one would be kinda pointless and wastefull your right.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Hmm, I played a lan and my friend was shammy, his brother was on the opposite team (angeline), he specd him for tanking mainly, had about 170armor and 3k hit points.
Since their team didn't have any tanks he was pretty much unkillable. We won, it was crazy, I think he died maybe twice, we all got to like lvl 60+. Anyway aero was no match against shammy, even with dispells.

think I was bane, got him to 7k hip points, It was awsome. we also had AM on our team, they also had INf and SB, I think.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Strychnyne »

Which template are you using? I'm in the middle of doing up one for the Mystic Swashbuckler, and the lack of cohesion between hero entries was bugging me. If you're already using one then I'll be more than happy to copy it, and if more people do, I'll go back and change the others already in place to one format.

Also, I find DS to be almost a given in any Creep game, more so now that Elreth has whipped up an almost unstoppable strategy for him.

EDIT: Just realized I can check your Dread Shaman page for the template. Very, very nice.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Strychnyne wrote:Which template are you using? I'm in the middle of doing up one for the Mystic Swashbuckler, and the lack of cohesion between hero entries was bugging me. If you're already using one then I'll be more than happy to copy it, and if more people do, I'll go back and change the others already in place to one format.

Also, I find DS to be almost a given in any Creep game, more so now that Elreth has whipped up an almost unstoppable strategy for him.

EDIT: Just realized I can check your Dread Shaman page for the template. Very, very nice.
Hmm, wondering why DS is a given for any creep game, granted, he is different and a good support/healer, but not sure if I find him the legue of 'a must have' hero like Alex or Neph. Give me your reasons plz, I'm just curious.

Also, wondering what you mainly spec MS for.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Strychnyne »

Well, play against Elreth and his Sludge strategy. It's AMAZING. As far as my puny brain can tell, there is no counter for it, though a DW with maxed out dispell comes close, but at a cost.

As for my Swashy, I go with varying degrees of my 100 Blades strategy, which I'm not sure is still around, so I might write up again. Usually I main Pilfer, then Dash and Keen Blade, depending on the situation. Items depend as well, though he is a very item heavy hero.

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#13 Post by aegir ravenking »

As I mentioned, I compiled all the data I had on the DS back in September in a rush of EotA games so some of it is fuzzy but.... I remember it being just about impossible to kill tank heroes unless I had his ult running or Shared Pain at level 5 or 6. Now don't get me wrong, I doubt more than one or two were an inhouses, but before then I practically never skilled Shared Pain as I prefer to do support.

While the DS can rather easily slay the more squishy heroes with his slows+attack that just don't work for say mid-late game Rune knight, Blazing Priest(not that he should try to fight a DS, but still usually a hard nut to crack), Or Sorrow Liege. Those tended to just let me swat them as swatted me till either l I had to retreat or got help.

Shared Pain really changes this around for the said Rune knight/Sorrow Liege. As there nukes + your attacks just crush them, sure you can't take more than one at a time, and you will need to recover after most fights, but you still either quickly force them to retreat, or get a kill when they over estimate their defenses.

My favorite recent game was against a melee damage Swachy. As long as I got him SPed before I was at half health, he was dead. After a while he tried an AMS pot, dropped a cleansing, reapplied SP, dead. Then with a change to resistance robes and a bunch of scrolls of negation the tide turned for awhile as I could only stand against him with Ancestoral Fury running. So I am rather sure the Ult bonus works with SP.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Chrona would have no problem against DS, I think.

You?

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by Soulbourne »

Slow, heal, nuke, if creeps around ult.....and pray the heal outlasts his SP...

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by A_New_Dawn »

If not, just pop another one, shes a tough girl remember? :D

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by Soulbourne »

Yes...going with my said tact, your ult would interfere, but you might be able to get in 1 more nuke I suppose...

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#18 Post by aegir ravenking »

With her heal she a bit harsher, but remember you have two dispels, and she melee so if her dispel on cooldown, then she would need to move to shut down a totem. I know the comps and newbs are suckers for shared pain with her, but I haven't ran into that many good players with her.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#19 Post by Soulbourne »

No clue what the second part of your sig is...

On topic, I primarily go for slow, heal, and one in dispel. Unless I have units with which to go ult on, I'm fairly useless ability wise....Unless I really buffed attack.

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#20 Post by aegir ravenking »

MoO?

And ya, uber spawn wars! Slowed sometimes healed united creeps vs high elves that sometimes get tossed around or slowed. I can't see the DS's creeps lossing unless you can remove the DS.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by Soulbourne »

Or if you can nullify the first regen when before it does much and somehow claim enough of an advantage before CD ends...If you can get all the units to surround/focus on DS, toss in an echo, you got lots of pain for him...hope your own heals outlast him though...

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Ha ha, yeah Chrona is deffinatley not a newbe hero, she tricky to play, but fun and nasty to face if put in good hands.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#23 Post by jamn455 »

Other than her healing and slowing powers, Chrona is basically useless against good players. Phase gives a good channeling stopper but echo is only good with a stun and a few shots, and degeneration is only good if you can get someone else to lane with you and stun. Even with this a good player will rarely get caught in degeneration for more than 3 seconds and you have to watch your "S" key to make sure you get the most out of it in these conditions.

Dread shaman is a beast. He is the only one that can dispel rune shell. He can see invisible, he can slow mass amounts of units in a very nice aoe, he can damage those units in a nice aoe, and he can mess up channeling all with one skill. His healing is second to none when it comes to creeps, though not as great when it comes to heroes, but every little bit helps with the cooldown it has. Granted shared pain isnt that great, but otherwise he is a great character in the right hands.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#24 Post by A_New_Dawn »

She owns Ascendant, If you haven't tried it yet, do on one of your internet games. Shes crazy, her ebb wipes Abberation, and because hes so slow she almost always get a full degen in. Unless of course they go AGi spec, but makes more sense to go STr. A flying Tank???!!!!

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#25 Post by jamn455 »

Hmm it is really hard to buy those consumables that are called Wand of Negation to take care of that.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips