Tehw00tz' guide to TIME CLERIC: BACK TO THE FUTURE

Post strategies and guides, and comment on those that others have written.

Moderator: Mills

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Tehw00tz' guide to TIME CLERIC: BACK TO THE FUTURE

#1 Post by Tehw00tz »

Chrona Timebender by Tehw00tz
Everything in italics are author's notes.
A little note to the reader, anywhere in the skill description you see a * that means that below said description there will be another * that is supposed to fill in where the * goes. I did this to conserve space, not to be lazy. The same applies for **'s and ***'s.

I. About Chrona
A. Stat Growth
II. Skills
B. Talents
III. Items
IV. Skill Build
V. Combos

I.About Chrona
Chrona has an AoE debuff, a hero disable, decent stats, and a heal. A good hero whether it be tanking, healing, single unit damage, or some AoE disabling.

A. Stat Growth
Strength| 20+ 1.95| Per level
Agility| 16+ 1.75| Per level
Intelligence| 19+ 1.85| Per level

II. Skills
(Q)Phase Temporarily removes a target from combat. Lasts 8 seconds.
Costs 80 mana
This can help teammates or disrupt enemies. Good for helping out a teammate who is in a friendly base that is being chased by an unrentlentless hero killer that won't give up, leaving that player with the decision to wait 8 seconds or leave the base. Against enemies it can be used to disrupt channeling. If an enemy hero is alone infront of a giant wave of creeps, you can use phase on him, making the creeps walk past him and within 8 seconds he will come back and be surrounded by even more creeps.

(W)Degeneration
Evocation
Costs 50/74/98/122/146/170 mana
Accumulates energy to be dealt to the target when the spell stops being channeled. Every second channeled adds * damage. All damage is dealt when casting stops as long as the target is still within range. Channels 6 seconds.
Level 1. *(16 + .2 x Int)
Level 2. *(28 + .29 x Int)
Level 3. *(40 + .38 x Int)
Level 4. *(52 + .47 x Int)
Level 5. *(64 + .56 x int)
Level 6. *(76 + .65 x Int)
Chrona's only damage spell, with the correct build, it can be devastating. Good to annoy channeling enemies with. A good situation to use it in is when a low health enemy is stuck in some creeps and there is no way for them to escape. If you do use it on an enemy with an escape route, you can press stop or use phase to release all the damage you've channeled. It is evocation, so its damage is increased by Felskin Gloves, Gloves of Evocation, and the Staff of Mana.

(C)Expire
Abjuration

Costs 80 mana
Removes all positive buffs from enemy units and negative buffs on allied units, giving a slowing attack for 3 seconds per buff removed.
Deals * damage to enemy summoned units.
Level 1. *220
Level 2. *345
Level 3. *470
Level 4. *495
Level 5. *720
Level 6. *845
Gives the Time Cleric a nice slowing attack that lasts 3 seconds on heroes, and 7 seconds on creeps, but it only lasts 3 seconds for every debuff expelled. Good for getting rid of buffs, debuffs, and summoned units. At later levels the cooldown is shorter and the speed reduction is greater. The slowing attack will show up as "Blade of Slowing" when succesfully obtained.

(R)Rapid Healing
Conjuration

Costs 55 mana
Heals a target friendly unit instantly for * hit points, and a further ** hit points over *** seconds.
Level 1. *(80 + 0.6 x Int) **100 ***6 seconds
Level 2. *(140 + 0.85 x Int) **180 ***8 seconds
Level 3. *(200 + 1.1 x Int) **260 ***10 seconds
Level 4. *(260 + 1.35 x Int) ** 340 ***12 seconds
Level 5. *(320 + 1.6 x Int) **420 ***14 seconds
Level 6. *(380 + 1.85 x Int) **500 ***16 seconds
This is what makes the Time Cleric a... Cleric. Her only healing spell, makes for some good initial healing and some over time healing. Low mana cost makes it reliable and spammable. Targets heroes only.

(E)Ebb
Costs 50/66/82/98/114/130 mana
Creates a pocket of slowed time, reducing the attack speed by * and movement speed by ** of enemy units in its area
Lasts (10 + 0.1 x Int)
Level 1. *20% **5%
Level 2. *30% **15%
Level 3. *40% **15%
Level 4. *50% **20%
Level 5. *60% **25%
Level 6. *70% **30%
Chrona's signature skill, in almost every game where she is used this skill will be there. At higher levels it is amazing when your back is up against a wall in your own base. Although it's duration is fairly short the cooldown is quick.

(T)Echo
Enchantment

Costs 270 mana
Repeats all damage done to the target at a rate of * of the original damage while Echo is being channeled.
Lasts ** seconds.
Level 1. *80% **6 seconds
Level 2. *100% **8 seconds
Level 3. *120% **10 seconds
Level 4. *140% **12 seconds
Good for getting rid of those hard to get rid of heroes. It's channeling so it can be interrupted, so it's a good idea to get a spell-immunity potion before casting this

Only Time Can Heal
This talent makes Ebb reduce healing effects on enemy units.
Level 1: 20% 16 crystal
Level 2: 40% 21 crystal
Level 3: 60% 26 crystal

Fazed
Nice pun by the way yak
Gives Phase a chance to stun as soon as the target leaves Phase
Level 1: 25% chance to be stunned for 2 seconds 15 crystal
Level 2: 50% chance to be stunned for 2 seconds 19 crystal
Level 3: 75% chance to be stunned for 2 seconds 23 crystal
Level 4: Stuns 100% of the time all the time for 2 seconds 27 crystal

III. Items
Artifact items are one of a kind and cannot be resold to any shop.

Talisman of the Sun, a great item for Chrona. Adds HP regeneration, extra stats, and an AoE buff. Costs 1000 gold.
A much sought after artifact in EotA. Used by many people, for it is well-rounded. The AoE buff was deeply nerfed in 1.11, but it is still useful.

Crystal Staff, a good item for increasing Evocation damage, the spell type that Degeneration is catagorized as. Adds extra mana to the hero's mana pool. The staff has the ability to create images of other heroes or creeps. Costs 1400 gold.
Allows your hero to make copies of heroes or creeps. The copies are weaker than the originals, but it can fool other players if you play the image like your actual hero and get the enemy hero lured into a trap. This one is expensive. With the new ultimate, I wouldn't recommend buying this unless you are planning to do massive damage with degeneration

Knight's Armor, adds meager strength bonus, but the armor addition is huge.
Good for any tanking build

Plate Helm, adds lots of armor and adds to your maximum HP.
It almost goes hand in hand with Knight's Armor, those two items at level 5 can make you almost unkillable.

Gloves of Evocation, adds evocation damage.
This is pretty good for making Degen's damage higher. Expensive for what it does, I would rather have the Crystal Staff.

Magician's Robes, adds intelligence and armor.
Intelligence for your spells, mana, and mana regeneration. Also not too expensive.

Intelligence ring, bought at the Ancient of Wonders. Increases intelligence, at full upgrade adds 30 intelligence. Rings are stackable.

Orb of the Magi, adds mana and increased mana regeneration.
Unlike other items I've listed, this one increases just your mana pool and mana regeneration. It's pretty cheap compared to other items and serves it's purpose.

Orb of Life, adds to your maximum HP and adds HP regeneration.
At level 5 this item makes you very hard to kill.

Potions, health and mana potions.
Good for any situation, whether it be running from the battle, or standing in the midst of the battle.

IV.Skill Builds
In EotA every odd level until level 21 you are awarded a skill point. After that it's every three levels until level 45. After that it's every five levels. The maximum level in EotA is 80. The items and crystal builds listed in this guide are not a have to get, it is suggested.

Build One
Main focus: Ebb and Rapid Heal
Echo: One level
Crystal points: Intelligence
Items: Magician's Robes, Orb of the Magi, any number of intelligence rings you find fit, and potions if you really need them.
Notes: I did say any number of intelligence rings you see fit, except you must remember that saving bases is much more worth your gold. So don't horde your gold, use it to hire mercenaries on lanes that need it.
1/7/11/17/21/26 Rapid Heal
3/6/11/16/21/26 Ebb
Talents: If you have extra crystal lying around one point into Only Time Can Heal
After leveling your skills as such, put a skill point into Echo and Expire. After that focus on Degeneration. And after that put it into whatever you see fit.

Build Two
Main Focus: Ebb and Degeneration
Echo: Level after Ebb and Degen are maxed out
Crystal Points: Intelligence
Items: Orb of Magi, Magician's Robe, Crystal Staff, rings (if you want), and potions(if you need them [No rapid heal to heal yourself])
Notes: Having Orb of Magi AND Crystal Staff really isn't needed, you'd have more mana than you know what do with, a quick pros/cons of that is as follows, PRO: Crystal Staff gives more mana and a boost to evocation damage. CON: Costs a lot of money and the Orb is cheaper.
1/7/11/17/21/26 Ebb
3/6/11/16/21/26 Degeneration
Talents: Fazed helps greatly with Degeneration, I recommend at least one or two points in it. If needed 1 or 2 points into Span works nicely to get those elusive heroes.
After leveling your skills like this go with whatever you think you/your team needs most, a dispel or a heal.

Build Three (The Wall)
Main focus: Ebb and Rapid Heal
Echo: Nope
Crystal points: Strength/Armor
Items: Knight's Armor, Orb of Life, Plate Helm, any amount of Warrior's Rings, and potions if you really need them.
Notes: I did say any number of Warrior's Rings you see fit, except you must remember that saving bases is much more worth your gold. So don't horde your gold, use it to hire mercenaries on lanes that need it.
3/6/11/16/21/26 Ebb
Talents: None
After leveling your skills as such, put skill points into Degeneration and Expire. After that, put points into Echo.

Build four (The fun one)
Main Focus: Degeneration and Rapid Heal.
Echo: Once at level 15 then again at level 29 then whenever you want.
Crystal Points: Intelligence, armor, or attack
Items: Crystal Staff, Gloves of Evocation, Intelligence rings, and Magician's Robes
Notes: This build is supposed to make you into a mean lean killing machine, Degeneration can become extremely powerful if built right. Coupled with Rapid Heal you can channel the spell then quickly heal yourself.
3/6/11/19/21/30 Degeneration
Talents: Fazed is a must for this build, I would recommend getting it leveled as far as possible. Once, that is fully leveled out getting Span would be a great idea.
Do whatever is needed in your team's situation to win, just because I said you can get the above items doesn't mean that you should buy them instead of getting mercenaries, but if you're destroying the other team, go ahead.

V.Combos
Echo+ Grandrune
Echo+ Vengeance
Echo+ [Infiltrator's] Mines
Echo+ Attack of Opportunity
Ebb+ Mass Haste
Ebb+ Ice Wall
Rapid Heal+ Ethrael Healing
Degeneration+ Hold Person
Degeneration+ Sigil of Stunning
Degeneration+ [Tactician's] Net

And for a limited time only since workers can use consumables, if you have some uber micro, you can use rockets from the goblin shop with degeneration for a pretty nasty combo.
Last edited by Tehw00tz on January 11th, 2009, 7:35 pm, edited 19 times in total.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

AzNShadowFury
Wanderer
Wanderer

#2 Post by AzNShadowFury »

combos ???

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

Re: [Contest] - Chrona Timebender, the Time Cleric.

#3 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Isn't Rapid Healing + Ethereal Healing overkill... hmm... overlife?

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#4 Post by Hammel »

Not needed, Ethereal Healing does enough oO. But yes, it stacks.

Try TC upping Tact Banners and AA's Mass Haste...

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Hammel wrote:Not needed, Ethereal Healing does enough oO. But yes, it stacks.

Try TC upping Tact Banners and AA's Mass Haste...
+ Flank and Amulet of the Sun ^_^

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#6 Post by Tehw00tz »

I know that it heals way too much, but most players would capitalize on Ethrael Healing and cast an offensive spell on the person that is supposed to be healed, rapid healing would negate that effect.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by Shadow.M4L »

You forgot the Net+Degen, combo.
Or Ebb+Net+Degen combo.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#8 Post by Tehw00tz »

I should probally just take out the Ethrael Healing combo out all together, seeing as how Yak said he was taking it out in a future version.
edit: I tried editting my guide to change some of the combos, but it says "Cannot determine the dimensions of the image"
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#9 Post by Hammel »

Just take out the [img] [/img]... then we've only got a link, but the editing works. Ran into the same problem with my guide...

Zcuron
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: Zcuron

Re: Chrona Timebender, the Time Cleric.

#10 Post by Zcuron »

Ever tried storm hammer+black dragons heart?

having 2 of those sentries and the dragon up, if someone tries to attack you just pop echo and target the hero w/ summons, it works pretty well imho :)

plus with the int and mana regen, you can just heal yourself constantly and use your disables, keeping you alive.

any thoughts about this?
~Errare humanum est~

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#11 Post by jamn455 »

This is quite an old post, and even though your tactic is nice, please make you own suggestions in your own topic.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Zcuron
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: Zcuron

#12 Post by Zcuron »

uh, sry then, just thought it fit in this post.

and it was near the top, so i just assumed it was still *alive* :(
~Errare humanum est~

PredatoryKnight
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: PredatoryKnight

#13 Post by PredatoryKnight »

You almost forgot my favorite function of phase,
Use it so that an ally can hurt a hero with his abilities, then give them time to recharge so they can do it again. Timebender is such a fun teamwork hero

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#14 Post by DarkNemesis »

I get the stun talent and go dmg for Cleric, of course droping an ebb so the hero deosnt escape. Works very well.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#15 Post by Tehw00tz »

Stop reviving old topics. This was written before talents were in the game so I didn't include them.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#16 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:Stop reviving old topics. This was written before talents were in the game so I didn't include them.
And who gave you jurisdiction to demand this?

Honestly, stop telling people what they can and can't do. You don't own the forums.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Mills
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by Mills »

DarkNemesis wrote:
Tehw00tz wrote:Stop reviving old topics. This was written before talents were in the game so I didn't include them.
And who gave you jurisdiction to demand this?

Honestly, stop telling people what they can and can't do. You don't own the forums.
It's common courtesy to not revive old topics, especially when the topic creator specifically asks you not to. Please, DarkNemsis, stop complaining and refrain from posting anything, especially in the Strategies and Guides section, unless you actually plan on being constructive and/or helpful.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#18 Post by Tehw00tz »

Since people still read these apparently, I added the talents and fixed some formatting/spelling errors.

High five.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#19 Post by Dekar »

Ebb is not an AoE disable, its a Debuff or Snare. :P
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#20 Post by Tehw00tz »

Dekar wrote:Ebb is not an AoE disable, its a Debuff or Snare. :P
I can't believe I called it an AoE disable. I have brought great shame to my family.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

Re: Tehw00tz' guide to TIME CLERIC: BACK TO THE FUTURE

#21 Post by Reaper »

combo - degen and flank, echo and flank, ebb and flank

basically flank
[Reaper]

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#22 Post by Perhaps »

Crystal Staff? If you're going to get any artifact for her, get Storm Hammer. Storm Hammer is only 100 gold more. It gives you int which gives you more healing, longer ebb duration, and more degeneration damage. Int also gives you mana and mana regeneration. Granted the result may be a little smaller, however it easily is made up for with Lightning Sentries. Lightning Sentries have a set range of 450, and start out with [19-23] damage for their first level at a somewhat insane attack speed, If you cast on the moment you cooldown, you can have 3 Sentries out at once which makes it essentially [57 - 69] damage ([38 - 46] damage with two out). Starting level of Image is 10% damage, which would be like 4-5 damage starting if made from Time Cleric with a not nearly as great attack speed, and at max level Image and high level Time Cleric the image would probably get to 25-50 damage, with probably still slower than Lightning Sentry attack speed. Even at max level Crystal Staff and high level hero, the Image's output damage still doesn't match the damage output of a Lightning Sentry.

Also, you forgot Echo + Hold, that combo hurts and incidentally the computers will use that combo if they're together.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#23 Post by Discombobulator »

Perhaps wrote:Crystal Staff? If you're going to get any artifact for her, get Storm Hammer. Storm Hammer is only 100 gold more. It gives you int which gives you more healing, longer ebb duration, and more degeneration damage. Int also gives you mana and mana regeneration. Granted the result may be a little smaller, however it easily is made up for with Lightning Sentries. Lightning Sentries have a set range of 450, and start out with [19-23] damage for their first level at a somewhat insane attack speed, If you cast on the moment you cooldown, you can have 3 Sentries out at once which makes it essentially [57 - 69] damage ([38 - 46] damage with two out). Starting level of Image is 10% damage, which would be like 4-5 damage starting if made from Time Cleric with a not nearly as great attack speed, and at max level Image and high level Time Cleric the image would probably get to 25-50 damage, with probably still slower than Lightning Sentry attack speed. Even at max level Crystal Staff and high level hero, the Image's output damage still doesn't match the damage output of a Lightning Sentry.

Also, you forgot Echo + Hold, that combo hurts and incidentally the computers will use that combo if they're together.
That's not what your mom said last night.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#24 Post by Setokaiva »

Sorry for thread necromancy... But I'm bored...

You forgot that Rapid Healing also increases the targets speed. I think it's just attack speed, though.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse

#25 Post by Tehw00tz »

Yeah it does, I have not updated this guide in a while and I probably won't update it ever.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP