Jamn455's Guide to Treant thats NUMBA 1 IN GREEN, Yggdrasil

Post strategies and guides, and comment on those that others have written.

Moderator: Mills

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Jamn455's Guide to Treant thats NUMBA 1 IN GREEN, Yggdrasil

#1 Post by jamn455 »

Jamn455’s Guide to Yggdrasil, The Elder Treant.

NOT FINISHED.

One of the least used heroes when it comes to EotA, Yggdrasil is one of the most underrated tanks, with his lack of spells that use the strength attribute. Even with that in consideration, he is one of the best heroes at killing structures. He can also be used as a great team player, by setting up taunting treants to help the creeps beat up on the units, and using grasping tree to stop enemy heroes in their tracks, giving his teammates enough time to group up and eliminate the enemy.

Pros:
- Can heal himself for about half of his max hit points at a low level.
- Doesn’t have many attribute dependent skills, so you don’t have to focus on one attribute all game.
- Fairly high base armor.
- Great holding skill to stop channeling spells, or stop a hero chasing after him.
- Can revive the majority of a push with Rebirth.

Cons:
- Is not a very good hero in one vs. one situations.
- Fairy Swarm can be very useless if you don’t know how to use it.
- Doesn’t have a very high mana pool at lower levels.

Elder Treant Skills:

Innate Ability:
Eat Tree(Shortcut Key(Q)):
Consumes a tree to restore 300 hit points over 10 seconds. Costs 60 Mana.
Very good skill as it is a nice heal at lower levels for only 60 mana.

Abilities:
Grasping Tree(Shortcut Key(W)): Grows a tree which entangles the enemy. Unit is released if tree is destroyed.
Conjuration
Level 1: Lasts 2 seconds. Deals (24 + 0.25xInt.) damage per second. Costs 50 Mana.
Level 2: Lasts 2.75 seconds. Deals (26 + 0.28xInt.) damage per second. Costs 65 Mana.
Level 3: Lasts 3.5 seconds. Deals (28 + 0.31xInt.) damage per second. Costs 80 Mana.
Level 4: Lasts 4.25 seconds. Deals (30 + 0.34xInt.) damage per second. Costs 95 Mana.
Level 5: Lasts 5 seconds. Deals (32 + 0.37xInt.) damage per second. Costs 110 Mana.
Level 6: Lasts 5.75 seconds. Deals (34 + 0.4xInt.) damage per second. Costs 125 Mana.

Great skill used for stopping enemy heroes in their tracks. Can be the difference between getting a hero kill or getting away from being killed. One of his best support abilities.

Taunting Treant(Shortcut Key(E)): Summons an immobile treant which taunts enemy units to attack it. Melee units take a percent of their damage each time they attack it.
Conjuration
Level 1: Returns 40% of melee attack damage. Has 400 hit points. Costs 25 Mana.
Level 2: Returns 50% of melee attack damage. Has 800 hit points. Costs 47 Mana.
Level 3: Returns 60% of melee attack damage. Has 1200 hit points. Costs 69 Mana.
Level 4: Returns 70% of melee attack damage. Has 1600 hit points. Costs 91 Mana.
Level 5: Returns 79% of melee attack damage. Has 2000 hit points. Costs 113 Mana.
Level 6: Returns 90% of melee attack damage. Has 2400 hit points. Costs 135 Mana.

Skill that helps allied creep units kill the enemy creep units by being a tank and dealing damage to enemy melee units.

Rebirth(Shortcut Key(R)): When a unit dies under the effects of rebirth, it will be revived after a short time.
Necromancy
Level 1: Units revive with 25% of maximum health and no mana. Lasts 15 seconds on units, and 8 seconds on heroes. Costs 40 Mana.
Level 2: Units revive with 30% of maximum health and no mana. Lasts 19 seconds on units, and 11 seconds on heroes. Costs 54 Mana.
Level 3: Units revive with 35% of maximum health and no mana. Lasts 23 seconds on units, and 14 seconds on heroes. Costs 68 Mana.
Level 4: Units revive with 40% of maximum health and no mana. Lasts 27 seconds on units, and 17 seconds on heroes. Costs 82 Mana.
Level 5: Units revive with 45% of maximum health and no mana. Lasts 31 seconds on units, and 20 seconds on heroes. Costs 96 Mana.
Level 6: Units revive with 50% of maximum health and no mana. Lasts 35 seconds on units, and 23 seconds on heroes. Costs 110 Mana.

This skill is the difference between a dead push and a surprise to the enemy as units randomly revive and join the battle once again.

Nature’s Balance
(Shortcut Key(C)): Dispels negative buffs from friendly units, and positive buffs from enemy units in an area. For each buff removed, a Young Pixie is born that deals damage.
Abjuration
Level 1: Deals 215 damage to summoned units. Costs 70 Mana.
Level 2: Deals 325 damage to summoned units. Costs 70 Mana.
Level 3: Deals 435 damage to summoned units. Costs 70 Mana.
Level 4: Deals 545 damage to summoned units. Costs 70 Mana.
Level 5: Deals 655 damage to summoned units. Costs 70 Mana.
Level 6: Deals 765 damage to summoned units. Costs 70 Mana.

One of the only dispels on the United Creep side. Can summon pixies to deal small damage to enemy units as well as getting rid of summoned units.

Ultimate Ability:
Pixie Swarm(Shortcut Key(T)): Creates a swarm of angry pixies that attack nearby enemy units and structures. The Pixies attack once every second.
Conjuration
Level 1: Costs 150 Mana. Each Pixie deals 33-38 damage.
Level 2: Costs 200 Mana. Each Pixie deals 45-54 damage.
Level 3: Costs 250 Mana. Each Pixie deals 57-68 damage.
Level 4: Costs 250 Mana. Each Pixie deals 69-80 damage.

Elder Treant's Ultimate spell which gives him many pixies to help him kill nearby units and structures at the same time. Good if you need to do some quick damage with a small push and it frees your allied creeps up by killing enemy units that they are attacking.

Hero Builds

Build 1: The Common Balance Build

The first two skills you should bother putting all of your skill points is Grasping Tree and Taunting Treant. These two skills give you the ability to stop incoming hero attacks, and damage them while they do so, as well as help your allied units by placing a tank that takes much of the damage.

Levels 1,7,11,17,21,and 26 are the levels that you should take Taunting Treant.

Levels 3,6,11,16,21,26 are levels that you should take Grasping Tree.
And every other stat point you get during that time that doesn't go towards those skills should go to Pixie Swarm.

After getting those moves, I would say that Nature's Balance would be the best choice to take because more often than not, you will have a hero that you will need a dispel for. If this is a case that doesn't require a dispel, go for Rebirth.
Last edited by jamn455 on January 11th, 2009, 7:38 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#2 Post by Hammel »

While the color concept is a nice idea, it makes it a pain to read... just my 2 cents...

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#3 Post by jamn455 »

I know I had a good color concept drawn up on Word but the same colors dont apply here.

Edit: Changed color scheme to make it easier on the eyes.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Nor
Wanderer
Wanderer

#4 Post by Nor »

Do you really need 7 different colours, though? Why not, like, 2, or 3? Or one?

Lots of different colours is like lots of different fonts. Makes it annoying to read.

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#5 Post by Hammel »

I use the purple/dark color scheme and I still dont see a thing Oo. W/e, go ahead...

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by mianmian »

You got his name wrong, its Fugly ~~
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

mianmian wrote:You got his name wrong, its Fugly ~~
Agreed.

Also, jamn, I'd make a note somewhere about when Nature's Balance is particularly useful (i.e., against which heroes/spells its usefulness is increased hugely)

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#8 Post by jamn455 »

Do you see the giant black letters at the top that say NOT FINISHED?
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

Re: Jamn455's Guide to Yggdrasil, The Elder Treant.

#9 Post by Seig_2 »

hmm, like ur little outline thing for ygg, ur right too, hes not played very much but can own if specd right. how do u spec him?
heres what i do,

orb of battle
guilding gloves
ex hood
3 warrior's rings
utls i go,

talisman, dragon's heart, orb of fury.
lol, i got treant to crit for +800, crzy owange.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#10 Post by jamn455 »

I don't buy stat boosting items, because they are overrated half the time.

If I do buy stuff for him,
Knights armor
Plate Mail,
4 Warriors Rings
Line 'em up.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#11 Post by mianmian »

Buying stat items with fugly is something a waste I think at least.

Money should be used (once again in my opinion) on buying Serpent Wards and Summons (Water ELementals, Slimes) and the occasional healing/mana regen pot (OOC HoT/MoT ones, their way better for the price). With taunting treants you can control a lane (preferable the one with the opposing teams base beside a Goblin shop) and out level everyone else on the map by a crap load.

You can even do this against multiple heroes (harder but possible).

I would also like to say that Reincarnate is a pretty sick skill on a big push and dispel is probably the most useful skill Fugly has when facing certain heroes.
-Lithium flower

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#12 Post by DarkNemesis »

mianmian wrote:Buying stat items with fugly is something a waste I think at least.

Money should be used (once again in my opinion) on buying Serpent Wards and Summons (Water ELementals, Slimes) and the occasional healing/mana regen pot (OOC HoT/MoT ones, their way better for the price). With taunting treants you can control a lane (preferable the one with the opposing teams base beside a Goblin shop) and out level everyone else on the map by a crap load.

I would also like to say that Reincarnate is a pretty sick skill on a big push and dispel is probably the most useful skill Fugly has when facing certain heroes.
Reincarnate is rather useless imo. It works alright, I guess. But can be very annoying. His dispell is nothing special, just a dispell. Emberwraith, Oricle, and Dryad have way superior dispells.

While I mostly agree that whoring items can ruin a game, only buying consumables can be just as bad, since your hero with then be largely inferior in stats and spell dmg. Permanents help EVERY hero in some way. And treant is no exception. With stacked damage, hes a monster to be reckoned with. Added damage is, imo, a must-have for treant. Even just say, the hood.

P.S. Jamn, don't even think about attacking this post.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#13 Post by Tehw00tz »

You may want to fix the way you spelled "Oracle" then.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by mianmian »

DarkNemesis wrote:
mianmian wrote:Buying stat items with fugly is something a waste I think at least.

Reincarnate is rather useless imo. It works alright, I guess. But can be very annoying. His dispell is nothing special, just a dispell. Emberwraith, Oricle, and Dryad have way superior dispells.

While I mostly agree that whoring items can ruin a game, only buying consumables can be just as bad, since your hero with then be largely inferior in stats and spell dmg. Permanents help EVERY hero in some way. And treant is no exception. With stacked damage, hes a monster to be reckoned with. Added damage is, imo, a must-have for treant. Even just say, the hood.

P.S. Jamn, don't even think about attacking this post.
Reincarnate can break a push when it would fail. This is much more useful then immobilizing a hero. I don't get max points in it, but its incredibly power.

I'm not saying his dispel is awsome, I'm saying having Dispel as a skill is incredibly good against certain heroes. In certain situations its easily his best skill. *Always* get at least 1 point, no matter what.

Permanent items are actually very cost inneffective. They won't make a huge difference unless its someone who has six +5 items for a single nuking stat. Otherwise it really isn't worth it. Yes damage is nice, but Fugly isn't a pure PK hero, he can PK but hes is the creeps best Pusher and a really good assist. Using him to satisfy a PK craving is a waste of potential, pushing with him is by far a much better tactical move.

Also when you out level every hero on the map by 10 levels the difference between permanent items and consumables is even smaller. Consumables let you earn more XP by letting you stay out on the front lines longer.
-Lithium flower

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by DarkNemesis »

Tehw00tz wrote:You may want to fix the way you spelled "Oracle" then.
What were you saying about derailing threads???

I'll leave it, thank you though. :wink:
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#16 Post by Tehw00tz »

You're derailing this thread by responding to me.

Yggdrasil.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#17 Post by jamn455 »

This guide will be edited later. Some of the items on it are outdated, and will change when I get to it.
Line 'em up.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by DarnYak »

I don't see talents either, slacker.

DarnYak

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#19 Post by jamn455 »

Look at the date.

Oh, and how about EotA being made, slacker.

I will add talents when they are in and not broken.
Line 'em up.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by DarnYak »

i'm not aware of more then a few talents being broken, none of them this hero.

DarnYak

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#21 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:This guide will be edited later. Some of the items on it are outdated, and will change when I get to it.
Plus you have some guide "errors". Such as saying eat tree heals for almost have hp. Yeah right, 300?

This, of course is more realistic for today, with the talent adding an additional 200, but still inaccurate.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#22 Post by jamn455 »

First of all, it says heals for about half hp AT A LOW LEVEL.

Second, I said that it is outdated, thus it does not have talents like every other guide that was posted during the guide contest.

Third, Read my posts at least twice before flaming them.

Don't troll this post DarkNemesis.
Line 'em up.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#23 Post by mianmian »

As far as I can tell none of Fuglies talents are any good aka worth buying. Cannabalism is a waste, by mid game you never use eat tree, and with the tree bug its even less useful.

The damage shield on taunting treants is the best talent, worth buying once extra skillpoints gett o be around 50-60 crystal, if you want. But you can go without quite easily. The exploding treant is just bad, and I don't even think it works. It would be better if it scaled somehow.

Cystal usage should always be spent on extra skill points, just a few then after that just upgrading stats. Never use generators since unused energy gives you a XP boost so you can level even faster.
-Lithium flower

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#24 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:First of all, it says heals for about half hp AT A LOW LEVEL.

Second, I said that it is outdated, thus it does not have talents like every other guide that was posted during the guide contest.

Third, Read my posts at least twice before flaming them.

Don't troll this post DarkNemesis.
Lol, now he calls it flaming.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#25 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:Look at the date.

Oh, and how about EotA being made, slacker.

I will add talents when they are in and not broken.
None of his talents are broken. Like Yak said.