Replays

Post strategies and guides, and comment on those that others have written.

Moderator: Mills

Mills
Addict
Addict

Replays

#1 Post by Mills »

This thread is obviously for replays if you couldn't figure that out. If you have one that you think is worth posting, please post it with some information about it.

Now to start things off...

5v5 at Stormwail Peak (1.11)

Grim Brigade: Mills (Emberwraith), Ion_Killer (Martyr), BLUEPOWERVAN (Incarnation), Sierrabind (Nephilim), and Starwind (Ascendant)

Versus

High Elf: Therivox (Rune Knight), Strychnyne (Divine Wizard), Nick.Scryer (Arcane Archer), Tehw00tz (Blazing Priest), and Laser_Wolf (Tactician)

Summary: The High Elves rushed bottom and managed to take down our base in I would say 5 minutes, but was countered by 5 cores placed at bottom by the Grim Brigade. Afterwards Grim Brigade grasps hold of the game with a +2 obelisk advantage, and the game ends with a attempted push by the High Elves in the middle. Strychnyne has to leave and his team shortly surrenders afterward.

Edit: Also added a replay of a 1.12c2 IH (May 26th, 2009)
Attachments
2007-06-20 12_06_53 AM .w3g
(255.48 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
EotA IH 1.12c2.w3g
(496.23 KiB) Downloaded 479 times

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#2 Post by Hammel »

Umm... I dont know whether it was me or them, but somehow I owned the game with Neph...

UD:

Shadow.M4l - Ember
Me - Neph
Plight
Rue

Elves:

Just(me) - AA
Zed. / JackofBlades - Tact
Swash
TC

Btw, 375 dmg Retaliate (melee counter attacks) are... sick... GG Swash, GG Infil, GG Fenny... apart from the other shitload of spells I had...

(Ohh, I even died once... or twice... shame on me)
Attachments
Ham_Neph_Shad_Ember_Jack_Tact_just_AA.w3g
(605.04 KiB) Downloaded 445 times

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#3 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

The subject of this replay is simply, how to lose stormwail in spite of a 5-4 obelisk advantage all game.

To do my part I fed all game with martyr! Pandas pwned me and I cried.
Attachments
2007-06-25 10_56_10 PM .w3g
(437.26 KiB) Downloaded 486 times

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

Lol, so a whopping 1 downloads of my last replay... well that's ok I guess.

This game was really interesting for me, I think it'd serve as an interesting display of towering and countering towering.

Players: myself as sorrow liege, corp.shephard as oracle, "newb" zylock as feeding martyr, warek as lich, xaturo as ascendant

VERSUS

wraike as acid reaver, meckross as ice spinner, derdek as scarab, and tp-master as gravel, krazy-beotch as dryad

Short synopsis: game starts off with some impressive feeding and newbish play on our side as only myself and shephard deploy their initial obelisks. However, we quickly move it up to 20 control average, as we expand sometimes into lower mid, and sometimes into the first mid tower. The enemy seems to be focussing on top lane and I chuckle.

The game quickly moves into a rocky mid term for us, as dryad, bane and the occaisional friend put the stomp down repeatedly on an aggressive yours truly playing rue, as I try to defed lower mid in vane. They take lower mid and defend their obelisk with aegis tower

I swap to upper mid lane, hoping to secure a countering obelisk there, sometimes bouncing mid to defend (or attempt) to defend our mid obelisk. However, mid upper mid obelisks are shortlived, and the mid goes down as well. I'm pretty depressed as I notice they have not only taken their mid obelisk, but added standard towers to it as well.

Some newb has been wasting my precious spawn towers on upper lane's forward base... I shore up upper mid and lower mid with what troops I can, and try to push upper mid down. I was almost hopeless in this I figured last attempt, until I looked down at lower mid, to see that low and behold, corp.shephard has put up generators accross the river from the enemies OBELISK + 2 AEGIS TOWERS AND 1 SPLASH TOWER.

In good spirits, I knock the hell out of the upper mid towers, the majority of my money and crystal being spent on strength pays off handsomely as I fend off upper mid defenders. I leave the base proper, knowing it is doomed to my superior spawn troops, and focus mid.

Midfield, I have setup my own siege generator, which is destroying their tower outpost located in their side of mid, whenever it has vision. I add some spawn towers to mid, move there and succeed in pushing it down.

The rest of the game turns out pretty interesting, we win an obelisk vicotyr, but might have lost otherwise ( meckross had destroyed our bottom, and was training spawn waves onto base after base. )

Newb feeding, and newb top tower placement ( all 5?6? forward spawn towers he built were destroyed by spider ult. ) marred an otherwise excellent game.
Attachments
2007-07-06 2_12_22 AM .w3g
good game people
(559.88 KiB) Downloaded 442 times

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

Re: Replays

#5 Post by Hammel »

Guess it is best to post this replay here...

People say, when you lose a base, the game is over. We lost a base... top... We continued. We lost another base, mid (!!). We continued. We were down 1 or 2 obs... we continued.

Then I started ob-raping... when all the obs were gone (but their safe rock one), I started base-raping, always jumping between Inn and Bottom Outposts... finally we had 30% control, and the only noticable enemy player left.

Why I post this replay?
It shows how powerful obs/cores are (ours were waisted at the beginning, and that's why we lost mid so easily)
It shows that a comeback is possible
It shows the new Flank isnt useless (as Sparda said), it just owns...
And it fucken shows you can break the fucken snowball effect, for heavens sake.

Btw, Brown, although a downloader, although a pubbie, although getting "farmed", although losing, stayed to the end... Congratulations, whoever you may have been.
Attachments
Obs_tact_comeback.w3g
(520 KiB) Downloaded 453 times

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#6 Post by Perhaps »

Team 1:
RectalReaver (myself), Something (LegoPenHis), Glortext, and two randoms.

Team 2:
Dekar, Soulbourne, Meckross, and two randoms.

Team 1 wins.

Someone can do a summary if they like, because I don't feel like doing one.

Ion
Communist

#7 Post by Ion »

Was that me or Cross 0_o. I don't remember this one..
Ion.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Strychnyne »

Now, I know there is an overflowing community here, just CLAMOURING for replays from todays up and coming players, as well as the seasoned pros. Well look no farther! This here is an almost TWO HOUR (!) replay of a 4v4 game between Strychnyne, Ion, Elreth, and his bro Holly, though under different names. It's set on Stormwail, with heroes getting to level 60 and higher! While the two pubs on one team left early so it was just these four and one last pub, it is a great example of how EotA can be played. Follow either Graced.Cell (Strych), Moobles (Ion), Elreth, or Hollyboatman to see how each hero is played to their strengths. There are some amazing kills, amazing escapes, and use of almost every option possible on this immense map. This is how EotA SHOULD be played. ('cause I won =O)

Watch Moobles save his over run bases with a single spell! Watch Elreth drop heroes where no hero should ever go! Watch Graced.Cell mercilessly slaughter mercenary heroes! Watch Holly get hunted down over and over again! No seriously, he takes middle by himself. See how a game should start, how important obelisks are, how consumables should be used, how the VERY PARADIGMS OF WHAT YOU THOUGHT EOTA WAS ARE SHATTERED IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES!
Attachments
Epic 146min Ian, Midas, Dave, Alex, Cri.w3g
YOUR VERY EYES!
(593.27 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
Last edited by Strychnyne on March 30th, 2008, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#9 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

With a salespitch like that, how can I resist?
Backwards E's are badass

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Strychnyne »

Simple answer: You can't!

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#11 Post by Soulbourne »

I still haven't found reign of chaos disc to load on my laptop with....Otherwise I'd watch....
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Laser_Wolf
Regular
Regular
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#12 Post by Laser_Wolf »

This replay sounds EPIC! I'll put it on my todo list.
I go by the name of Lazar_Wolf.
I am not a tailor.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by Strychnyne »

Just remember: Any and all replays that are saved that proove Elreth actually CAN lose MUST be deleted and the hard drives that held them must be burned.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#14 Post by Soulbourne »

That's why you have back ups on discs....
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Glortex
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Glortex

#15 Post by Glortex »

I didn't know that I was some form of text...

I will watch the replay right now!

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#16 Post by DarkNemesis »

If anyone has any recent replays love to see em!

provided they are good ones.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#17 Post by Kalrithus »

Here's one. 5v5 on Stormwail
Blue Team
Roflfax <--- Me
Dr.noworrieS
3 random pubbies 2 at least had no clue how to play.
1 left early
Red Team
Couple loaders
Couple noobs
Summary
I roll Gravel for the first time in awhile and hold mid top lane, while Dr. who randoms Emberwraith mass merc pushes bottom and rapes it early, Then comes up to my lane and we with it out. Begin to start building an army of summoned units. then go around wiping out bases with HotM supped up creeps and shardlings. People leave my creeps get a crapton of Hero kills for me and we easily roflstomp over their bases.
Attachments
Gravel Test.w3g
(391.75 KiB) Downloaded 427 times

noworries
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: dr.noworrieS

#18 Post by noworries »

that rofl guy. he just steals ideas. quietus army, don't ask don't tell.

and damn that dr.noworries guy is good.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#19 Post by DarkNemesis »

That game sucked. I guess it was the UD team more than anything :roll:

I like how you wrecked bottom within the first ten minutes, lol
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by DarnYak »

Not enough replays get posted so here's one. Pretty balanced game, though we'd loose but managed to come back. Ion was failing as inf. Not sure this game is a good example of anything but I think we had fun all around.

DarnYak
Attachments
Fun Inhouse.w3g
(735.68 KiB) Downloaded 429 times

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#21 Post by Luftwaffles »

Not that fun. I don't think I've had a game as bad as that in more then a year.
- Luftwaffles

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#22 Post by DarkNemesis »

Watched the replay, looked to be fairly balanced overall. Though the mass shardlings strategy is still a difficulty. Not a bad game, the duel between Yak (IS) and Aero was rather amusing.
Ion was failing as inf
Agreed.

I think he may have got to lvl 32, while most others were approaching 50. I want to know wth he was doing the entire game.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#23 Post by Dekar »

He propably tried to be a good Int and did not stay on his lane for the whole game.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#24 Post by Luftwaffles »

Agreed.

I think he may have got to lvl 32, while most others were approaching 50. I want to know wth he was doing the entire game.
I'll accept criticism from anyone on the forum happily but you, since you don't even fucking play the game. And when you did, you didn't get Fam on AA.

*facepalm*
- Luftwaffles

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#25 Post by Discombobulator »

Luftwaffles wrote:
Agreed.

I'll accept criticism from anyone on the forum happily but you, since you don't even fucking play the game. And when you did, you didn't get Fam on AA.

*facepalm*
Hey, haste + healing is a completely viable support build.
I'm this forum's MVP.