Shammy

Post strategies and guides, and comment on those that others have written.

Moderator: Mills

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Shammy

#1 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

How do you build him?

Being quite experienced with this hero, my strategy is bascially the same everytime. Shoot for maxing expunge and totems, with extra points into heal and ult whenever possible. Crystal goes into elemental binding (usually don't bother with bounce attack unless I have large amounts of crystal laying around), then massive attack dmg build all the way. Usually aim for 3-5 points into attack. The rest into agility. Gear wise can vary slightly, but generally: attack orb, blink totem, agi gloves, grab dmg helmet or agi helmet instead of leather for armor/extra dmg. May buy dragon's on occasion or even sun talisman.

Note: although the blink totem is very helpful for extra dps, have found it to be a 0 upgrade wonder. The fulte I suppose would be great too for chasing down enemy heroes, if you got the cash. Again, in that regard, another 0 upgrade wonder...

Attached is a single game replay for anyone who's bored or interested, or both.

Just some pregame info:

1v8, lvl 54, 54 kills. Gear: +5 totem, +5 agi gloves, +5 attack orb, and +5 agi helm. I realize this is a little exaggerated :|

Have also heard mention of a hybrid tank version shammy. This of course would include putting points into heal and pain. I've even seen a couple of these on bnets. Seems to work well. Just another way to play him....

Your Strategies?
Attachments
Shammy Rape.w3g
(342.37 KiB) Downloaded 440 times

America!

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Re: Shammy

#2 Post by Luftwaffles »

Try playing real people.
- Luftwaffles

Teh_w00tz
Wanderer
Wanderer

#3 Post by Teh_w00tz »

Obviously the NPC heroes need to be fixed.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#4 Post by jamn455 »

Why is that w00tz?
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Teh_w00tz
Wanderer
Wanderer

#5 Post by Teh_w00tz »

Because even Dark_Nemesis can beat them.

DiscombobuIator
Visitor
Visitor

#6 Post by DiscombobuIator »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:How do you build him?

Being quite experienced with this hero, my strategy is bascially the same everytime. Shoot for maxing expunge and totems, with extra points into heal and ult whenever possible. Crystal goes into elemental binding (usually don't bother with bounce attack unless I have large amounts of crystal laying around), then massive attack dmg build all the way. Usually aim for 3-5 points into attack. The rest into agility. Gear wise can vary slightly, but generally: attack orb, blink totem, agi gloves, grab dmg helmet or agi helmet instead of leather for armor/extra dmg. May buy dragon's on occasion or even sun talisman.

Note: although the blink totem is very helpful for extra dps, have found it to be a 0 upgrade wonder. The fulte I suppose would be great too for chasing down enemy heroes, if you got the cash. Again, in that regard, another 0 upgrade wonder...

Attached is a single game replay for anyone who's bored or interested, or both.

Just some pregame info:

1v8, lvl 54, 54 kills. Gear: +5 totem, +5 agi gloves, +5 attack orb, and +5 agi helm. I realize this is a little exaggerated :|

Have also heard mention of a hybrid tank version shammy. This of course would include putting points into heal and pain. I've even seen a couple of these on bnets. Seems to work well. Just another way to play him....

Your Strategies?
EotA isn't a single player game, there's really no point in discussing single player strategies.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

It can be if you haven't noticed. And the replay was just to give anyone who was curious a good idea how to own madly. I don't know about you, but I like to here different playstyles/builds.

In an extreme effort to reason with you, may I venture to ask how you build/play shammy?

America!

DiscombobuIator
Visitor
Visitor

#8 Post by DiscombobuIator »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:It can be if you haven't noticed. And the replay was just to give anyone who was curious a good idea how to own madly. I don't know about you, but I like to here different playstyles/builds.

In an extreme effort to reason with you, may I venture to ask how you build/play shammy?
So, in one sentence, it can be summarized as "play versus AI players".

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Hardly so.

More of an unofficial strat guide with a replay. :wink:

America!

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#10 Post by jamn455 »

I can beat the AI while getting tons of hero kills with a teams worth of gold income as well. Oh and nice job buying mercs against the AI knowing that they won't counter merc. You are so good dude, I envy your skills at this game.
Line 'em up.
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#11 Post by Tehw00tz »

jamn455 wrote:Oh and nice job buying mercs against the AI knowing that they won't counter merc.

I doubt he knew this.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#12 Post by Luftwaffles »

Hardly so.
More of an unofficial strat guide with a replay.
The AI is broke. If you want to talk Shaman strategies, talk about them in the context of PvP not Pv(stupid AI). If not, this thread has no purpose.
- Luftwaffles

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#13 Post by Dekar »

Sell all items and buy every available merc + Arthas.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#14 Post by Tehw00tz »

EARTH, WIND, AND FIRE

HEAR MY CALL
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#15 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I can beat the AI while getting tons of hero kills with a teams worth of gold income as well. Oh and nice job buying mercs against the AI knowing that they won't counter merc. You are so good dude, I envy your skills at this game.
What the hell are you talking about?

America!

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#16 Post by Luftwaffles »

That translates to anyone who thinks beating the AI is remotely like beating humans is an idiot who doesn't play people enough (i.e you).
- Luftwaffles

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Haha, and where did I say that? Please qoute it. No wait, you can't because I never said that!

Good job on completely failing to read my posts.

America!

Luftwaffles
Communist
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#18 Post by Luftwaffles »

...You started a thread on how to build the Dread Shaman. You gave us a replay of you playing a bunch of comps, and then you act like we can really have an objective discussion on this just concerning AI. If you want to actually talk about the Dread Shaman and how to build his skills, try playing real people, which was incidentally my first suggestion when I saw this pos. If you meant to talk about real people, how bout posting a relevant replay where you don't play AI, and you actually play real people.

This thread might've actually been interesting if you weren't such a fucking dipshit.
- Luftwaffles

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#19 Post by Reaper »

actually it could be less interesting that way
[Reaper]

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#20 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

How the hell would his skill build change based on who I play? Aka AI or on Bnet?

AND STOP FUCKING SAY PLAY REAL PEOPLE, I PLAY THEM ALL THE TIME. Seriously Ion, I play more real games then you ever will. How many bnets do you do a year, five, seven?

And half of your bnets are filled with noobs that don't know what the hell they are doing. In my LANS, every person is knows what they are doing. No, not all are pro, but at least they have a good idea, which is far more than I can say for your so called, imba pro bnets. So don't even fucking tell me how to play EotA, I remember your Inf skills, they are beyond horrible.

You ever get that mouse btw? Curious.

Oh yeah, I'll send the replay of you as inf to my LAN EotA buddies, they'll get a big lol out of it I'm sure. Cheers.

And I do play bnets btw, funny though, I never see you Ion, which has me wondering....

America!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#21 Post by Dekar »

Why dont you post a replay, where you play shaman against your friends then?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#22 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Yes, I'll do that so you can troll me then too.

Seriously though, I'll try and remember to.

America!

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#23 Post by jamn455 »

What in the hell are you guys talking about, his first replay was between him and his friends.
Line 'em up.

DiscombobuIator
Visitor
Visitor

#24 Post by DiscombobuIator »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:How the hell would his skill build change based on who I play? Aka AI or on Bnet?

AND STOP FUCKING SAY PLAY REAL PEOPLE, I PLAY THEM ALL THE TIME. Seriously Ion, I play more real games then you ever will. How many bnets do you do a year, five, seven?

And half of your bnets are filled with noobs that don't know what the hell they are doing. In my LANS, every person is knows what they are doing. No, not all are pro, but at least they have a good idea, which is far more than I can say for your so called, imba pro bnets. So don't even fucking tell me how to play EotA, I remember your Inf skills, they are beyond horrible.

You ever get that mouse btw? Curious.

Oh yeah, I'll send the replay of you as inf to my LAN EotA buddies, they'll get a big lol out of it I'm sure. Cheers.

And I do play bnets btw, funny though, I never see you Ion, which has me wondering....
And somehow, you just seem to forget to save the replay of every single game you play in LAN?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#25 Post by DarnYak »

When I first saw this thread, I had a slight hope it would go beyond flaming and discuss viable shaman strats instead. You guys dissapoint me.

DarnYak