Tactician

Post strategies and guides, and comment on those that others have written.

Moderator: Mills

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

Tactician

#1 Post by Discombobulator »

How do you build her?

I've only played her like 3 times now, going for max banner and great bow, with a pinch of flank and ensnare, and of course the ultimate.

Sadly, as my teams are mostly full of retards who don't like to defend bases, I haven't really had the chance to get items. Theoretically, probably the best thing to mass is attack speed, right?
Last edited by Discombobulator on June 23rd, 2009, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Re: Tactitian

#2 Post by Luftwaffles »

Getting Flank is extremely useful for taking out wilderobs or sniping obs behind pushes.
- Luftwaffles

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: Tactician

#3 Post by DarkNemesis »

To be honest, I don't play her much, but have found Great Bow and Banner maxed to very effective. If heavy pushing/troop support is your game, I'd shoot for maxing Flank and Banner (and of course, ultimate). Having 12 hunters running around attacking things is quite scary.
Theoretically, probably the best thing to mass is attack speed, right?
Meh, I usually go for a handfull of those Warrior's Rings, the Armor+STR+Attack allows for a hybrid DPS/Tank as well as adding some extra goodies to impaling shot and Great Bow. But if your wanting AS, I suppose the Zephyr Totem is good (on a bunch of heros) but not nessesary. My 2 cents.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#4 Post by Discombobulator »

I found flank to work surprisingly well vs low hp heroes, with a bit of micro, but vs obs it's eclipsed by the book of the dead thingy you can get for 300.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Strychnyne »

Max Flank and Banner, plus Flank talents, plus Talisman of the Sun equals a portable army. Take a hit to Banner for some Ensnare and you can hunt heroes wonderfully. She's like IS: pretty much anything you get for her will be good.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#6 Post by Setokaiva »

Flank has one very big weakness in it though; you have to wait a while for the skirmishers to form up around her. The upside is that they can phase through stuff while invisible, as can the Tactician, and if your good you can surround an enemy hero with them. They are quick moving and have hero damage with a bounce attack.

I can see how it would be good for taking down Obelisks. You'd need to go at it multiple times though.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#7 Post by Reaper »

Flank is good but if the other team is anything smart they will dust when you're phasing through their large army, which doesn't usually end well
[Reaper]

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#8 Post by DarkNemesis »

After doing several tests (as I, along with Dsicombobulator, haven't played Tact extensively) I have come to the conclusion that maxing Flank and Banner is the way to go. Also, Nets and Great Bow are one point wonders. Ult I forgo unless I am playing a heavy troop support style.

The Talisman of the Sun is hugely powerful on Tact, as is the Blink Totem. This, combined with some Warrior's Rings make for a nasty PK'er. Plus she can take a few hits as well. :wink:

Talents go into Valiant Stand and Endurance Training. Crystal goes into Attack and Str, Agi if you've got extra laying around.

My take.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#9 Post by Dekar »

Flank, Promote and Banner in AP where you are not elves is quite a killer, because you can create a fucking huge self sustaining force out of nothing and buff it.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer