Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Garg Balance

#1 Post by Dekar »

Stonegaze/Abonimation/Terrasmash build with
1) mana regen
2) attackspeed items ( Note to self: try the Artefact )
3) STR items

Stonegaze enemy waves, micro to kill 4+ units from level 1, granting you easy gold and incredible pushing power.
Stonegaze enemy heroes, attack for massive damage. Retreat behind your units or use terrasmash to finish the hero off if they are low enough.
Spam Innate for escape routes / additional damage / additional meatshield.
Abo units because giant bears are fun! Also meatshield and some damage.

Enemies cant get past Abos very fast, Stonegaze destroys waves and severly cripples T1+2 mercs and deals incredible damage to heroes without any real investment.
This leads to pretty strong laning powers from level 1 ( especially level 1 due to the instantkill ).

= Stonegaze should be nerfed! The instantkill is too strong, same goes for %hp based damage combined with Terrasmash.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Sully24

Re: Garg Balance

#2 Post by SuIIy »

and deals incredible damage to heroes without any real investment.
I haven't looked at Stonegaze in a while but what are the numbers here?

[EDIT]: Did a single maxing out Terra and Stonegaze. Overall thoughts are that the skill is pretty strong. However, it's the duration that really slaughters units. 12 seconds I think at rank 6. But you could make a pretty strong arguement that most AoE spells do the same. Terra was giving me just as many kills at rank 4 and little/mild strength investment.

Thoughts on other spells:

* Abberation actually kinda of blows unless you're really investing in a troop support style of play (which means you'll almost exclusivity forgo Terra/Dive) or fully max out the skill. The talents are potent to be sure, but that's crystal that could be put into other things. While I agree applying Abber to hired/specialized troops can certainly lead to insanely powerful pushes, Yak could easily fix this by adding a weaker stat gain to those sorts of units. There is really no need to be slamming Garg with the nerf hammer, we already have another flying hero that underwent that experimentation :roll:

* Terra is a pretty powerful overall, though strikes me as well balanced enough.

* Dive is...kinda of hard to judge.The carry damage is insane (+100 dmg per sec @ 1.5 secs at rank 1), WITHOUT any added Agi, plus the modifier is pretty sharp. Can't remember if the damage carry duration increases or not but this skill can easily do a huge amount of damage....assuming Garg has more strength than that particular hero. Blows otherwise.

* Ult seems strong but fine. No complaints really.

Overall, Garg may need some slight tweaking but I don't see him as being too terribly powerful.
1) mana regen
2) attackspeed items ( Note to self: try the Artefact )
3) STR items
[EDIT]: explained
Last edited by SuIIy on April 22nd, 2012, 7:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: Garg Balance

#3 Post by watermelon »

If you get at least one level in Ravenous Dive, you've made Garg a hero killer.
Stonegaze duration level 6 is just insane. It decimates creep waves and chips away heroes health quickly.
Innate distracts spawns a lot even in the beginning as most of the times, they won't be able to take it down. Innate could have a longer cooldown.
Garg is a pretty fat hero as well and doesn't really have issues surviving.