Moderator: Mills

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

Re: Tier List and Discussion

#51 Post by Crazyedd »

I have to admit, in the heat of battle, there are some spells that Neph has that are just there for cycling. However, this is mostly to do with the fact that every little tier has one or two non-combat spells, so it's only natural that you'll cast a pointless spell just to cycle.

Also, I'd say that he's actually got some pretty decent spells: 'Swipe' (under 'war') is a very powerful spell and rivals Fenris' similar spell.
I'd like to say that, although I think 'execute' is a decent spell, it seems kind of weak for its purpose. Then again, it's very good for disabling fleeing heros, so I can't really complain about it.

I think the key to playing as Neph is to get a balance on his attributes: Because you're relying on many different spells which are affected by different attributes, you can't exactly make your hero a super intelligence buff whilst ignoring the other two attributes. It's possible to play in such a way (using the 'shadow' and 'fire' lists usually only requires intelligence), but I often prefer making a balanced hero.
However, I will say that I often lean more towards strength as a focus. This is because it offers alot of killing power with 'swipe' and 'execute'. Agility is also good for his 'retaliate' spell.

One thing I have to say to Yak: If you are planning on doing some changes to Neph, get rid of/modify his 'flaming treants' spell (I forgot the actual name, it's under 'fire'). The treants aren't really worth the spell cast, even at high levels they're pretty weak. Plus, you have to have atleast 3 trees in an area for it to be used to its full effect.
If you are going to keep the treants, then why not make them reactive to his attributes?
So, maybe hp and dmg is affected by his strength attributes.
atk & move speed, and armour affected by agi.
duration effected by int.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#52 Post by DarnYak »

Neph is going to need his own version to fix, should I even build up the desire ;P See the dedicated thread about neph.

DarnYak

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Sully24

#53 Post by SuIIy »

I personally think Neph is pretty strong as it; maybe some minor/medium changes, but anything major will seemingly just make him that much more effed up (which is isn't anyway?).

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#54 Post by jamn455 »

As I said, he cannot be killed by Infiltrator, that makes him more OP than any other hero in the game.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#55 Post by BustroQuick »

Yak wants me to update this for some reason so I made a few changes based on the games today:

Ascendant: Very strong in multiple roles post-buff. Moved from Poor to Very Good.

Defiler: His new skills aided his prior weakness to dispels; heal gives him great utility. There are many ways to play this character. Moved from Good to Very Good.

Emberwraith: Much better than the previous version. I've seen him played quite a bit now, and I think he belongs under Good.

High Oracle: She didn't do well today. Maybe it was just the people playing her, but beyond her Heal she seemed to have little influence on the game. Moved to Good from Very Good.

Behemoth: Anchor seems to be the only good skill. The others, while versatile and interesting, have yet to be used effectively. Decent.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#56 Post by watermelon »

Would be more interesting to see how you rank the heroes relative to each other since a lot of them ended up in Very Good or Good now.
Also, Neph got banned by Yak until he gets fixed and the map version is c8.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#57 Post by Dekar »

Dont downrate Behemoth without trying eat/fly spam/anchor build. :(
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Sully24

#58 Post by SuIIy »

Dont downrate Behemoth without trying eat/fly spam/anchor build.
What other builds are there? The one you just listed is by far the best.

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#59 Post by mianmian »

I'd move Naga down to Good from Very Good and Ember from Good to Very Good. He builts super tanky and has the best debuff in the game atm, as well as TONS of AoE. One of the best Storm heroes IMO
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower