Moderator: Mills

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: Balancing hero heals

#26 Post by watermelon »

So here's my complaint about the new heals. Ethereal Healing/Cure Wounds is strong but can't be used that frequently due to a very long cooldown and costing a lot of mana. Defiler's heal, while weaker and channeled, can be used much more frequently, allowing him to be a better healer now. Defiler's heal is more useful than the new heals but doesn't seem as OP as the old heals used to be.
Last edited by watermelon on April 1st, 2012, 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#27 Post by DarnYak »

Yea, I don't expect it to be perfectly balanced on the first run. That said, I'm still looking for more feedback. As AA I just grabbed one point of Ethereal healing, it made a big difference, but I also wasn't trying to be a dedicated healer. TC's heal spam was still pretty effective though, and I may need to nerf it more. Defiler I'm not sure about.

DarnYak

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Sully24

#28 Post by SuIIy »

I'm trying to figure out if Cure Wounds was intended to be a one point wonder or you're wanting people to invest levels in Weed as a reason not to buff it? (yes, it needs a buff, Int modifier or something else, pretty bland spell) :? The advantage of getting the heal past rank one is obviously the lower mana cost and lower duration, which seems to me to be marginally beneficial overall....so scrapping additional levels of Cure Wounds in favor of Weeds seems a more appropriate path, this may even become more problematic with whatever spell you replace Reverse Magic with, assuming you're still planning on scrapping dispels...

That being said, Cure Wounds is beyond insane now (was healing for +1700 Hp with 150 Int), and the really high mana cost may hurt like a bitch at early levels, but if you were attempting to deter people from spam-casting I'm not sure jacking up the cost will do the trick. Yes, the duration is pretty high, however, you can recover rather quickly with +200 Int and 200% mana regen :P

I suppose you could be still tweaking Dryad...