Total votes: 35

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Any good?

#1 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Briefly state which artifacts you believe to be worth it.

And don't forget to vote.

Imo, ALL artifacts are worth it at rank 0, and 75% of them to around +2 or +3. Beyond that, they steadily decrease. I'd say only 3 or so would be worth it (depending upon the circumstance) to rank +5. My 2 cents.

For me, the blink totem, fury orb, and talisman are bought the most. The evoc gloves are a one point wonder imo, much the same as the dragon's heart, demons, and flute. I suppose all could be seen that way. But I rarely purchase the int hammer unless I am in need of farming (nice on FM at times). And yes, some arts are plain insane on certain heros. Gravel has the blink totem, OH NOES!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Dark_Nemesis on August 30th, 2009, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

America!

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Re: Any good?

#2 Post by Luftwaffles »

Artifacts are generally a waste of time to me unless I'm just fucking around. The only time I really ever bother getting one is with Plight and that's a bonus if the other team is stupid and lets me kill them. Otherwise I get Orb and the rest are too expensive for weak effects I could better spend on other things (and the Orb is only good when I'm playing a PK hero and I feel lazy).

Also this poll is fucking pointless. How do you know whether the tally refers to the best or worst artifact?
- Luftwaffles

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Also this poll is fucking pointless. How do you know whether the tally refers to the best or worst artifact?
Then don't vote :shock:

It's called you state which ones are the worst/best. I assume you read it right?

America!

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Then you're keeping track of the actual poll results in your head. Now, if you want to see which ones have more attention drawn to them, this is the right poll to have up. But if you want to know which one people actually think is the best, you have to go down and read the thread, pretty much making the poll a waste of space.

For instance: Tell me which artifact people think is the best using that poll.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Lanthis
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Lanthis

#5 Post by Lanthis »

I think it depends completely on the hero you're playing as.

That said, I like blink stick on RK, INT hammer on any caster-creeper. I think the staff is kind of useful when you're a low HP evoc caster, the clone has saved my ass almost every time I've used it.

I think the Dragon Heart's dragon effect is kind of useless, and hardly ever get it, because it's way too expensive.
I am a parody of myself.

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#6 Post by Luftwaffles »

which artifacts are the best/worst?
Poll runs till September 20th, 2009, 7:44 pm
That's the poll header. So you've essentially given us a poll to pick which artifact(s) we think are best and/or worst and we can mix and match as we please. Meaning that this poll is a gigantic waste of space because now we have no idea whether the poll means the items are the best, or the items in the poll are the worst. All we know is it could be mixed and that you just wasted a bunch of time reading it.

I came on for casual reading and I'll split this thread apart and put it together properly later. For future, when making a poll don't clump "best" and "worst" into the actual poll unless you have two separate ones so that we can properly keep track of what's going on.
- Luftwaffles

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Edited to suite you folks. :roll:

America!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#8 Post by Dekar »

Whenever I decide to buy a artefact, its already bought by a noob and I have to own them with normal items, so I dont really know.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I have to own them with normal items, so I dont really know.
First of all, I have a hard time believing this to be true.

Second, if that really is the case, then why do you want to wreck them because they are supposedly OP? Don't you think your statement alone nullifies that?

America!

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#10 Post by Kalrithus »

First of all dekar is a fairly good player, and has no real problems owning noobs even when they have artifacts. Second of all he doesn't wreck them because the items are not powerful, but rather because they are too noobish to use them properly.

coramoor2
Regular
Regular

#11 Post by coramoor2 »

also, the extra abilities artifacts usually convey can be canceled out with some consumables or simply paying attention. clone from the crystal staff? wait about 5 seconds and it should be fairly obvious which is the clone. run speed from flute to get away? blink wand or use one of the many slow/snare/blink skills in eota. they are rarely so strong that a bit of strategy isn't enough. there is a solid reason why alot of the 'old guard' frowns on getting artifacts: for the price of most of them, you can buy multiple mercs, upgrade a spawn point or build some additional defenses. for the cost of maxing one of them, you can generally have maxed any two standard items. they don't confer the awesomeness that their cost implies. they are definitely the best items in the game you can buy, but not the most effective per gold spent.

on that note, i do love getting the storm hammer on martyr. it just fits him so well. I also try to get the talisman on DS for more hp regen, but otherwise i usually only get them for novelty when i just want to waste money.

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#12 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

I usually just go for one that gives whatever I need from the hero I'm using; usually in reference to stats.

Hm this gives me an idea. New thread time.
I miss EotA :(

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Talisman on Rue with rank 6 guard is nice too.
on that note, i do love getting the storm hammer on martyr. it just fits him so well.
Agreed.

America!

Ahkmed
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: Ahkmed The Dead Terrorist

#14 Post by Ahkmed »

To me hands down Talisman is the best artifact, specially on Swash for me for epic demos and high HP Regen to mitigate the damage creeps do to you while chasing your enemy. Not only that but Talisman is good on any character, with some getting more advantages than others. And it has a nice effect, although with all the PK I do I forget it even has a power.

Second best artifact to me is Totem. I mean come on IAS and blink? It can't get better than that.

Third best artifact to me is Hammer, give it to almost any int hero and it'll aid you to hold off any lane with its ability.

Fury, Flute and Staff have to be pretty much situational artifacts.

Heart and Horn have to be the worst artifacts, too expensive, too situational, most heroes don't benefit from them.
Swashbuckler, is a true terrorist.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#15 Post by Reaper »

I agree pretty much 100% with what Ahkmed said. I usually try to get tali on pretty much any hero, if anything. Especially good on AA.
[Reaper]

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Especially good on AA.
It is also grand on Tact. Played her in a bnet today with rank 6 flank and found it helped wonderfully. My only real problem was the enemy Bane kept fearing my glaive warriors! NOES! When the hell did Bane get fear?

Agree with Ahkmed as well, mostly.

And the only artifact that I don't buy for the extra goodie is prolly the crystal staff. That I usually grab for the extra mana more than anything. At rank one it's like having an full int ring. Very nice at times.

America!

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#17 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

I don't like it with Tact at all because it overwrites Valiant Stand even when its buff gives less damage.

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

I didn't know that!

Argg, another one I have to worry about.

America!