Xmas games

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Xmas games

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Haven't been able to play in quite a while, so before I do my xmas edits i want to try to get some games in. So I'll be on bnet on the 18th to try and get some games in throughout the day. Clan EotA on East.

Note: If you know its broken, and it was posted in this thread, you don't need to prove it to me in game. That'll just annoy me.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Xmas games

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Actually, I need to move this to Saterday. Probably more people availible then anyway.

DarnYak

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#3 Post by Tehw00tz »

And we play Kart Rider when?
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Mills
Addict
Addict

#4 Post by Mills »

DarnYak wrote:Actually, I need to move this to Saterday. Probably more people availible then anyway.

DarnYak
Lame, and I was so looking forward to playing EotA the day after tomarrow.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Well i can try to be on thursday, but i'm less likely to be availible.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

We have around 5 in Clan EotA on east now, if anyone's lurking around feel free to join us and maybe we can get some games going.

DarnYak

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by Elreth »

zzzz im awake, im awake. we had like four pretty good full house games last night up till 8am ish so... but im awake now. Lets do it.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

Elreth wrote:zzzz im awake, im awake. we had like four pretty good full house games last night up till 8am ish so... but im awake now. Lets do it.
Why'd noone tell me?

We did 2 or 3 games, I lost all of them. Harpy needs to be nerfed, UD suck.

Oh yea, whyd id nobody post that UD still loose almost every game? ;P A balance issue maybe?

DarnYak

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by Elreth »

well you weren't online and no one (who was on?) has any way to contact you

also, remember last time you played? im pretty sure you discovered harpy was broken then as well... and I think I posted that in the other thread.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#10 Post by Dekar »

How can UD lose when they have Rue?

Further blabla that I stopped doing for every hero and thus is incomplete and maybe inaccurate:

Martyr has his powerful lightning that probaly just doesnt get used often enough because it deals no damage to heroes.
GEYSER!
Garg should rape casters.
Ember could need a buff imo, because all he does is massive but slow AoE damage ( and helps a bit with evasion ).
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#11 Post by Perhaps »

Well Pyroclasm isn't a slow AoE, as much as a ruin-able AoE. One point into brain freeze, all points into Pyroclams void. The least that could be done is a shorter cast time per level.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#12 Post by DarkNemesis »

Dekar wrote:How can UD lose when they have Rue?

Further blabla that I stopped doing for every hero and thus is incomplete and maybe inaccurate:

Martyr has his powerful lightning that probaly just doesnt get used often enough because it deals no damage to heroes.
GEYSER!
Garg should rape casters.
Ember could need a buff imo, because all he does is massive but slow AoE damage ( and helps a bit with evasion ).
Ember is a monster how he is. Maxed out cauterize against heroes afflicted with plague or others debuffs is insane imo. Also, a heavy talented torture and molten cage + corona is just as overpowered. Ember is good how he is. A buff would make him too good.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by DarnYak »

All i know is every game all i hear is "aw shit i dont want to be undead, they always loose." One good hero doesn't really make up for a bunch of insufficient ones.

Buffs inc.

DarnYak

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#14 Post by DarkNemesis »

DarnYak wrote:
All i know is every game all i hear is "aw shit i dont want to be undead, they always loose." One good hero doesn't really make up for a bunch of insufficient ones.

Buffs inc.

DarnYak
The only real insufficiency I can deduct from the UD faction is a good AGI-based Dmg hero (Oracle is too much like an spell dmg dealer), and good healing hero, and a good AoE. Other than, say, Emberwraith. I think what UD need more than anything is an awesome support-based hero. Some along the lines of the Blazing Priest or Shaman. I consider those two to be the best supporters in the game. What is more badass than wiping a base at lvl 15?
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#15 Post by jamn455 »

DarkNemesis wrote:
DarnYak wrote:

Buffs inc.

DarnYak
The only real insufficiency I can deduct from the UD faction is a good AGI-based Dmg hero (Oracle is too much like an spell dmg dealer), and good healing hero, and a good AoE. Other than, say, Emberwraith. I think what UD need more than anything is an awesome support-based hero. Some along the lines of the Blazing Priest or Shaman. I consider those two to be the best supporters in the game. What is more badass than wiping a base at lvl 15?
I would say Swoop takes the cake for most OP move of 1.12. If you disagree, you don't know what it does.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#16 Post by DarkNemesis »

jamn455 wrote:
DarkNemesis wrote:
DarnYak wrote:

Buffs inc.

DarnYak
I would say Swoop takes the cake for most OP move of 1.12. If you disagree, you don't know what it does.
Swoop is overpowered.

The Undead are not inferior, not by any means. Most of it has to do with hero vrs. hero situations. Anything can happen then. Besides, they've got Nephillium, and he is closely bordering, if not already, being overpowered.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#17 Post by DarnYak »

Swoop is flat out broken, not overpowered.

Overpowered means I thought it might be fair but was proven it wasn't. Broken means i fucked up testing it ;P

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#18 Post by Perhaps »

Here's a suggestion to improve the Oracle's damn summons a bit. Either give them free blink or remove their collision.

And Sorrow Leige IS really good if not played by morons. His auras are really nice (if you don't just use one fucking aura the entire game), when playing him, almost dead player trying to get away, and you're in safe health range? Celerity Aura. Ice Spinner is going to Ice Lance you? Warding Aura. Going to get hit by flank? Reduced damage aura (forgot the name). Travel time? Celerity Aura, of course. Any other time Fatality Aura. And with his fear, of course it can be applied for various situations, countering hamstring, temp disabling army, breaking channelings, etc.. Mortal Strike, well the fucking thing has a short as hell cooldown and can kill players pretty much right away, or force them to leave and fall behind. His other two abilities I'm not so big on.

Forlorn Martyr + Defiler + Incarnation is a good anti hero team using Ion Surge then Pestilence and Rend Soul. But then again Creep has their equivalent as well. Arcane Mistress, Ice Spinner and Scarab.

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired

#19 Post by DarkNemesis »

Perhaps wrote:Here's a suggestion to improve the Oracle's damn summons a bit. Either give them free blink or remove their collision.

And Sorrow Leige IS really good if not played by morons. His auras are really nice (if you don't just use one fucking aura the entire game), when playing him, almost dead player trying to get away, and you're in safe health range? Celerity Aura. Ice Spinner is going to Ice Lance you? Warding Aura. Going to get hit by flank? Reduced damage aura (forgot the name). Travel time? Celerity Aura, of course. Any other time Fatality Aura. And with his fear, of course it can be applied for various situations, countering hamstring, temp disabling army, breaking channelings, etc.. Mortal Strike, well the fucking thing has a short as hell cooldown and can kill players pretty much right away, or force them to leave and fall behind. His other two abilities I'm not so big on.

Forlorn Martyr + Defiler + Incarnation is a good anti hero team using Ion Surge then Pestilence and Rend Soul. But then again Creep has their equivalent as well. Arcane Mistress, Ice Spinner and Scarab.
Quite true, Perhaps.

Yes, Liege is a beast.

Royal Gaurd is very nice. The stun aquired by the reverent guys is freaken handy for a dmg liege. And the invisibly aura makes AoO uses against Rue.

The only thing I don't get about him is the speed increase talent abtained from fear. why would you wont to INCREASE an enemy's movement speed? Explanation please?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by DarnYak »

DarkNemesis wrote:The only thing I don't get about him is the speed increase talent abtained from fear. why would you wont to INCREASE an enemy's movement speed? Explanation please?
It only affects units (non-heroes), and makes them get away faster. Meaning they go further, take longer to get back, and get the fuck out of your way faster.

DarnYak

elleoloco
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: butmunchsndwich and elleoloco

#21 Post by elleoloco »

I'm a big fan of Eota: Twilight but as you can guess I don't know anyone who plays it. I usually play on Lordaeron (US West) but if you only play on Azeroth (US East) I'll certainly make an exception. You can also email me if it's more convient. FYI this message is particular directed toward DarnYak, but if anyone else has a Clan going, feel free to invite me.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#22 Post by Reaper »

Rue is my favorite undead hero because he's pretty much indestructable

I know I posted a replay on here somewhere where laserwolf and I won an awesome game in which I was rue defending the main base against all the other outposts. I maxxed out my level
[Reaper]

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#23 Post by Perhaps »

The main question is, why the hell are there two talents to counter each other out? Perhaps add something to toggle which is applied? -_-

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#24 Post by Dekar »

Because they dont cancel each other.

THe one talent makes units run away faster so you get room to breath, the other one makes heroes run away slower so you can kill them more easily.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#25 Post by Perhaps »

Well it would be nice to toggle the faster move on and off for regular units, in fact the ability to slow them would be nice. Reason being it can conflict with other heroe's AoEs when they all a sudden scatter.