Stackers on East

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
TsukiNoHikari
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: TsukiNoHikari

Stackers on East

#1 Post by TsukiNoHikari »

While Bnet is declining and the better players are gradually leaving, more and more arrogant people associated with Clan Eota and other clans are hosting public games with stacked teams. While I am a decent player, facing three or more reasonably competent people while I have my team of pubbies is hardy fair. Is it too much to ask for a game that I stand a chance in?

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Stackers on East

#2 Post by Dekar »

But if they dont pubsmash they could get a bad score for they code or struggle or even lose the game! How can you demand this to happen? :roll:
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#3 Post by jamn455 »

If playing a fun and enjoyable game with some friends on teamspeak is a crime, then I guess I am guilty of it. I play a game to have a good time, and I make sure we never use anything imbalanced or say anything demeaning to the other team. I am sorry if other people have represented the clan badly by talking shit or anything like that during a game, and if so, tell me and I shall deal with it. I know that when we play on teamspeak we look to play for the fun of the game, and the way the group of people I play with is often to the point to where if we don't play to a good level we have a good chance of losing.

Once again, I am sorry if someone from the clan has made the game one which gives you a bad experience, and if you need anything, or think something needs to be done to those people, just tell me and I shall deal with it.

By the way, what is the name you play on East? If you are interested, I will invite you to the clan, because you have done more than many of the other people that I have invited have done, show interest in a good game of EotA, and join the forums.

Thanks for bringing this problem to my eyes.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

TsukiNoHikari
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: TsukiNoHikari

#4 Post by TsukiNoHikari »

My account name is the same as the one here, and I surmise I'll drop by the clan channel.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#5 Post by Soulbourne »

Yes, pubsmashes are the in thing. The reason I saw behind it: Long even games are horrible and no fun. I am against that opinion, and a nice long 4 hour game is fun for me. Others tend to be lagging by then so I see the consequences though. Still say you should spread out the teams though.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by aegir ravenking »

Ya, getting smashed with self+2x newbs, 1x noob against 3x good oppents and 1x random gets boring after the fourth or fifth time. The fact that this was when I was in the clan and it was the same people repeatly didn't help me fight off my City of Villains addiction.

It also didn't sit too well with me when I noticed that they were using teamspeak to better coordinate there attacks. I wouldn't be complaing, if it was just BS'ing, but when I joined the channel they were in on (figured it would at least even the odds a bit, as the game in question I did have one good teammate) they stopped talking after noticing who I was, then one of them mentioned joining another service (Xfire I think).

Suprisingly I can't say I got many of my teammates to play more EotA games.

And I am still mostly hooked on CoV, but was about 6 months clean of Bnet(damn you diablo!).

@Soulbourne
You remember you have a town to take care of?
Formerly known as kevin.mentor.
Darlocks and Psilons forever!

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#7 Post by Soulbourne »

If it's the one in my sig, I had forgotten. If something else, what?

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#8 Post by Tehw00tz »

I think he wants you doing that rather than posting.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

A7X_SIDEWINDER
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: A7X_SIDEWINDER

#9 Post by A7X_SIDEWINDER »

i completely agree with this topic... pros leave noobs join....
im joining up in EoTA soon
ImageImage

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#10 Post by jamn455 »

A7X_SIDEWINDER wrote:i completely agree with this topic... pros leave noobs join....
im joining up in EoTA soon

You won't when I join your public EotA game and you decide to go afk for 20 minutes and I have to wait and wait until I finally decide that I am bored of EotA for the next two months.6
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

PredatoryKnight
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: PredatoryKnight

#11 Post by PredatoryKnight »

MM, I actually play on West, but I very much sympathize with you here, I can only get a successful 4v4 hosted on certain times of day and when I do I always have some friends that will chew me out for the ENTIRE game if I am not on their team. (I need better friends) and I just wish I would lose sometimes in this game, part of the reason I love EotA is that it doesn't feel as tense as DotA to me and I don't have the same NEED to win every single time.
Honestly I am NOT that good at EotA so I should not be winning all the time :/

The reason I want to lose is because I CANT get good against the opponents I play against, which are random pubs are often first time players, and then they give up playing often because they lost on their first try. :(
Last edited by PredatoryKnight on December 18th, 2008, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by Soulbourne »

Training matches? Just for fun play with an experienced person explaining the ropes and answering questions...Hmm, think we have a decent number of those with the experience...But the will I know not. If anyone takes the time, might be a good way to increase playerbase...especially if it happens at various times of the day so it isn't mainly fit in one schedule block.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#13 Post by Dekar »

That would require people who are actually willing to learn how to play.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by Soulbourne »

I never said it'd be easy to get people to join and stay on a match called something like "Open EotA training match".

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by Perhaps »

I have a method that works, if you're pretty much always on the winning team for public games, deem the players on the opposing team a lost cause unless they verbalize they like aspects of the map. Offer them to come to next game, and within next game, tell them they can add you to their friends list, and tell them that you'll add them back so that they can see when games are hosted (I guess this only applies if you can host). I had an account that was "EotA" specific friends list and I got about 20 people who'd join my games on the spot.

Or another method that works, but it's far less dignifying... You can of course all gather together to host a large series of games where you lose on purpose. I've used this method to get some maps on Starcraft mildly popular (would have been even more popular had I kept it longer). Sad thing is some of the games I had to actually put effort into them not losing.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#16 Post by Reaper »

stacking is inevitable
[Reaper]

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#17 Post by Soulbourne »

The inevitable is not the absolute though.

IE, it's possible for non-stacked games...which will probably cause an increase in stacked games and eventually ih, but still not an absolute.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#18 Post by Storamin »

non stacked games are non fun :mrgreen:

Daeatul
Visitor
Visitor

#19 Post by Daeatul »

I've been playing Eota on and off with a few friends. Sometimes we face off but alot of the time we don't. However I attempt to perform perhap's 2nd strategy in which I lose on purpose. Strangely enough most of the time it's more entertaining than winning. You have more to kill and they have more reason to stay and win. Also on east I have encountered some competent players but I suppose that's just luck of who's on. If thats to much of a pain try just levelin your hero then just countering what they do. Don't try to obliterate them till they get a feel for it. It doesn't seem like much of a map to the people who have explored and know all the combos, strats, and items, but it is alot for a new player to absorb. Also the fact that 60% of bnet players are absolutely pathetic but anyways ya why am I even typing >.>

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#20 Post by Dekar »

On europe we (2-3 people ) sometimes played no repairing, no spawn buildings games, quite fun actually.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict

#21 Post by Soulbourne »

Note: Universe still intact.

Yes, that is relevant to the recent comments.