A couple of questiosn about spell effects in EotA

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
WC3Player
Visitor
Visitor

A couple of questiosn about spell effects in EotA

#1 Post by WC3Player »

1. What model does "Hazard Slash"(from rune knight) use for his ability? What category is it under for the model(is it under "Unit -missiles", abilities, buffs, or is it a custom model?).

I tried looking but can't find the effect/model.

2. Same with Fenris' dream hunt, which effect does it use to make that "trail"(when he runs), also which sound does it use?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A couple of questiosn about spell effects in EotA

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Hazard Slash is custom made

Dream run is (assuming i haven't changed it...) a missile, maybe banshee's. I dont have access to my computer (hopefully i'll get it back in another week...) so I can't check.

DarnYak

WC3Player
Visitor
Visitor

#3 Post by WC3Player »

Thanks for your response.

I have few other questions:

1. Does Grand Rune use a custom model for its effect or is it a special effect already in Warcraft 3?

2. How did you do the "explosion" part of Grand Rune? Right now, I got the part where the circle starts forming and the lines move towards the caster but I can't seem to get the explosion part right.

I don't know how to make the explosion engulf the whole area around the caster.

I tried making a dummy unit(with burning oil ability, 500 area of effect) spawn and attack the middle of the ground where the rune is casted but that didn't look good. I tried creating dummy units to represent the special effects, also didn't look good.

Any help to how you did the "exploding" part of "Grand Rune" and made it engulf the area?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

Mostly custom models. There's part of starfall and some random rune doodads i found, but the flames themselves are just custom. For screwing around, just use...drunken haze fire + some large fire effect (I just recolored base effects)

Doing it itself is pretty simple, just placing lots of special effects, the hard part is keeping track of them all.

The explosion is done by placing lots of rings of flames over a really fast period, and then just deleting one ring at a time a little slower then they're created. I would post the code, but it was done in gui and is a godaweful mess.

DarnYak

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#5 Post by Perhaps »

I tells ya, send SomethingGuy the source file for the map and let him clean up your code. He's actually good at that crap.

PredatoryKnight
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: PredatoryKnight

#6 Post by PredatoryKnight »

MM could I ask a quick question along sort of the same track? The fire hero on the undead, does his corona ability do the damage it says every second? And on my computer the corona sometimes disappears. Is it supposed to do that? maybe that's just cuz of my graphics settings or something?

Sorry im typing way too much for such a simple question :/ I should be more concise

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#7 Post by Soulbourne »

Ya, I think the fire disappears when he stands still mainly, pretty sure the effect is still going, but dunno. The I'd assume it's damage each second, since that's normally standard, but dunno.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#8 Post by Reaper »

Corona works
[Reaper]

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#9 Post by jamn455 »

I didn't think that people actually used Emberwraith.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Mills
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Mills »

jamn455 wrote:I didn't think that people actually played.
Fixed