EXP?

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Temet Nosce
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Temet_Nosce

EXP?

#1 Post by Temet Nosce »

I've been discussing this with my friends but we can't seem to figure out what precisely affects the EXP awarded at the end of the game (beyond the gradual increase from games played although at this point even that seems inconsistent). Could someone provide me with a list containing each area that affects EXP and a rough estimate of how much?

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: EXP?

#2 Post by jamn455 »

What is the fun in playing the game for the exp endgame if you know how to get max every game?
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#3 Post by Reaper »

Short answer: No one that knows this is going to tell you (or anyone)
[Reaper]

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#4 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

I know how to but distributing this information is going to cost you 30 American dollars.
Top secret stuff.
Backwards E's are badass

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

I always have and will continue to refuse to give out information about how exp is rewarded. All I will say is its the game attempting to measure how well you're playing, although I admit its probably pretty bad at it.

DarnYak

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#6 Post by Reaper »

It is, fyi
[Reaper]

Temet Nosce
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: Temet_Nosce

#7 Post by Temet Nosce »

Fair enough but if it works the way I and my friends now think you're right about it being fairly bad at it. Still the rank system itself was definitely a stroke of genius. It makes the games even more addictive. I hope to see even more rank rewards added (and perhaps a rework of the EXP system as well). Anyways looking forward to the next version and the hopeful return of upgrades. Thanks for the responses.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

Yea I have some plans for the exp and rank codes, but I honestly dont know if i'll ever have time to get around to them. Although, maybe I could find someone to do the bulk of it for me, as it requires fucking with the bot not the map..

DarnYak

Stexe
Wanderer
Wanderer

#9 Post by Stexe »

Temet Nosce wrote:Fair enough but if it works the way I and my friends now think you're right about it being fairly bad at it. Still the rank system itself was definitely a stroke of genius. It makes the games even more addictive. I hope to see even more rank rewards added (and perhaps a rework of the EXP system as well). Anyways looking forward to the next version and the hopeful return of upgrades. Thanks for the responses.
I think it is just the opposite. It rewards people who play constantly, who generally don't even need the reward because they have more experience. That's like making the rich richer. It makes the game less inviting and hurts new players.

Personally, I'd like to see ranks give negative stats and hurt players, but give them some special icons or something so they can show off -- kind of like a handicap system that let's a player boast about being better even with the minor negatives (examples are a buff graphic appearing over their hero, a taunt sound playing when they kill you, a different color shade for their heroes model, ect).

Raxxor
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dotaprogamer2

#10 Post by Raxxor »

Stexe wrote: Personally, I'd like to see ranks give negative stats and hurt players, but give them some special icons or something so they can show off
That would suck so utterly,I'd even bother quitting eota,I mean seriously WTF?The one big problem there is with the rank system is what has been said before,the -temper and other advantages.Why not make them usable for everyone and instead add something like what you said
Stexe wrote:(examples are a buff graphic appearing over their hero, a taunt sound playing when they kill you, a different color shade for their heroes model, ect)
?
I do not think you are going into the right direction when saying "make ranks give negative stats and hurt players" the only result would be NOONE saving the codes anymore and the whole bot-system useless.
I agree with Temet Nosce,the exp system is something that makes the game addictive,but gameplay advantages are bad,yes.
Having the only use of exp rewards in showing off and allowing (for example -temper) to everyone(or noone?) would be my suggestion...

Gilles
Visitor
Visitor

#11 Post by Gilles »

I think a negative buff is about the worst idea I've ever heard for any game.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Battle.net name: Dekar

#12 Post by Dekar »

IIRC in NotD: Aftermath rank and medals reduce your hp but increase your movespeed and unlocks new classes and some few abiliies while increasing the game difficult. A good player is not supposed to get hit very often anyway. In addition it makes it quite impossible for noobs with a cheated code.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Stexe
Wanderer
Wanderer

#13 Post by Stexe »

Gilles wrote:I think a negative buff is about the worst idea I've ever heard for any game.
Why? You have a choice of using the rank to give yourself a handicap (although minor) to "balance" the playing field slightly. Plus, I was talking about 1 or 2 less in every stat tops, nothing dramatic, just a little edge for giving the taunts and special graphics for experienced players.

Raxxor
Visitor
Visitor
Battle.net name: Dotaprogamer2

#14 Post by Raxxor »

What is the whole point why you want to add stat reducement for players that play the game more often?Seriously it's bs,you can't say eota is a game that has TOO many players and my experience is that it's the very rare case that a game starts before at least 5 mins after hosting passed.There is NO wc3 game I know about in which experienced players get any disadvantages,so why introduce something to this?

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#15 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

Because EotA is already full of elitist pubsmashing teamstackers why the hell not make it a little harder on them to fully disassemble any ragtag team that thinks they can stand a chance.
Backwards E's are badass