Hero "Classes"

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

Hero "Classes"

#1 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Just thought I'd post a list of the hero "Classes" and which hero falls under which class.

For me Eota has 4 main classes...and obviously each hero may fill more than one class.

Tank
Hero Killing
Support
AoE
Sieger

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong! :)

We'll start with the Elves...

Rune Knight--Tank/AoE/Sieger
Aeromancess--AoE
Soul Binder--Tank/AoE/Sieger
Mystic Swashbuckler--Hero Killing
Divine Wizard--AoE
Blazing Priest--Support/Sieger
Time Cleric--Tank/AoE
Infilitrator--Hero Killing/Support/Sieger
Tactician--Hero Killing/Support/Sieger
Arcane Archer--Support/Sieger/Hero Killing

Creeps

Acid Reaver--Tank/Sieger
Scarab--Tank/Sieger
Eldar Treant--Tank/Hero Killing
Dread Shaman--Support
Ice Spinner--AoE/Sieger
Arcane Mistress--Hero Killing/Support
Master of the Hunt--Hero Killing
Grim Hag--AoE/Hero Killing/Sieger
Colossus--Support/Tank
Aboreal Crusader--AoE

Undead

Nepilium--Hero Killing/AoE
Sorrow Liege--Tank/Support
Incarnation--Support/AoE
High Oracle--Hero Killing/Caster
Forlorn Martyr--Hero Killing
Ascendant--Tank/Sieger
Emberwraith--Tank/AoE
Defiler--AoE

Well thats about it, give suggestions/comments.
Last edited by A_New_Dawn on March 3rd, 2008, 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

Re: Hero "Classes"

#2 Post by Strychnyne »

I'd add Sieger to your list, those being heroes who are ideal for taking out buildings.

But aside from that, the great thing about EotA is that most heroes can be built to fill any roll, or at least 3/5. You have AA as Support only. So that would be Mass Haste and Ethereal Healing, with whatever you feel like in between. But if you get main Mass Haste and are smart with your Meteor Swarm/Familiar points, you can have one hell of a hero killer. Or if you main Meteor Swarm along with heavy INT upgrades and some clever Ice Wall/Scout usage, you've got an excellent Sieger. See what I mean?

If you're going to do this thread I'd stick what builds you use for each hero as they fit into the category. That way people can say why they agree with your not, as well as adding more than just a list of heroes to the forums.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Yeah thats true, I guess I mainly just wrote down their "normal" form or use....

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#4 Post by Dekar »

Just because you play them that way, it doesnt mean its their "normal" use.

Please stop implying everything you do is made the same way by everyone else.

Also "caster" as classification is completly stupid. What do they do? They cast! Oh great!
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Why don't you read the WHOLE post Dekar, you know the part were I said "OBVIOUSLY THEY CAN FILL MORE THAN ONE CLASS"

And those aren't my ways, they just make the most sense.

Nah your right, Ice Spinner should be a Tank! or DPS! what was I thinking! :roll:

And if you wan't to take this as a flame, fine, becuase thats exactly what you posted.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#6 Post by Dekar »

You said they MAY fill more than one roll.

And DPS/Caster/Tank/Support is a really bad choice for classification.

The one thing is, that CASTER is a word, which describes someone who is casting, not what he is doing.

For the other ones, DPS means damage per second, and I have never ever seen a DPS sheet for EotA.

A far better word is Damage Dealer, but for EotA it is not good enough. EotA has 3 very different kinds of important damage: Damage dealt against Heroes, groups of units and buildings.

etc, like you would understand and accept what I write.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#7 Post by Soulbourne »

DPS- 1. Damage per second abbreviated 2. A reference to a class/character who is specialized in a way to deal massive damage to others.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by CryptLord1234 »

Dekar wrote:Just because you play them that way, it doesnt mean its their "normal" use.

Well, where does he start, if he can't post the way HE plays the heroes? He certainly can't start with the way you or anyone else plays the hero, as he hasn't played you, and now he can't start with the way he plays it?
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#9 Post by Strychnyne »

Cryptlord, he can start with how he plays it. But he's stating that it's the NORMAL way to play it, and really, it's not. Even your response Dawn was that it "makes the most sense." To who? To you? The way you play it is NOT the default, so labeling it thusly is just wrong. Dekar is right here.

I don't think I'd say any of the heroes in EotA are DPS. DPS is a character classification that cropped up from MMO's as far as I can tell. I certainly wouldn't use it in EotA, but you can if you want, I guess. Soulbourne, where oh where did you get that professional definition?

Caster is really a poor choice to describe a hero, as ALL heroes cast their spells. I think you are talking about what I refer to as AoE characters, ones with powerful spells to deal with masses of units.
A_New_Dawn wrote:Nah your right, Ice Spinner should be a Tank! or DPS! what was I thinking! :roll:
Considering Ice Lance actually DOES do Damage Per Second, what is so crazy about calling him a DPS character? What exactly makes him so obviously a "caster"?

And finally Dawn, you end all your posts with sayings such as, "this is just my opinion" or "tell me if I'm wrong" and yet you flame anyone who doesn't agree with you. Calm down. Obviously there are people out there who will reply to you with a bit of another agenda seeing as you rub people the wrong way. But flaming back at their so called flames is TOTALLY the wrong thing to do. If you want people to take you seriously, flaming, even if they started it, is only digging your grave deeper. Surely you can see that?

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Strike, comon man, your a good guy, but really, read Dekars post, he started the flaming, not me. Dekar is starting to be Doc and Jamn all over again, and you seem to
be taking their side. Your right I do post "It's just my opinion" and "give me your comments" but what I mean by that is give me your comments, not flames. Dekar's post not only failed to give me any healthy feedback, it just made him look like a troll and possibly started another flame against me. (yes I'm almost certain Jamn, Tokix, TrollDoc, and Dekar are ALL going to jump on the flaming bandwagon on this one.) I'll admit Sieg was too harsh and dogmactic, but DAWN is different, don't care what others are saying, I've been very reasonable with other peoples thoughts and such. But when they start posting stupid, rampant flames it not longer becomes a comment. It becomes a flame. Look at this thread, it wen't from you giving your opinion about the classes to rampant stupidty by Dekar. The only thing he did was flame he didn't even give me any suggestions, he just said it was stupid and such...
Last edited by A_New_Dawn on March 3rd, 2008, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#11 Post by jamn455 »

Nobody flamed you. Disagreement and constructive criticism is not flaming so stop think so.

Everyone reads everyone else's posts. I don't know why each of your posts has to have "Read my post" or "Read his post".

Plus, even if they were flames, they are necessary to teach you something.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by A_New_Dawn »

You tell me how Dekars FLAME was "constructive." is wasn't, he didn't mention shit about how to improve my thread he just flamed, like you.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#13 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Ok, added a "sieger" catogory, not sure if its all right though, might need some correcting...

Placed "Hero Killing" instead of DPS, although there like the same thing...
Placed "AoE" instead of Caster. Might replace it with DD (dmg dealer).
Last edited by A_New_Dawn on March 3rd, 2008, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#14 Post by Reaper »

Dawn, quit accusing everyone of flaming when they are just stating how your thread can be better and make more sense for everyone.

That is all.
[Reaper]

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#15 Post by jamn455 »

Dekar wrote:Just because you play them that way, it doesnt mean its their "normal" use.

Also "caster" as classification is completly stupid. What do they do? They cast! Oh great!
This = flaming? No. He said that caster states that they cast spells, meaning every hero in EotA. Congrats, try to read his post. Normal is not what you do, which is what everyone is trying to tell you.

Dekar wrote:You said they MAY fill more than one roll.

And DPS/Caster/Tank/Support is a really bad choice for classification.

The one thing is, that CASTER is a word, which describes someone who is casting, not what he is doing.

For the other ones, DPS means damage per second, and I have never ever seen a DPS sheet for EotA.

A far better word is Damage Dealer, but for EotA it is not good enough. EotA has 3 very different kinds of important damage: Damage dealt against Heroes, groups of units and buildings.

etc, like you would understand and accept what I write.
This is not flaming either. He is telling you how your classification choices are not good ones as well as he defines his last posts for you even better. And he gives three types of damage dealers at the end of his posts.

Please read what is being said Dawn.... he is trying to help you, but since he disagrees with you it is apparent that you think he is a flaming asshole. Try to stop avoiding the fact that everyone is wrong sometimes(Other than what I have said on the forums) and go and face the facts that you cannot be right at everything when you are talking to veterans of EotA.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips