Wow, what an epic game.

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Ion
Communist

Wow, what an epic game.

#1 Post by Ion »

If any of you have the time or care, this is a freaking awesome game.

Took around 2 hours. Yeah, long time. It was a pub, no clan players (that I know of). UD vs. Elves, we managed a massive comeback from basically what was a guaranteed loss to what I consider an amazing victory.

It was a really slow effort but us two got it in the end. My ally wasn't that great but he did enough to get us through. Enemy Swash played a good game.

Ion Surge + Lich Nuke = incredible. We only actually used it once but it was crazy. He was far under 25% health. Anyway, check it out. Pretty nutty.

For any newer players this is a good oppurtunity to see how much more effective it is to have a hero then a bunch of spawns. By Level 40 most characters can hold a lane by themselves vs. Spawns, and as you'll see throughout the game (look at pink) he basically ends up being completely useless. I'd actually, although he was a really cool guy and stuff, put some of the loss on pink. In the earlier levels, him pushing gave a ton of effectiveness (if you watch notice I back off alot because his Great Bow does alot vs. poor Ion). But he ends up staying in his base (think he said he had lag or something?). I actually kill him near the end with the exact same Shadowsight on him that I put on him almost an hour and a half later (meaning he's basically done nothing the entire game, as a hero). He did mass spawns, put a lot of effort into pushing and stuff. You'll see though, as the levels gather up being able to push effectively comes with the higher levels. It was definately a fun game, and a great learning experience (for me and others). I also hope it dispells any rumors, which I have been hearing in the chan and stuff that the DH is uneffective.

To the contrary I think, as a spawn killer he did his work. OoF worked wonders and was the only item I got all game (not including consumables). Probably would've been screwed if Swash got it before me. We actually, just as a side note, has some really crazy duels. They weren't amazing or anything, not like pots and consumable crazy just really work. I was able to handle Swash who was equipped with Level 5 Blink Totem and Crit Gloves >>. I never had enough money to get the two obs and my team-mate wouldn't pool me (albeit this was a judgement I never asked, I proved to be wrong when he sent me 400 for a TP later which saved my life, even though I fucked it up).

Definately by level 51 I was reeling because I could feel we were coming back. Lich did some awesome work vs. the lower base. I tried backdooring twice and got one tower, but I couldn't afford it with all of our bases dying. They were mercing really well. I felt sorta bad, because Pink was at a complete loss to why he lost. I think it was mainly because he himself hadn't gone in and done the dirty work, so to speak. The did everything though (I wonder where pink was getting all his goddamn cash from?): SEF, full mercp ushes. They must've had at least 6 Ballista towers all together. We ended up totally taking castle by the end though.

UD spawns posed a problem. I find Lost Souls to be near useless (do they not have Polymorph?). This is personal opinion. I used almost entirely Meat Wagons, Frost Wyrms and Aboms. I never put down a Lava, I tried LS' at the beginning but it really wasn't countering out. Didn't bother with Ghouls.

Anyway, check it out, this is actually a good one I'd definately recommend.
Attachments
IncredibleComeback.w3g
(466.4 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
Ion.

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

Re: Wow, what an epic game.

#2 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

First replay on this site that sounds worth watching. Thanks for the upload.
Backwards E's are badass

Ion
Communist

#3 Post by Ion »

Yeah man. I really liked that guy's Swash. He got me a few times earlier and it was like omg GG.

Also, just something I found funny, when the BP was still playing, he actually managed to BF kill me twice I think. The first time I was like omg. The second time I totally got pwned XD right on a push too.

I was glad, apart from my ally, whom most of us ignored (cause he talks to no god damn end) there weren't any actual spam wars or anything. No one was telling off someone else. It was good- clean stuff.

(In the game I am Moobles by the way).
Ion.

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#4 Post by Reaper »

I'll have to watch this.

I think the replay I posted is worth a look too, similar game, similar outcomes. Ours was epic in that they couldn't get the obelisk even though they had the control and 2 heroes trying relentlessly, but failed because of neph (laser) and false alliance, and they couldn't defeat our main base (we had no outposts left) because I was sorrow liege max level and pretty spec'ed out. Not to mention the 3-4 bastion at each entrance.

anyways, one thing I wanted to say is that undead is pretty much guaranteed win if the game goes long. I've seen this personally in 2 pretty big, long games. Even without geyser (like in the replay I posted) they can be unstoppable at high level.

Lost souls are the magic units, right? They have polymorph which turns units into rats.
[Reaper]

Furion
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by Furion »

Are you the moobles player, the green martyr?
- watched part of it and im sure its you
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Strychnyne »

Wait, people still play this?!

Well, I got my laptop back, so as soon I as install WCIII again (my replacement lappy data dumped at the sight of it) I'll give it a watch. And, you know, maybe we could play a game?

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#7 Post by Reaper »

Laser and I still play quite a bit
[Reaper]

Konnar
Regular
Regular

#8 Post by Konnar »

Strychnyne wrote:Wait, people still play this?!

Well, I got my laptop back, so as soon I as install WCIII again (my replacement lappy data dumped at the sight of it) I'll give it a watch. And, you know, maybe we could play a game?
Yessir I even see pubs sometimes hosted by non clan members.

Raxxor
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dotaprogamer2

#9 Post by Raxxor »

That'd be me then.

Furion
Resident
Resident

#10 Post by Furion »

dota has still an advantage in quantity of games, but there are eota games :O
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis