Ascendant thoughts

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

Ascendant thoughts

#1 Post by A_New_Dawn »

So I played a SP to fimilarize myself with Plight and came to some conclusions...he needs to be tweeked a little.

Terra Smash...
First, TS isn't terribly powerful, I mean for the cooldown doesn't seem THAT great..could be wrong...just my op. I got it to do like 600dmg but that was at lvl 50 with 230STR. The slows are wonderful but the dmg could be a little higher...or the cooldown shorter...

Ravenous Dive...
Love this ability, does high dmg (even without AGI) and the move thing is awsome. Hmm, was trying to caculate the dmg but was having trouble. Said it did (98 + 1.05 x AGI) dmg, but thats instant right? then it does (I think) another 300 from the push thing (2sec). So if you've got 100AGI x 98 thats like 1000!...not counting the drag bonus...whats with that? help plz...

Abberation...
Ok, this needs a nerf...too crazy...anyway, the cost seems kinda high for an auto cast option (80) I set it on that and had to spawn back to base cuz it drained me in about 5min. (I even had mana orb). I think a deep nerf and a much lower cost would make this one better and not op. Just a thought...

Stone Gaze
Hmm...fine...I guess...

Hell's Furry
!!!!!!!!!! :D

P.S. I know, I know, I'm kinda bitching...sorry...

Konnar
Regular
Regular

Re: Ascendant thoughts

#2 Post by Konnar »

Yes, the ascendant is pure awesome :)
Terra Smash + ravenous dive take care of most spawns, and his ult completely obliterates them, which is why I think the damage is not going to change. Ascendant has enough utility as it is (great spawn control, great hero killing, disabling) to not give him another super effective spawn killer.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#3 Post by Dekar »

TS also deals damage to buildings.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#4 Post by Reaper »

And I it does damage to those pesky magic immune too, being physical.

Also don't quote me on that
[Reaper]

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#5 Post by randomd00d »

Bah. Abberation already got a nerf. You shoulda seen it before! ;-)

I think it is in good shape right now. I seriously doubt a player is gonna max abberation instead of terra firma and dive, right?
So it only comes into play lategame.

Plus it gobbles mana that is better used spamming terra firma most likely. The damage gain is offset by the speed nerf of the critter...making it really only good for tanking. Lets face it though... A terra firma can hit for thousands of damage in a big battle, vs an abberation that gives an extra 1k HP to a single monster per use.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Hmm..boy does it gobble mana..drained me on 5min..even with mana orb.

Its not so much that is op, I guess, its justing anoying having to spawn back at base every 5min cuz you ran out of mana. I mean, I look forward to auto cast spells cuz you just click them once and nvr worry about them again...Just nice having that option I guess.

I think it would be better if Aber was nerfed again, but cost less mana and had a short cooldown. It would make it less anoying and more relaible..just my opinion though...

TS is a great spell, just wish it hitter a little harder or was more like Incinerate (with the low dmg but SHORT cooldown)!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#7 Post by Dekar »

randomd00d wrote:A terra firma can hit for thousands of damage in a big battle, vs an abberation that gives an extra 1k HP to a single monster per use.
Duh, a tripple buffed flamespawn can deal some hundrets of damage to a tower with every single attack, and you can easily buff up 3 of them in one push. In addition they have some thousands of hp. Also they give the whole push ~12% more effective life against physical attacks. Im not sure if their other skills like BASH or THROW STUN STONE work at the moment, cant remember seeing them.

And you dont need mass items for it to work.

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#8 Post by Reaper »

I've actually maxed terra smash and abberation more times than terra and dive. Abberation is so good for pushing.. It full heals the unit, giving it like 3 times the hp, double damage or so, etc. I haven't ever seen the "extra abilities" from it though.
[Reaper]

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut

#9 Post by Dekar »

You can see them if you buff a unit that overflowed to you or another player still in the game ( if it wasnt fixed in the actual version, else you can take a look at it in an older ). It is a spellbook and has has multiple skills in it.

You can also buff your own acos to allow them to repair during combat, or to follow you with the +9 armor aura, but they get no other skills. :D

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Yeah, my little brother loves to play Ascendant and always maxs Aberration, its like his favorite ability on that guy. He usually masses STr, turning Ascendant into a flying tank, basically. Lol, hes hard to kill, but I manage easy enough with TC. Cuz hes masses STr she almost always gets a full Den on him, doing about 2k dmg (our games usually last about an hour 1/2 and by that time we have several items, including Ults.) I personally think a AGi/STr hybrid makes a better Ascendant, he moves faster and it gets Dive up, but hes not convinced...Anyway.

crimso
Wanderer
Wanderer

#11 Post by crimso »

And if you're one of those people who likes carrying enemy heroes around the place, even a lvl 1 TS can be used as a short burst of speed to carry them that extra distance before they fall out of your grasp.

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#12 Post by A_New_Dawn »

So how does everyone else feel about Ascendant? Some were saying to make him AGi, nah, thats half the fun, a flying STr hero! Others just said hes plain OP, hmm, don't think hes quite that bad, a few slight changes (Abberation, maybe TS) would make him better overall, but hes not terribly strong for an STr hero, I know he flys but still, hes slow for one thing. Some heroes are just plain good against him though, you guys ever fight him with TC? omg, she can MORE than hold her ground agianst that bastard. Spam Ebb and his megga spawns are shitty. Also, cuz hes slow hes very vunerable to Degen. Plus the heal, Ult and her Innate, she can more than match him.

If you ever are having trouble fighting Ascendant, be TC nxt time, she owns him!
--A_New_Dawn

Highlord Asehujiko
Wanderer
Wanderer

#13 Post by Highlord Asehujiko »

The Asc is fine as it is exept for the impassable terrain exploit(and i don't mean that he can fly)

Fly in from the sides, Stomp right behind enemy hero, Dive in the general direction of your own creeps. This will badly maul all caster/archer creeps, disrupt their line and causes all the survivors to focus fire on the guy that shoved them arround; or rather, their own hero. If the enemy was somehow strong enough survive a full barrage from both sides, Stomp again as soon as they hit the ground. This will kill off most surrounding hostile creeps and slow the target, causing him to be surrounded by melee creeps. Fury the still scrambled creeps of the other team and Stomp+Dive the hero again should it be needed. Remember to always move towards your own area. He is also a great partner for Rue because he can hide inside(as in, flying at the same spot, the AI isn't fooled by this but humans are)the Bastion and even on a failed pickup he can push a hero straight into Rue's Mortal Strike. Also, Celerity enables him to chase things that he would otherwise outrun him because he literaly flies like a brick.

TS is not an area nuke, it's a very nasty slow that doubles as a short range sprint.

PS: Try aiming your Dives so the end point is inside some aoe effect. Geyser, Corona etc...

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#14 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Highlord Asehujiko wrote:TS is not an area nuke, it's a very nasty slow that doubles as a short range sprint.
TS isn't a AoE nuke? could have swarn it was, maybe not, haven't played Ascendant much.

Reaper
Retired
Retired

#15 Post by Reaper »

Well it's aoe damage, I'm pretty sure a 'nuke' is defined as a single target damage skill
[Reaper]

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#16 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Yeah, thats true, Lol, thought TS was AoE, would suck if it wasn't,