Corona

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Deathlust_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Corona

#1 Post by Deathlust_ »

After playing the Firelord hero, his ultimate graphic is really amazing to me. I was wondering if it was a customly made graphic or triggered at all. I suppose a PM would've been more appropriate, but I felt like other people might wanna know about this as well.

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

Re: Corona

#2 Post by Soulbourne »

I think just about every hero in game has a custom graphic...now imagine being on the 1-lane candle with setting of -allhero and -spawnrate 5, meaning that every 5 seconds another waves coming out(until max spawns is reached..by end of first skirmish) and every hero from both teams fighting it out, custom graphics everywhere...If your comp can withstand it, advantage, maybe, evil, unimaginably so...or so my friend said...
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Konnar
Regular
Regular

#3 Post by Konnar »

Yeah Yak creates some of his effects by directly modifying .mdx's

Laser_Wolf
Regular
Regular
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#4 Post by Laser_Wolf »

EotA is one of the best games I have seen for custom skills. I think Yak really outdoes himself sometimes. I especially like the Geiser and Ki Blitz for Oracle and Execute for Nephillim.
I go by the name of Lazar_Wolf.
I am not a tailor.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Just a model, no triggers. Brief description of how it's made:

Take a largish fire particle emitter (99% of what i do is with particles because I have no acutal modeling talent). Make sure it has a steady emission speed. Rotate it 90 degrees, so it shoudl now be blowing across the ground. Raise it off the ground a bit, push it outside to wherever the outer radius should be. Then just add the animation to cause it to rotate.

That's the basic single part of it. You'll never get it looking good with just one emitter, unfortunately, so you'd need to add more. I believe I used 8, evenly spread around a circle.

Unfortunately someday i need to go back and find a way to make it look less laggy yet not look as bad.

DarnYak

AnAngryBearDoctor
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Tehw00tz

#6 Post by AnAngryBearDoctor »

I have to agree, Execute was amazing the first time someone used in in test 6 I believe.
Backwards E's are badass

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#7 Post by Dekar »

I thought Corona has a real high quality model, but its just some particle emitters! :o
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

A_New_Dawn
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by A_New_Dawn »

Is it just me or do some of the heroes look "cleaner" than others? Also, I think Emberwraith's pyroclasm is way cool. Like after its finished all the flame shoots upward...way cool.

Exicute is cool too..