Item considerations

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

Re: Item considerations

#26 Post by jamn455 »

It doesnt have to reduce it by 700 damage as long as it doesnt kill you, because then if he must melee you to kill you, you should atleast be blitzing faster or have some backup plan such as blink.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#27 Post by DarnYak »

jamn455 wrote:Since lunge is physical, the armor would heavily reduce the damage, and you of all people should know that since you bitch how its a counter to infil, but apparently not.
Physical spells actually go by chaos damage if I remember right, which means they ignore all armor. Although its possible I changed this (one of the patches made it a hell of a lot easier then the original), I don't think I had.

DarnYak

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#28 Post by Discombobulator »

I thought chaos didn't ignore armor, just armor types, and pure ignored armor.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#29 Post by Dekar »

As the physical skill Sabotage cant deal damage to magic immune obelisk towers, you could think yak meant spell damage, not chaos.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#30 Post by DarnYak »

Discombobulator wrote:I thought chaos didn't ignore armor, just armor types, and pure ignored armor.
You're correct, I described it badly. Hate when people don't realize chaos damage is still reduced.

Point is, physical attacks are still pseudo spells in the aspect of not being reduced by armor. I could change it if I wanted, but I don't think anyone would be happy with that balance.

DarnYak

PredatoryKnight
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: PredatoryKnight

#31 Post by PredatoryKnight »

So.... is the point of this that the infiltrator too weak against certain items.... I wouldn't think that there are games so competitive that you need to worry about these minor balance issues. Most games are pub stomps. (even when you don't want them to be)

DarkNemesis
Retired
Retired
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

#32 Post by DarkNemesis »

PredatoryKnight wrote:So.... is the point of this that the infiltrator too weak against certain items.... I wouldn't think that there are games so competitive that you need to worry about these minor balance issues. Most games are pub stomps. (even when you don't want them to be)
In a few cases, I've had to played against a hp-buffed Inf. This, cupped with her evasion/invisibility talent, makes her almost impossible to kill, even with just a slightly decked out health orb.

A good player with strength as a focus on the infiltrator is as close to pub smashing as I've seen. Particularly against weak heroes and/or inexperienced hereos, which you can more often than not one shot anyway with backstab, even without added agility.

Bottom line, Eota have hero imbalances, of course. But that's what teammates and certain items are for. Countering those imbalances.
Reaper: If you seriously think America is the best country ever you are brainwashed. Fact.
DarkNemesis: Reaper, you're an idiot.