What is deathblow?

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
randomd00d
Regular
Regular

What is deathblow?

#1 Post by randomd00d »

Hey everyone. I have checked the wiki and done some testing of my own. However, I cannot figure out what deathblow does. If it does not kill, it creates a debuff that simply states that if the hero dies with this buff active, it will be considered a deathblow.

I have not seen any increase respawn time or other penalty or bonus associated with it though. Can anyone enlighten me please? Thanks!

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

Re: What is deathblow?

#2 Post by Discombobulator »

If the hero is killed under a deathblow, he loses 400 gold.
I'm this forum's MVP.

CryptLord1234
Addict
Addict

#3 Post by CryptLord1234 »

IIRC, it gives an AoE debuff to all allied units that reduces their damage by something like half, to represent them seeing their Hero get ripped to pieces / shaken apart / disintegrated / what-have-you before their eyes.

Of course, this only happens if the Hero that got hit by a Deathblow dies with the debuff on him.
"L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-op games. . ." Like L4D promised to hand us new maps, survivors, and zombies? We've seen how that works.

Highlord Asehujiko
Wanderer
Wanderer

#4 Post by Highlord Asehujiko »

Most DD spells have the deathblow effect. If a hero gets killed while under the effect, all nearby troops loose 25% attack damage for 15 sec. See it like Doom from standard TFT, exept that it spawns a debuff instead of a creature.

randomd00d
Regular
Regular

#5 Post by randomd00d »

Ah cool. Thanks for the info!

I finally found mention of it in the change logs, but its nice to have the exact info. :-)