anyone hosting lately?

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

anyone hosting lately?

#1 Post by Ikaika »

anyone on west been hosting eota latey? I've been on a few times and the eota channel has been down every time, with no one I know that plays online... been thinking it's somewhat... dead... when's the best time I could find a game that's more difficult than fighting the AI which is what I have been doing to entertain myself for a while now with lack of a host...

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

Re: anyone hosting lately?

#2 Post by Soulbourne »

I've been preoccupied or I would host, don't know if the others even get on normally.

If you have Xp, i might be able to help you set up hosting, post saying if you do, and I'll try to help if I don't forget about this site.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#3 Post by jamn455 »

Holy shit, people still play EotA?
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#4 Post by Tehw00tz »

I still hop online from time to time to see everyone but the EotA bot offline.
It makes me sad.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Kibiyama »

If you can find the elusive w00tz and Kibi in their natural habitat, you just might coax them into the hosting of a game. And if you're lucky, you may witness the hosting of the endangered EotA. It's a spectacular sight -- beautiful plumage.
Penis.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Storamin »

eota has returned to its dormant state prior to 1.11

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#7 Post by Ikaika »

yeah... I know how to set up whatever to host, but the thing is ever since I moved and had to get this new ISP, what I did that worked before doesn't work now, and I'm doing everything I did before, forward ports, turn off firewall, that's what did it, but not now >.<

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#8 Post by Tehw00tz »

Well I've never heard of your ISP, Qwest.
And no I'm not stalking you, it's the moderator powers.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#9 Post by Ikaika »

wtf are you talking about? I don't use qwest, it's some out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere phone company, we even called qwest and they said they don't have service out here.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#10 Post by Perhaps »

Well it may be that your ISP won't assign multiple IPs as needed. Blizzard games, as far as hosting only want to "talk" to the computer that has dominence of that IP. Generally you can choose which computer that is, by setting the computer you want host with's IP closest to 100 (last three digits of your network IP). In my case, though I have the same situation with my ISP, it's not so much of a problem because put Hyperwrt with Thibor on my computer, so I can just use "port redirect" accordingly.

One could hope that Starcraft 2 will have better network support. Rather than have to install 3rd party firmware to get the job done.

kinguvspaz
Visitor
Visitor

#11 Post by kinguvspaz »

I have recently discovered that while at school, I can host. I have also recently begun utilizing my amazing speeds of 18Mb down / 5Mb up to host. Look for me on east
O! it is excellent / to have a giant's strength / but it is tyrannous / to use it like a giant.

my team needs a buff

Ikaika
Visitor
Visitor

#12 Post by Ikaika »

ok, if I just assumed that your forum name was the same as on bnet would I be correct?

kinguvspaz
Visitor
Visitor

#13 Post by kinguvspaz »

yes, you would be correct. kinguvspaz or kinguvspazz... i can't remember if there are two Zs or only one
O! it is excellent / to have a giant's strength / but it is tyrannous / to use it like a giant.

my team needs a buff

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#14 Post by Soulbourne »

I've seen a couple games hosted in past few day while just looking through the games, so some people d host, and from what I remember a lot of people like EotA and would join if they saw one, it's just many like it but none can host.
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...