Map Selection Timer

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

Map Selection Timer

#1 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Increase map voting duration, and decrease character selection duration. Already a few times have I not got to vote because of lag box pops.

Shadow.M4L
Resident
Resident

Re: Map Selection Timer

#2 Post by Shadow.M4L »

i would also suggest to put a player number behind the maps so people dont choose a wrong map.

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#3 Post by Hammel »

All maps are for 5v5... but maybe a size would be nice (Storm Huge, Gloom Large, Kedge Small, Candle Tiny)

Ohh, and I wouldnt reduce the duration for hero selection... long ago we paused the game discussed for 5 minutes what to do/what heroes to pick etc. before we actually started... and 90 seconds is already quite short, sometimes (not in pubgames though)... yes, you could still pause the game, but that is one ugly option.

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

I agree heavily with decreasing the selection time, or starting 5-10 seconds after everyone has selected a hero (even if not confirmed). Lots of pubbers straight up leave during this time... and it annoys vets who just want to play.

Most games with vets start maybe 20 seconds into hero picking. If you really want to spend 5 minutes talking about hero selection you can still pause the game.

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#5 Post by Kibiyama »

A size hint would be great. I've never had any problems with the map selection time, but I wouldn't mind waiting a few more seconds if it's a problem for other people.
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

AlienFromBeyond
Resident
Resident

#6 Post by AlienFromBeyond »

I think 5-10 more seconds to vote, combined with stating the relative sizes of the maps, would help a fair amount.

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Kibiyama wrote:A size hint would be great. I've never had any problems with the map selection time, but I wouldn't mind waiting a few more seconds if it's a problem for other people.
Would be what? The second time I can actually agree with someone from the group. I don't really have a problem with 2on2 in Stormwail, it's mostly the other people in the equation. "gay", leaves, long hosting effort wasted.

Though, the problem I would see, is it would encourage selection of Candleburg and Gloomreap. No offense, but Gloomreap's miner management system is enough to make me want to stab a fork in my eye, and Candleburg the never ending back and forth crap for over an hours time is enough to make me want to blow my brains out.

Perhaps:
Stormwail (Large)
Gloomreap (Medium)
Kedge's Landing (Med-Long)
Candleburg (Small-Long)

-or-

Stormwail (5-Lane)
Gloomreap (4-Lane)
Kedge's Landing (2-Lane)
Candleburg (1-Lane)

mianmian
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by mianmian »

I never though it would happen ~~ :D
Gloomreap's miner management system is enough to make me want to stab a fork in my eye
I have to agree, I can't stand Gloom as it is.

I prefer the Lane notice, since thats one of the biggest differences, and it'll help people decide based on there numbers too ~~
-= I am the Grand Hammer =-
-Lithium flower

ashwa
Visitor
Visitor

#9 Post by ashwa »

longer map vote and add amount of lanes please