All Pick?

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.

Add cross-faction hero selection?

Yes
29%
No
58%
Other (explain)
5%
Don't Care
8%

Total votes: 38

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

Re: All Pick?

#26 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

I hope people take a good hard look at the post above me, and the attitude that says they'd rather a dead map than a popular one.

LordSuzaku
Regular
Regular

#27 Post by LordSuzaku »

I believe EotA is not centered around the hero. If you put in -ap or -ar it will gradually become more and more like DotA. If you want -ar or -ap, play a DotA game. And I say what I think is best for EotA, If you hate me for it you can go to hell.
Last edited by LordSuzaku on September 6th, 2007, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Disclaimer*

LordSuzaku does not have complete control of his opinions as he is actually a pair of brothers.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#28 Post by DarnYak »

I think the thing that suprises me the most about this is the strong opposition rather then a general "I won't be playing that mode so i don't care".

DarnYak

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#29 Post by jamn455 »

In all honesty, the map is pretty much dead other than a small group that plays it. I know that pool and I have tried to start up a game numerous times that were like ghost towns after a few minutes, noone joins and we just figure to give up. I am not sure if a new mode will do anything for it, but I would rather not have all pick in EotA.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#30 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

Well, you may just say "it's just a hosting option," but players may become customed to it, and we could very well end up with the standard of join beggers (someone begging the host to host another map or beg for features) and leave if you don't set it to that. And this isn't just a throw out feature, I've seen similar with many other maps/games, a good example was hosting 1.10 about two weeks after 1.11 came out.

But all in all, it's not my map, so change until your heart is content, thankfully I got plenty of other things to enjoy. ^_^ .v

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#31 Post by Tehw00tz »

FutatsuNoOmoi wrote:thankfully I got plenty of other things to enjoy. ^_^ .v
Then why are you still here.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

FutatsuNoOmoi
Resident
Resident

#32 Post by FutatsuNoOmoi »

I'll try to be civilized... Did I say it's in a complete state of disrepair yet? No... Would I play if it was? No, I'd focus more on the other things I enjoy. Would I play it if it wasn't in a state of disrepair? Yes. Now, let's think logically, and go back to the first question and answer. And keep looping this until you get it.

Storamin
Addict
Addict

#33 Post by Storamin »

i voted yet :(

Ocean.dll
Regular
Regular

#34 Post by Ocean.dll »

I would not want a pizza with carrots and gravy, nor would I want a stew with bacon and pineapple. They just don't taste right unless they have the proper ingredients.
"RAWRR" -closing lines of Big Trouble in Little China

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#35 Post by Elreth »

I dunno, I think you might be on to something with that bacon and pineapple stew...

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#36 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

DarnYak wrote:I think the thing that suprises me the most about this is the strong opposition rather then a general "I won't be playing that mode so i don't care".

DarnYak
Just to be clear - I like it very much. I think it's a good idea because it could add diversity to the game and how it's played. It might be unbalanced and have to be removed, but honestly, does that not say more about general game balance than about balance of a certain mode?

Go for it, Yak.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#37 Post by jamn455 »

Be quiet Jennifer.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Furion
Resident
Resident

#38 Post by Furion »

As mentioned above it would add some diversity, this i wont like to pla ap all the time.
But it could offer some interest from time to time, just to play around, i mean come on its a fun map after all.
Maybe some food diversity would make it more attractive
Let our last stand burn a memory so bright it will be remembered FOREVER!

-Artanis

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#39 Post by Elreth »

SeasonsOfLove wrote: It might be unbalanced and have to be removed, but honestly, does that not say more about general game balance than about balance of a certain mode?
What? No, as clever as that sounds; It doesn't. The only thing is says about the general game balance is that it can't handle an unplanned drastic change of rules. That'd be like changing the support beams off a building from metal to candy at the last second; and honestly, does that not say more about the building's design than about the validity of candy as a construction material?

Kibiyama
Addict
Addict

#40 Post by Kibiyama »

I think it just says that heroes in EotA are not self-contained units. There will be balance issues, but people using that game mode should just recognize and accept that. As long as it's not the default game mode, I don't care what other people want to do. (And as long as regular-game heroes aren't changed too drastically to balance all-pick)
98% of all people think Perhaps is a faggot. If you are in this 98%, put this in your sig.
Tehw00tz wrote:I miss my headset. This headset only covers two of my ears.

Elreth
Resident
Resident

#41 Post by Elreth »

Kibiyama wrote:There will be balance issues, but people using that game mode should just recognize and accept that. As long as it's not the default game mode, I don't care what other people want to do. (And as long as regular-game heroes aren't changed too drastically to balance all-pick)
I agree completely with this; but especially the part about how people should recognize that it won't be completely balanced. Im not sure a random bnet player will realize that its not the way the game was meant to be played and then they might go around saying how imbalanced the map is.