The Grim Brigade

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#51 Post by Dekar »

Oracles Geyser is non channeled, deals about 2700 dmg to buildings with lvl 4 and 200 int ( not very much needed from items ), prevents buildings from beeing repaired, deals damage to whole waves while dealing GOOD damage to them ( 500+ per hit ), makes she and her allies invulnerable to melee heroes, has AoE, stops channeling, disables enemys while throwing them away, makes heroes stuck on cliffs and behind trees.

This is basically Grand Rune + Sabotage and Immolation mixed up in a deadly combination of DOOM FROM HELL that lasts for 18 seconds to bringt total devastion among the puny living.

Even sabotage needs towers to be damaged at least 25% to kill them and has none special effect ( and isn't really usefull against mainbuildings who get repaired between sabotage by 2 worker ). A shorter cooldown just doesn't make up for this all.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#52 Post by Strychnyne »

I am having real issues with the UD. Not the heroes, but the general game play. EVERY game I play, be it for or against the UD, their top expansions disappear. Obviously I checked the towers HP and ATK and everything, but frankly, they go down every time. I think it's the balancing of the units. The other teams seem to cut through them like butter. I can't find any reason why though. Yet, every game, the top expansions go down when the heroes are averaging at lvl 13, so they're not doing much to take it down. I just lost a rather embarassing game against some mystery players who were damn good, and I am rather angry. That is all.

Good job otherwise, ESPECIALLY with Ethereal healing.

EDIT: As for Rue, I love him. Absolutely love him. ESPECIALLY for his aura. It's constantly damaging enemies ALL THE TIME! By the time you hack through the melee, the archers are at like half life. It costs no mana. It's like Immolation, just huge area. I love it. You can change between auras almost constantly. Get the Tali of the Sun and you can just wreck with spawns. 25% damage reduction? TO TOWERS?! Lovely. I'm spewing because I have to run, but the reason I fell in love with him is his auras.

And quick question, does the UD have something to counter Rune Shell?

Hammel
Addict
Addict
Location: The other side of the world... wait, the world is flat, right?

#53 Post by Hammel »

Strychnyne wrote:And quick question, does the UD have something to counter Rune Shell?
One of Neph's skills also "weakens magical defenses"... guess it was Plunder out of the War line... (apart from stealing a minor amount of gold and stealing/dispelling a buff)

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

Re: The Grim Brigade

#54 Post by Seig_2 »

well, first of all thank you so much yak for the new heros, theyre all awsome and a lot of fun. i love the emberwraith and sorrow leige :) they own.
hmm, i think all the heros are balanced except for a few. ie ascendant/nepillium. here are my reasons. ascendant just gets too frickin strong to tank with most heros cuz hes STR. my brother played him and buffed him out at +6000 hp, lol, i was joram. lets just say he was frikin hard to kill. nep just has too many good abilities to take.
my friend was him a would 2shot fully specd infiltrator. lol.

not sure what advise to give u. just reconsider nep and ascendant.

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#55 Post by Seig_2 »

lol, i love SL too stychnyne! hmm, dont use his AOe auras really cuz they dont do a whole lot of dmg, but his magic reduction is absolutly op! get him the robes and hes got -55 magic dmg reduct. so crzy, l love it. hmm, so how do u spec him?

i usually go somthing like this,

orb if skill
robes of resistance or plate helm (depending on the heros.)
4 rings of might.

i also upgrade his damage alot so he hits like a train (lol he do anyway but whatever).
as for utls? usually go talisman, demon's horn.

Perhaps
Retired
Retired

#56 Post by Perhaps »

Based on what you've stated and analyzing it. I can assume that you're an unrefined player, that is your games aren't decided before the points of "rediculous strengths" are acheived.

Storamin
Addict
Addict
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)

#57 Post by Storamin »

Perhaps wrote: Based on what you've stated and analyzing it. I can assume that you're an unrefined player, that is your games aren't decided before the points of "rediculous strengths" are acheived.
Perhaps.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#58 Post by jamn455 »

Why in the fuck do you guys insist on helping the revival of this dead post?
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Seig_2
Regular
Regular

#59 Post by Seig_2 »

doin fine Darnyak, love the heros. some people were saying ember and defil are op. i disagree. u can one shot armies what most of the heros anyway with 2oo int. so that isnt a valid argument. but he is frikin hard take out. he might be a little op, not sure yet. anyway. as far as ember goes, leave him how he is, u already nerfed him slighty didnt u? good chiose, he was a little op in 1.11c but hes good how he now.

BLUEPOWERVAN
Regular
Regular

#60 Post by BLUEPOWERVAN »

jamn455 wrote:Why in the fuck do you guys insist on helping the revival of this dead post?
Every post on this forum is dead, what is wrong with talking about the grim brigade...

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#61 Post by jamn455 »

They are dead... like this topic.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Strychnyne
Addict
Addict

#62 Post by Strychnyne »

What I want to know is where the hell did all this activity come from? Look at this place! I'M POSTING! What the hell? Whose fault is this?

Soulbourne
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Soulbourne-Destroy all imitators...

#63 Post by Soulbourne »

Strange forces are at work...Listen they are trying to tell us something....Something about things being alive....
Click here to help growth.

Sarcasm is conveyed often times by tone of voice. Since writing does not have definite tones because of different views, I suggest we from now on color sarcasm blue as in other forums.

Please come here and click each egg...

Highlord Asehujiko
Wanderer
Wanderer

#64 Post by Highlord Asehujiko »

My first post here, thought i'd made it a constructive one.

Long ago, i played 1.10 a few times(i can't host on b.net so most of my experience is offline) and the next time i saw the map mentioned somewhere, 1.11e was out. I downloaded it and played a few times.

So far the balance seems about right, with the Grim Brigade being at a very slight disadvantage.

I played it a few times offline to test out the different heroes and i got a few things to say:

-Corona needs a slight nerf. Currently Emberwraith can stand ontop of a cliff and massacre the lane below without doing anything. Perhaps removing fog arround him for the people that get hit? As if he's attacking them.
-Ravenous Dive can get people stuck ontop of cliffs and the like. I am aware that Darnyak is trying to fix this currently so i won't make an issue out of it.
-I didn't extensively test all new heroes yet but so far i noticed that Plight seems to be the glass cannon of the GB, instead of the supporter/pusher the game calls him. In straight combat, he doesn't stand a chance to pretty much anything(exept Neph when he's having a bad skill day but they are on the same team so it doesn't matter) but when used as an assasin he's not only good at owning entire lanes, but also butcher whoever was unfortunate enough to be pushing there without backup.

Ravenous Dive from behind will scramble an entire battle formation by shoving ranged into melee. At worst, the enemy hero is now surrounded by ghouls and all of the squishy spawns are with him, with the furbolgs/footmen moved to the side. At best, he is picked up and all of his own troops will fire a volley or two at him. Next up, Terra Stomp. It slows down escape from a pretty dangerous situation and also damages/kills all his ranged spawns. Shimmer to get some distance and use Hell's Fury while the enemy is still figuring out how to escape the spawns he is surrounded by. If he threatens to escape, another Terra Stomp will most likely cause him to be caught and surrounded by your own spawns and you can close up to utilize the full lenght of Ravenous Dive again, sending him far into your own terrain. If it looks like he will still get away, Stonegaze a wall of your own troops and wait for your cooldowns.

Ive turned battlefields where i was outnumbered 3 to 1 and with a equal level hero to a victory while taking hardly any damage.

I didn't notice any IWIN buttons or large imbalances. If you get owned by Plight's combo's, you earned it because you weren't paying attention to the area behind you.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#65 Post by Dekar »

Iirc Plight can get mass Str items to boost Terra Stomp, resulting in a HP giant who doesnt need to hide behind Gravel or the DK. And I think you can get Terrastomp high enough to instant kill melee units, but it should be a bit more item intensive than with other heroes.

I never go for primary TS though, creating armys of giants and dragging heroes into them is more fun. :mrgreen:
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer