AI Fun

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

AI Fun

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Just finished some changes to the AI and ran a test game. Turned out to be one of the strangest games I've seen.
AI Replay - Dwarf Trap1.jpg
First we have a kinda "clever" yet completely random dwarf trap. He wants to teleport home, but can't cause he sees the wolf fighting Windbag (who's trapped). And he can't walk cause of the invisible wolf in front of him. And Windbag can't kill the wolf, nor the wolf kill Windbag. I guess this is to be expected of dwarves.
AI Replay - Dwarf Trap2.jpg
This is how it ended. I have no idea how so many units got up there, maybe some other hero came up to "help". Not TC, she's hostile. And effectively stuck too now.
AI Replay - Ob Control Tree.jpg
And here we have the rare Obelisk Control Tree. Not that amazing, but I was taking screenshots so why not.
AI Replay - Ghoul Party1.jpg
And here we have a bunch of ghouls in the middle of nowhere and I have NO IDEA WHY. It's not really near a base. It shouldn't be a rally point for anything, yet it seems to be. And only ghouls for no apparent reason. I usually crop screenshots but I left this one full to make it clear where it is.
AI Replay - Ghoul Party2.jpg
A short time later I look back to find this. Apparently they were there to intercept a sneak attack or something. Speaking of which...
AI Replay - Waygate.jpg
Here we have Blue suddenly sending a large force through the waygate to beat on Red's front door. Again, I have no idea how or why this occurred, but it did a great job of blocking reinforcements for a while. Everything started going downhill for Red from here, I think it was stunned by the clever tactics Blue was using. So it tried some of its own...
AI Replay - Mass1.jpg
Red started massing for a big surprise attack!
AI Replay - Mass2.jpg
With even more units!
AI Replay - Mass3.jpg
Oh no! Blue comes from behind the base and spots it!
AI Replay - Mass4.jpg
Fenris rushes in with his wolfpack to personally deal with the threat.
AI Replay - Mass5.jpg
And somehow he ends up trapped next to the tower there. I have no idea how he could possibly get through that many units to get stuck right there. He doesn't have dream run so that wasn't it. And without dream run, he's screwed. At least you diminished the threat, good job!
AI Replay - Main.jpg
And here we have Blue assaulting Red's main. The minimap shows that pretty much everything is still up except mid and bottom, I hadn't seen the AI really push into the main so well without taking out all the other bases first. Not shown is that most of the forces are pouring through the waygate to go around some of the lanes.
AI Replay - Road.jpg
Another inexplicable result. It's hard to see from just a screenshot, but there's a line of creeps going north on the left side of the road, with another line going south on the right side of the road. I never figured out where the ones going north were headed.
AI Replay - Shop.jpg
And one fun bug to end it. Here's 4 TC clones perpetually trying to shop at the Ancient of Wonders. But they're only clones, so they can't. But they keep trying. Which also made me realize the TC clones are getting money that they shouldn't be.

I'm sure some of these are the result of bugs I'll clean up before I release it, but in a way I don't want to fix them becuase its pretty entertaining like this.

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: AI Fun

#2 Post by Dekar »

That looks entertaining than I expected.

Is any of it intended behavor or is it just the most awesome bugfest? :P
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AI Fun

#3 Post by DarnYak »

I tweaked the command tower logic, so some of it is semi-intended. Back pathway attacks will still happen and probbaly a bit more common then before, but stuff like intercepting that shouldn't be happening intentionally. The giant build-up is somewhat intentional, except it shouldn't last to the point the armies get to that size.

DarnYak