JUST AN IDEA ABOUT EOTA

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
pavle_634
Wanderer
Wanderer

JUST AN IDEA ABOUT EOTA

#1 Post by pavle_634 »

I been playing this game for the past 2 years, and I reckon it never hot the respect it needed. At the same time as I started playing this I started playing league of legends, since than I always been wondering what if eota was a stand alone game. I mean its unique and does have the potential, to bring in a good player base.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: JUST AN IDEA ABOUT EOTA

#2 Post by DarnYak »

Yea it'd be cool, but it's not going to happen since #1 I never was fortunate enough to get any developers attention and #2 they seem far more interested in making identical copies of DotA. Plus, honestly, the EotA fanbase is so small it'd be pretty hard to justify it. Maybe when I get around to the sc2 version...

DarnYak

pavle_634
Wanderer
Wanderer

#3 Post by pavle_634 »

I mean all the effort you been putting in is comming to an end. It's like appart of me is dying with this game, I wish we could just start a team, get working. My granpappy said its never too late till you quit. I just wish more could be done so future generations see the light of this game.

pavle_634
Wanderer
Wanderer

#4 Post by pavle_634 »

And it would be cool be cool to have steam clan and a facebook page dedicated to eota. Since its such a hustle to join up for a forum than go to the site every day to check if some one posted.
There is allot of benefits to having a fb page for eota.
Here are some of them .-
Fb is the biggest social working site in the world
Less of hustle to join a page of fb than to join a forum
It helps allot of ames get support.

And if people in larger watercraft communities knew about this it would be cool, like garena.

And I wish it was easier for twilight to get an all pick option .

In my opinion its the general stuff that should be fixed to give the game an edge.
It would be cool to have a discussion on what should be kept and whatshould be thrown out if the game was to be remade on sc2.
I mean if we can keep the cool stuff about the games and throw out the the stuff that ruin the experience
of gamer, it would be awesome.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#5 Post by watermelon »

Steam Group
We try to have games on Sundays, not sure if that's still happening.

A Facebook page for WCIII EotA is probably too late now.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

In my opinion its the general stuff that should be fixed to give the game an edge.
It would be cool to have a discussion on what should be kept and whatshould be thrown out if the game was to be remade on sc2.
I mean if we can keep the cool stuff about the games and throw out the the stuff that ruin the experience
of gamer, it would be awesome.
That's more or less part of the plan already (why would I keep bad ideas in?), although I would be curious to see what other people think these are.

DarnYak

pavle_634
Wanderer
Wanderer

#7 Post by pavle_634 »

Level capacity for twighlight should be shorter. Balance out the spawn creepers, I just played it and found that summoned creeps are too over powered and should be killed of. I like the gold mine idea and it gives the played an objective either than just destroying the core, but would it be possible to just kill the gold mine and that
Resummons the tower that protects it, kill of all the summoning units , it just makes the game more difficult and and harder, the strength of the units should be upgraded automatically over time, so players can waste their crystals on upgrading abilities.

Here's my idea about gold mines-killing of the tower it neutralizes the gold mine, if you ever play dominion in league of legend, it too hard to explain you should watch a vid about dominion, its not the idea I like its concept. It would be good incorporate if possible.
It's just my ideas i would like to expand on it but right now I'm on my mobile and its giving me hell.

pavle_634
Wanderer
Wanderer

#8 Post by pavle_634 »

If have time check out "blizzard all stars" that's comming out for sc2. It copied eota's item system.

pavle_634
Wanderer
Wanderer

#9 Post by pavle_634 »

Here is my balance for eota twilight-
2 teams of 4 or 6 players battle ur our on 3 lane map.
Crystals are gained from kills and assists, 2 for a kill 1 for a assist.
3 towers are located on the way to each team's base, each tower is protecting a gold mine, upon destroying tower a towers pawns facing the enemy teams base, making the gold mine yours.
Each time a minion wave passes the the mine it either get extra troops or it gets buffed couldn't decide)
The items that are bought the hidden shop now should cost crystals and only one person on the team should have it.
And you can infuse items and will cost crystals, the more you infuse the more crystals it would cost. Every time you infuse its counted as an upgrade.
Max Upgrade items 4 times,
Buying the items from the secrete shop should cost crystals, and in mode called "pro" only one person in the team can carry that item, and there us a extra item slot for the crystal items so you can only carry one at a time.
Draft mode allows people to pick the full team, and after the pick 2 heroes will be banned from the team which are a threat and repicked. repicking should be done by shots, so one team goes than the other one and than the team again and the other team again.
That's what I have so far in my head

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by DarnYak »

Level capacity for twighlight should be shorter.
I like the effects of no real level cap and have no intention to remove it.
Balance out the spawn creepers, I just played it and found that summoned creeps are too over powered and should be killed of.
I can't figure out what units you're talking about.
the strength of the units should be upgraded automatically over time, so players can waste their crystals on upgrading abilities.
Crystal has never been tied to upgrading units. Automatic spawn upgrades are also bad, since it just negates heroes gaining power.

DarnYak

MadMusician
Wanderer
Wanderer
Battle.net name: Once upon a time, when I did play on Battle.net, it was Kesson-Daslef and RePaGeXL

#11 Post by MadMusician »

Once upon a time, years ago, I fondly remember EOTA being one of my favorite games on WC3. It was far from being DOTA: You actually needed a bit of brainpower to play it as well as skill.

So today, I actually got curious and wondered what happened to the community.

WC3 is a shell of it's former self. If you are still hoping EOTA will gain attention from it...well, the chances of that are minimal. In my opinion, you will be much better off either shoving it in the face of an independent developer, or better yet, making it a independent game yourself. You already have something to work off of; though the rest will certainly not be easy and time consuming.

This game is both entirely too unique and too good to let it simply die. It's downfall comes from people not knowing what it is.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by DarnYak »

WC3 is a shell of it's former self. If you are still hoping EOTA will gain attention from it...well, the chances of that are minimal.
Not at all. The only reason I started updating it again was I had a handful of ideas I wanted to test out before doing a wider implimentation in eota2 (for sc2, most likely). Then someone suggested I do a final cleanup and make the final version really polished. And a year and a half later I'm still updating it cause i can't fucking leave things unfinished.
In my opinion, you will be much better off either shoving it in the face of an independent developer, or better yet, making it a independent game yourself. You already have something to work off of; though the rest will certainly not be easy and time consuming.

This game is both entirely too unique and too good to let it simply die. It's downfall comes from people not knowing what it is.
Yea. It'd be surprisingly easy to rebuild in a new engine if I decide to just port all the content. I think i've spent the vast majority of my time working on EotA fighting with conceptual blocks trying to pick out just the right skill to fill that last slot on a new hero. That or fighting with wc3's horrendous editor/bugs.

DarnYak