Helmets: effects with sockets

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Sully24

Helmets: effects with sockets

#1 Post by SuIIy »

Dragonscale Mask
*Dragontamer’s Mask
Magic damage increased to 40% (up from 15%).
*Grinning Death
5% chance for enemy units to flee in terror for 4 seconds.
*Guise of the Witchdoctor
10% of the hero’s health is converted to twice that of mana.
Cost: 5950 gold/5 crystal

Plate Helm
*Bonelord’s Crown
Drains 4 points from a random attribute for 10 seconds.
*Kingsguard Great Helm
Aura: 20% damage increase (non-hero).
*Templar’s Helm
Buffed enemy units take 15% of their health in damage.
Cost: 5950 gold/5 crystal

Mana Circlet
*Interred Crown
Reduces healing effects by 75%.
*Blooming Wreath
Heals for 30 health per second in an AOE around the hero.
*Tiara of the Stars
Teleports the hero to a target location then teleports back after a short time.
Cost: 4950 gold/5 crystal

Helm of the Champions
*Bravado
Grants the hero 3 agility per enemy hero present for 12 seconds.
*Gallant Mask
Aura: +8 armor (non-hero).
*Stormcrown
10% chance to deal 60 damage per second for 12 seconds while attacking.
Cost: 5200 gold/5 crystal

Executioner’s Hood
*Zealot’s Cowl
Attacks restore 15 mana (hero only).
*Reaper’s Shroud
10% chance to deal 1,000 damage to enemy units (non-hero).
*Adjudicator’s Coif
Forces enemies to walk towards the hero.
Cost: 5140 gold/5 crystal

NOTE: This list is in no way accurate or detailed enough to lend credibility. In fact, more than likely, most of what I listed is useless and total bullshit, and therefore, you shouldn't take any if it seriously.
Last edited by SuIIy on November 16th, 2011, 1:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

Re: Helmets: effects with sockets

#2 Post by Sparda963 »

I cant imagine how many, if any of these, are correct. Your lack of a full explanation of this effect makes me think none of these are correct.

Executioner’s Hood
*Zealot’s Cowl
Attacks restore 15 mana.

That is wrong, and its a huge wrong at that. The full effect is Restores mana when attacking an enemy hero. Your's says its on every attack no matter the target. This is a huge difference on this item. Be more thorough and complete in what your posting for stats.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

SuIIy
Resident
Resident

#3 Post by SuIIy »

I cant imagine how many, if any of these, are correct. Your lack of a full explanation of this effect makes me think none of these are correct.

Executioner’s Hood
*Zealot’s Cowl
Attacks restore 15 mana.

That is wrong, and its a huge wrong at that. The full effect is Restores mana when attacking an enemy hero. Your's says its on every attack no matter the target. This is a huge difference on this item. Be more thorough and complete in what your posting for stats.
This was intended to be a simple list, not an explanation.

I may have abbreviated too much on some of them. But if you are unable to know what the effects of each item then perhaps you shouldn't be playing EotA. And I don't give a damn that you're an admin.
Last edited by SuIIy on November 16th, 2011, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#4 Post by jamn455 »

What do the Tauren Ballet Slippers do then?
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#5 Post by Kalrithus »

This was intended to be a simple list, not an explanation.

I may have abbreviated too much on some of them. But if you are unable to know what the effects of each item then perhaps you shouldn't be playing EotA. And I don't a damn that you're an admin.
First of all, if you intended it to be just a, "simple list, not an explanation" then preface your initial post saying so. The title of the thread being what it is suggests a list of the effects that can be gained on helms with a different socket item, which to be accurate would require enough explanation so that the reader isn't sitting there scratching their heads at the ambiguity of the "list".

Secondly, " But if you are unable to know what the effects of each item then perhaps you shouldn't be playing EotA."
I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to inform people of said effects for the Brand New Helms that were just implemented. The particular instance brought up by Sparda was a valid example of where your incomplete explanation for the effect of Zealot's Cowl made it seem much more powerful than it is. Typically you would thank someone for pointing out a mistake or oversight, not bash them for revealing the error.

Lastly, "And I don't a damn that you're an admin." Really? I realize you're probably leaving out a word by accident, happens all the time when I write long amounts, but this is a rather pointless challenging of authority. Sparda wasn't even being mean with his post, he simply requested that if you're going to post stats, "Be more thorough and complete in what your posting for stats." This is something that any reasonable person would want, after all would you enjoy being fed ambiguous or even false information while you're trying to learn something? Also he didn't even bring up the point that he was an admin, and he hadn't used any admin powers over your post either, so your seeming rage is unjustified.

P.S. I would like to thank you for taking the time together this list, however incomplete it may be.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by Sparda963 »

I wasn't trying to be mean or anything by saying this. I was just saying that in the single instance i know about your information was incomplete leaving the item to act completely different then what it is actually intended to do. Even if your doing a simple list, if your going to post specific stats they need to be complete and correct.

Zdig25
Visitor
Visitor
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: KingOHearts

#7 Post by Zdig25 »

jamn455 wrote:What do the Tauren Ballet Slippers do then?
^I think those should be added XD^

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by Sparda963 »

as for the comment about admin powers, i have no idea what that is directed at. i don't ban people or anything stupid like that because someone is upset.

SuIIy
Resident
Resident

#9 Post by SuIIy »

First of all, if you intended it to be just a, "simple list, not an explanation" then preface your initial post saying so. The title of the thread being what it is suggests a list of the effects that can be gained on helms with a different socket item, which to be accurate would require enough explanation so that the reader isn't sitting there scratching their heads at the ambiguity of the "list".

Secondly, " But if you are unable to know what the effects of each item then perhaps you shouldn't be playing EotA."
I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to inform people of said effects for the Brand New Helms that were just implemented. The particular instance brought up by Sparda was a valid example of where your incomplete explanation for the effect of Zealot's Cowl made it seem much more powerful than it is. Typically you would thank someone for pointing out a mistake or oversight, not bash them for revealing the error.

Lastly, "And I don't a damn that you're an admin." Really? I realize you're probably leaving out a word by accident, happens all the time when I write long amounts, but this is a rather pointless challenging of authority. Sparda wasn't even being mean with his post, he simply requested that if you're going to post stats, "Be more thorough and complete in what your posting for stats." This is something that any reasonable person would want, after all would you enjoy being fed ambiguous or even false information while you're trying to learn something? Also he didn't even bring up the point that he was an admin, and he hadn't used any admin powers over your post either, so your seeming rage is unjustified.
"False Information" is a completely wrong word choice. And you and Sparda are looking for something you're never going to find. As I said before, this was never intended to be an explanation or detailed account of the items. I simply put them here as a quick reference, so you you'd get a basic idea of what each effect did. Nothing more. You act as though I'm completely lying to you people about what each item does. Yes, a minor error in regards to the Zealot's Cowl....but get over it.
Typically you would thank someone for pointing out a mistake or oversight, not bash them for revealing the error.
How about just saying "you forgot this" then? Instead, Sparda went on a long tirade ranting about how horribly inaccurate it was. I found little that was helpful from that.

P.S. Judging from your personal views of me and our relatively negative opinions of each other (last weekend's challenge?) I'm not sure we should be spending huge amounts of time and space detailing each other's posts, especially when the chance for a cheap personal jab can quickly overall a reasonable assessment. Just a thought.

Mills
Addict
Addict

#10 Post by Mills »

Zdig25 wrote:
jamn455 wrote:What do the Tauren Ballet Slippers do then?
^I think those should be added XD^
Look harder.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#11 Post by watermelon »

Thanks for posting this list.

Like the others, I do think your abbreviation in some areas made it hard to understand what the item's effect does. I'm expecting that you will eventually go back and edit this list like you said in the other thread.

Don't you think you're...overreacting to what Sparda and Kalrithus said? Although you guys may dislike each other, I'm sure they could have written much meaner posts that specifically attacked you instead of only criticizing the list.

jamn455
Corpse
Corpse

#12 Post by jamn455 »

SuIIy wrote:

"False Information" is a completely wrong word choice. And you and Sparda are looking for something you're never going to find. As I said before, this was never intended to be an explanation or detailed account of the items. I simply put them here as a quick reference, so you you'd get a basic idea of what each effect did. Nothing more. You act as though I'm completely lying to you people about what each item does. Yes, a minor error in regards to the Zealot's Cowl....but get over it.
Typically you would thank someone for pointing out a mistake or oversight, not bash them for revealing the error.
How about just saying "you forgot this" then? Instead, Sparda went on a long tirade ranting about how horribly inaccurate it was. I found little that was helpful from that.

P.S. Judging from your personal views of me and our relatively negative opinions of each other (last weekend's challenge?) I'm not sure we should be spending huge amounts of time and space detailing each other's posts, especially when the chance for a cheap personal jab can quickly overall a reasonable assessment. Just a thought.
Sparda spent like one line talking about how parts of the list were wrong and could be clarified a bit more to help everyone out. I wouldn't exactly call that a long tirade or rant talking about how stupid you were, just the fact that your lack of details caused some misconceptions of the socketed helmets.
Line 'em up.
"Black people don't play Mega Man, they play with guns or some shit." - Ion
"If it takes two whole days for a giraffe, you know that giraffe is a tall one." - Wade Phillips

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by Sparda963 »

5% of people like ice cream

5% of people like strawberry ice cream

your saying they say the exact same thing, in reality leaving out a single word completely changes whats being said. i don't how i can make this example any more simple. as i said before if your dealing with statistics and numbers, you can't abbreviate or leave information out. anyway, this flame-war needs to stop.

SuIIy
Resident
Resident

#14 Post by SuIIy »

this flame-war needs to stop.
I completely agree.

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#15 Post by BustroQuick »

I'm closing this thread. You are welcome to put this kind of information on the wiki and have discussions on accuracy there.