The Behemoth

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

The Behemoth

#1 Post by Crazyedd »

Anybody tried him out yet? I tried him out on a lan game against AI with 'fullskills' mode active.

I love the 'Anchor' spell, it really works as a hero killing tool, plus it adds abit of physics to the game :lol:
'Miasma' is pretty good, though I haven't been able to see what the 'miasma bugs' do.
What I like about this hero is the 'right click'/'esacape' method of activating spells. It's like having two spells in one.

I'm curious though, why wasn't this hero added to the orcs, he looks like them and could easily fit into their race. The glacial tyrant must be feeling quite lonely at the moment. Any new hero ideas for the orcs?

Either way, great work. It must be quite hard making unique heros after all this time, yet it is still possible by the looks of it.

SuIIy
Resident
Resident
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Sully24

Re: The Behemoth

#2 Post by SuIIy »

'Miasma' is pretty good, though I haven't been able to see what the 'miasma bugs' do.
The bugs, or "blood flies" I believe is what Yak named them, are similar to the locusts in Rothwyn's innate or even the pixies from treant, though they seem to hit much harder and require corpses to work. Duh. I was playing with Miasma recently and noticed it's not hard to get the flies to do well over 50 dmg per second, even with a moderately small amounts of added str. If you're skillful in using the anchor spell (which can be hard to do), and strategically cast this ability, it makes really hard for units to knock you down and you can become wealthy really fast. The only down side to putting 6 levels in this skill is that it doesn't really become nasty until about rank 3, and that's with the talents. However, it really great late game ability.
I'm curious though, why wasn't this hero added to the orcs, he looks like them and could easily fit into their race. The glacial tyrant must be feeling quite lonely at the moment. Any new hero ideas for the orcs?
Yak is suppose to add several more heroes. And I believe the story behind the hero addressed this....assuming anyone actually reads it....

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular

#3 Post by Crazyedd »

Ye I read the story, so i guess that makes sense why he's on the GB team.

This hero is purely Str based, which is very good for making a tank-like hero. :wink:

I have to admit, I only played until my spells reached lvl 3-4, and I didn't even look at the spell values. Am I right in thinking this hero may need some slight nerfing? I could kill enemy heros so easily, however, this was the AI so I guess that's a given.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#4 Post by Kalrithus »

In c2 he received a rework on Maw of Death, nerfs to high level miasma flies, and a reduction on the break range on anchor making it easier to escape.

Anchor itself isn't hard to deal with because it dies to 1 charge of a dispel wand and can be meleed to death quite quickly at higher levels, also if you only manage to hit one hero with anchor it will typical be put underneath them, and if they are using the hold position command as melee they will auto target and kill it in a few seconds normally.

Maw of death does comparable damage to other normal nukes and requires the death of creeps in order to active its secondary effects, its quite balanced atm.

Miasma is still pretty good overall, just not exactly the slaughterfest it used to be with high str values. Combined with talents you can get a fair number of fly swarms which if I'm correct don't really act like Sully mentioned (not locust or pixies) but rather as mobile immolation wards. I could be wrong about this though. This lends itself to corpse stacking in hope of getting multiple flies stacked on top of one another for higher dps in a smaller area.

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular

#5 Post by Crazyedd »

I forgot to mention this. I think maw of death might need to be adjusted as far as tergetting is concerned. It's quite difficult to actually target a hero properly with the spell considering the fact that it has a small targetting radius but no 'lock-on' effect (the effect you get when targetting enemies with the cross-hair reticule).

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#6 Post by Kalrithus »

The radius is necessary because it normal effect is AoE and a very small one where aiming is important.

SuIIy
Resident
Resident

#7 Post by SuIIy »

fly swarms which if I'm correct don't really act like Sully mentioned (not locust or pixies) but rather as mobile immolation wards.
This is a fairly good example too, but my point was that it's based off of individual flies dealing dmg rather than an AOE effect such as Bane's acid pool or Arcane Archer's meteor pits. Of course, they don't "follow" you like the pixies tend to do :evil: and there's no dot dmg or burn effect.

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict

#8 Post by Kalrithus »

Actually I double checked and its just that, an AoE effect, they are stationary and deal immolation type damage around them

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by DarnYak »

The flies aren't stationary. They target either a random point, a corpse, or a unit (1/3rd chance of each), go to that point and hover there for a random time. They deal aoe damage to units in the swarm as well as causing miss chance.

DarnYak

SuIIy
Resident
Resident

#10 Post by SuIIy »

The spell claims individual (fly) dmg when you type in -spells?

Luftwaffles
Communist
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#11 Post by Luftwaffles »

Very useful hero. Didn't get anyone to try throwing the anchor but it's one of the coolest spell effects I've seen yet. His ult is amazing if you target someone standing in one place.
- Luftwaffles

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by DarnYak »

SuIIy wrote:The spell claims individual (fly) dmg when you type in -spells?
Yea, each fly swarm is independant damage, so if they stack up they can be kind of insane.

DarnYak

SuIIy
Resident
Resident

#13 Post by SuIIy »

Yea, each fly swarm is independant damage, so if they stack up they can be kind of insane.
Oh....wow :shock:

Didn't really consider that.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by DarnYak »

Oh yea:
I'm curious though, why wasn't this hero added to the orcs, he looks like them and could easily fit into their race.
Few reasons. First, I wanted to round out the undead, who many people still feel is lacking (part of that will hopefully be fixed with hero revamps). Second, every race is suppose to get a "Kedge-themed" hero, of which this guy is for the undead. Third, demons are extremely unlikely to be getting enough heroes to become a fully independant race anyway, I would almost move Tyrant to mercs if there weren't 2 more demon heroes in planning.

DarnYak

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#15 Post by Sparda963 »

why not add the demon heros to each map for the merc buildings, each map gets one of the demons.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

SuIIy
Resident
Resident

#16 Post by SuIIy »

2 more demon heroes in planning.
Another faction? :o :shock:

BustroQuick
Battle.net name: googlypoo

#17 Post by BustroQuick »

SuIIy wrote:
2 more demon heroes in planning.
Another faction? :o :shock:
Demon and Fel Orc are the same faction.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by DarnYak »

Code: Select all

Anchor 
-[Bugfix] The maximum slow rate was being improperly computed (units could actually move faster at higher levels)
-Dragging speed has been reduced (so you can actually outrun it now) 
-A target with more Strength than the Behemoth will have increased flexibility with the chain

R.I.P.tide 
-Zombie explosion damage range reduced from 200 to 150 
-Zombies will no longer explode untill they have completed their unburrow animation (takes 2.33 seconds)
-Zombie explosion damage significantly reduced 
DarnYak

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#19 Post by Tehw00tz »

Based Yak wrote: -Zombie explosion damage significantly reduced
thank you, Based Yak
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by DarnYak »

Based?

Tehw00tz
Corpse
Corpse
Battle.net name: ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

#21 Post by Tehw00tz »

yes.
ДɷϣRØLEɷӟP

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#22 Post by DarnYak »

I accept your apology.

DarnYak

Nick.Scryer
Visitor
Visitor

#23 Post by Nick.Scryer »

-A target with more Strength than the Behemoth will have increased flexibility with the chain
Very nice sir

SuIIy
Resident
Resident

#24 Post by SuIIy »

Except that's like 3 heroes :(

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Battle.net name: Dekar

#25 Post by Dekar »

Can you increase the size the of the Anchor?

It can be difficult to target when zoomed out and inside a wave. Does it have collision or can units overlap with it?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer