Lag

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

Lag

#1 Post by Crazyedd »

I recently played a game being hosted by the bot and there was alot of lag.
Apparently, everyone was experiencing it. It made it kinda of hard to play.

Do you think you should try using a different bot?

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: Lag

#2 Post by watermelon »

Ah, so this is your username on this forum. XD

Yeah, I played with him and it was pretty laggy. I'm not sure if it was the bot though because it did get better later on. (Or perhaps I caused the lag? o_O)

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

Was it network lag or fps lag? And was there a Gravel spamming earthquake (the #1 cause of fps lag)?

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#4 Post by watermelon »

No Gravel in this game. I didn't check the fps but the game would become laggy in random bouts.

Heroes Used: Tactician, Infiltrator, Defiler, Harpy, Time Cleric, Emberwraith, Divine Wizard, and Nephilim.
We played on Stormwail.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin
Battle.net name: Sparda963

#5 Post by Sparda963 »

were you playing on east west or euro server? I am not even at home right now so the only thing running on my machine and internet connection is the bot. Can't imagine something happening where it would max out my connection like but I will check on things when i get home sunday afternoon.
It's not rape if you yell surprise!

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#6 Post by watermelon »

I was on West. Not sure about the others.

Also, is the bot supposed to host games all the time? Because I don't always see them.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by Sparda963 »

It should be all the time. i have herd other people say they cant see it on the list and i have no good reason why that would be. the only thing i can say is that the game always appears on the very bottom of the list as the last game on it. I am not sure if thats the case for everyone or not though. So if you dont see it on the list try scrolling to the bottom and see if its there or not.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#8 Post by watermelon »

It doesn't always work for me. The game doesn't appear at all for me sometimes. Usually I need to wait a while before it's on the list. When it does appear, it's usually in the middle of the list for me.

Also, when I try to join the game by typing the game name, I get disconnected from BattleNet. This only happens when it's not on the list.

Sparda963
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by Sparda963 »

thats really weird, i have no idea why it would be doing that other then some issue with bnet or something

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

#10 Post by Crazyedd »

Sparda963 wrote:It should be all the time. i have herd other people say they cant see it on the list and i have no good reason why that would be. the only thing i can say is that the game always appears on the very bottom of the list as the last game on it. I am not sure if thats the case for everyone or not though. So if you dont see it on the list try scrolling to the bottom and see if its there or not.
I've noticed that, if a game is being hosted by a mutual friend, the game will appear at the bottom of the list. If your hostbot is considered your friend (not sure how hostbots work tbh) then its games will almost always appear at the bottom of the list.