Any Takers?

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

Any Takers?

#1 Post by Crazyedd »

hi, i'm new to this forum, but i've been playing eota for quite some time.

i was wondering if there'd be anybody interested in playing some games with me? i know how to use nearly every hero to certain extent (Burning Priest is still kinda the worst hero IMO).

or maybe someone could tell me if there's certain times eota is hosted.

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

Re: Any Takers?

#2 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

Crazyedd wrote:Burning Priest is still kinda the worst hero IMO
That you are saying that proves, to me, that you haven't figured out how to use him properly. He starts out weak but gets good quickly.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

For what its worth, I'm hoping to get a hostbot setup when 1.13 is released. I hope to do it this week, but I'm really busy and may have to delay it till August.

DarnYak

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular

#4 Post by Crazyedd »

SeasonsOfLove wrote:
That you are saying that proves, to me, that you haven't figured out how to use him properly. He starts out weak but gets good quickly.
tbh i never do give him a good chance, it's just that he only has about 2 stat-based spells (duration for skels, and healing flame).
but it seemed strange how his ulti isn't stat-based. it's very similar to RK's ulti and Incarnation's ulti mixed together, but you can only get its dps up to what the game will allow.

SeasonsOfLove
Resident
Resident

#5 Post by SeasonsOfLove »

Crazyedd wrote:
SeasonsOfLove wrote:
tbh i never do give him a good chance, it's just that he only has about 2 stat-based spells (duration for skels, and healing flame).
but it seemed strange how his ulti isn't stat-based. it's very similar to RK's ulti and Incarnation's ulti mixed together, but you can only get its dps up to what the game will allow.
The thing with the BP is that there's 2 completely different routes you can go.

One is the ultimate support/pusher/sieger route:
Level up Flame of the Devout and the buff (can't remember the name off the top of my head) and Firestorm. Don't use any abilities on anything else, just save them for those skills. Get Int boosters and armor boosters (the high-armor shield, for example), and just keep buffing your spawns, healing them, and pushing hard. Firestorm can be used wonderfully to siege towers with a FotD to help heal and another hero near you.

The other is the hero harass route:
Get Backfire and the Skellies/Phoenixes, and use them to just harass the shit out of any opposing heroes. Level up Int (I think that gives you skel duration?) and again, armor. FotD is also useful here, obviously, as is the buff, and you could use either of them instead of Backfire to push. But Backfire, if used against the right caster hero, will do damage. Firestorm is still great.

Firestorm is a wonderful spell in general. The DPS is incredibly high to start, and once it hits the 2nd level, it's absurd. You can take out towers in no time at all. It may not be stat-based, but it doesn't have to be, because it'll destroy everything very quickly.

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular

#6 Post by Crazyedd »

my favourite hero for sieging (and in general) on the human team is SB. if you give him a tank build with some evocation and intelligence you can push (incinerate) very far and hold off in their base.
use mend to heal yourself to last longer, then when you feel you have to go, use rend to blow up all the corpses that have accumulated. i usually stand next to either the towers or the outpost whilst the siege is going on so that the corpses are nearest to the structures.
if it weren't for SB's tendancy to gobble up his mana like a maniac, he'd probably be very OP.

my two cents anyway.

btw, is the 'clan eota' channel restricted because it's not in use or because you need to be invited to it?

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

#7 Post by Discombobulator »

It's empty.
I'm this forum's MVP.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by DarnYak »

Clan EotA's been dead for a year or two.

Random note: BP was one of the first, if not the first, hero put into EotA.

DarnYak