So...?

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.

In your opinion who are the 3 most effective DPS'ers?

Poll ended at August 31st, 2009, 3:16 pm

Swashy
23%
Inf
17%
Fenny
20%
Arcane Mistress
13%
Shammy
3%
Harpy
13%
Lich
No votes
Neph
3%
Naga
7%

Total votes: 30

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict
Realm: Lordaeron (U.S. West)
Battle.net name: Dark_Nemesis

Re: So...?

#26 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

whats a DSP????
You know what I mean.
Considering the title for this thread is "So...?" there's certainly lots of leeway about what we can talk about. I'm glad to see most people have accepted that it's PK heroes and who's best among them, but at this point that's more of a guideline then being truthful to the thread.

I think Aero by herself with her Tempest talent is better than some of the "PK" heroes you've mentioned up here. Her and Infiltrator are one of the best hero combos in the game (sad they have no in-game combos though). So I brought them up because they're interesting to talk about.
If you read the description, you would have noticed I mentioned "melee" dmg. So it is pretty straightforward and leaves little room for leeway imo, unless your talking about the heroes listed in the poll. Also, you'll notice I didn't mention anything about combos, I am merely asking which 3, overall, are the most effective DPS heros. Effective doesn't just mean the highest crits either, but several, smaller facets that help contribute to the heros overall effectiveness. Such as skills spent, items bought, etc.

America!

Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

#27 Post by Luftwaffles »

I more meant that instead of making a thread with a title that everyone could look at and go "oh there's the topic" you made it ambiguous. You should spend less time quoting people and answering Kalrithus' question about burst or sustained dps.
- Luftwaffles

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#28 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

about burst or sustained dps.
Effective is an interesting word, and should be thought out carefully before making a vote, although you do get three choices. I'll look into what he said.
You should spend less time quoting people
You are so much fun to quote though.

America!

Cokemonkey11
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Cokemonkey11

#29 Post by Cokemonkey11 »

This is very dependant. When I go int naga and max zen archery, she is an epic DPS.
I miss EotA :(

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#30 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

This is very dependant. When I go int naga and max zen archery, she is an epic DPS.
Shame on you, Coke! You forgot OP befuddle. :wink:

Totally agree though.... :lol: :D

America!

Kalrithus
Addict
Addict
Battle.net name: Roflfax

#31 Post by Kalrithus »

Still waiting on an answer so I can vote :(

Reaper
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Reaper777

#32 Post by Reaper »

Pure DPS
[Reaper]

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#33 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Still waiting on an answer so I can vote :(
I'd say sustained then.

America!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

Re: Top P'ker?

#34 Post by Dekar »

Dark_Nemesis wrote:I'm looking for a straight out melee dmg, namely agil-based.
Whats up with all the ranged heroes then? And neph is str, isnt he?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#35 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Neph is agility, and even if he was str, he is an exception.

Melee dmg in the sense of physical dmg, I probably should have wrote that in the first place though. I guess most DPS heroes consist of the classic melee agility-based types, forgot to add in the few others. :|

And can we simply vote and not worry about the tiny things?

America!

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Dekar

#36 Post by Dekar »

You wouldnt want to vote for your president without knowing about their agenda, would you?
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#37 Post by DarnYak »

Dekar wrote:You wouldnt want to vote for your president without knowing about their agenda, would you?
Welcome to America.

DarnYak

Waki_Miko
Visitor
Visitor

#38 Post by Waki_Miko »

I notice AA and Tactician are missing from the list.
Is Forlorn Martyr counted as well?

How about adding more heroes to the poll list?
I think the polls can have up to 25 options, so you can just exclude those heroes that can't easily fit dps builds (i.e. DW, Aero, Icespinner, BP, etc.)

My favourite's got to be a max Zen Archery Naga with Befuddle. With crit gloves, if I can afford it.
Shaman is probably a close second.
Tactician's nice too, with the long range + dmg bonus + ensnare + banner.
AA is also decent with Mass Haste and clever placement of Ice Wall.

Infiltrator, not too good once people can detect you... (or maybe i'm just not a very good player). Harpy's great if there's no one to nuke me...

Out of curiousity, anyone tried agi Bane with encouragement, or an Agi Frost Shield Tyrant or Agi Treant with entangle or tangleweed dps Dryad or dps Rune Knight or dps Colossus with crumble or a dps Ascendant (or anything else that doesn't seem commonplace)?
Do they work, or fail miserably?

Dark_Nemesis
Addict
Addict

#39 Post by Dark_Nemesis »

Out of curiousity, anyone tried agi Bane with encouragement, or an Agi Frost Shield Tyrant or Agi Treant with entangle or tangleweed dps Dryad or dps Rune Knight or dps Colossus with crumble or a dps Ascendant (or anything else that doesn't seem commonplace)?
Do they work, or fail miserably?
Actually, they (most of them anyway) work very well. Gravel is totally scary played with maxed crumble and earthquake. Add the blink totem and some dmg stuff and you become imba fast, too fast. I actually play Gravel this way, and forgo HOTM and ult.

Tyrant played with agil is also very effective, though I mix this with dmg/str as well. You'll want to forgo shield and ult even (his ult is less than impressive imo). Maxing Shatter and Cataclysm. Points into dmg, items would include Warrior's rings and agil items.

Bane I mix dmg with str, Warrior's and Str rings. Not strange build really, putting points into attack, str, and int. Max Breath and Encourage.

Dryad is actually quite impressive with Weed+agil, the crit gloves are also fun due to her high AS.

RK I have played as DPS several times, but have decided to stay away from this build. For me its a straight out tank with AoE support.

Treant is dmg all the way with me, always. Heavy Warrior's usually, may grab the utlimate orb. Usually end up with an the skill orb though, rings, and crit gloves.

DPS garg I haven't tried, nor do I think it will be anything impressive. I have seem dps gargs though, but the guy was a noob, so.... :(

Neph is also an very fine DPS hero too, though I don't remember with skills you get, shadow and blood? Who knows.

Lol, forgot Tact, can't believe I missed that one. I'll add it, thanks!

America!

aegir ravenking
Resident
Resident

#40 Post by aegir ravenking »

I have heard of a Battle DW build, I believe max Inspirations(the +evocation damage spell, also buffs the DW's damage) with +damage items and probably knights armor.
Dark_Nemesis wrote: I'm looking for a straight out physical dmg, namely agil-based.
Dark_Nemesis wrote:f you read the description, you would have noticed I mentioned "melee" dmg. So it is pretty straightforward and leaves little room for leeway imo, unless your talking about the heroes listed in the poll. Also, you'll notice I didn't mention anything about combos, I am merely asking which 3, overall, are the most effective DPS heros. Effective doesn't just mean the highest crits either, but several, smaller facets that help contribute to the heros overall effectiveness. Such as skills spent, items bought, etc.
So with or without skill points spent and/or using skills and/or passive only? If you mean innate only but with items and whatever hero level you want then there are only two options(maybe you could add harpy with the live steal/evasion innate). Even then single combat or groups of spawns? That kind of decides the winner there.

Add active skills that influence DPS we got a mess on our hands.
Formerly known as kevin.mentor.
Darlocks and Psilons forever!