Ion's Wacky Observations

A place to talk about general WC3 and EotA related stuff.
Luftwaffles
Communist
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Ion_Killer
WereWabbit
Canucklehead
Luftwaffles

Ion's Wacky Observations

#1 Post by Luftwaffles »

I am bored.

I saved replays of the last 30ish or so games that I've played (not necessarily in order but only missed a few). I'm not hardcore or bored enough to go in and actually get statistics, and until we follow Jamn's prophetic advice to expand to the Kalimdor/US-West Asian population and we actually get lots more die-hards I won't be touching on anything beyond speculation. However for fun, here's some things I noticed in my games.

Also please don't assume I'm calling something imba or saying change something. This is simply what I've noticed, and many factors could influence it.

- Aeromanceress pwns
It seems like even pubbies can play her well. Hold Person and Tempest with the talent damage upgrade have made her a beast in 4 of the games I've seen her played in. She actually gets a fair few PKs (between 3-10, in one game) and except in one game (a stomp) she wasn't really easy pickings for anyone.

- Harpy is meh
The new Swoop bug has trashed her DPS, and I do not see pubs killing wildly with her more; or at all. In fact, I only saw her in 3 games not including the ones I've played with her (perhaps word got around she's not ez win?) However, in all 3 of those games the Harpy took Bladerain :lol: (which, having gone Harpy three times myself and used it, isn't as horrible as people make it sound).

- Swash can be a beast
Contrary to what Disco has said, in more then 4 of the games I've played (too lazy to check for exact number) I've played against a Swash that p much kicked ass all game. Demo blow just seems to rip people apart. I think I've only played maybe one or two games out of that 30 where Swash was food, and most Swashes that were playing against me were pubs.

- AI is hilarious
I've had some p depressing AI deaths over the past 25 games. I'm not touching on every one, but some notable ones were: Kuri deciding he didn't want to fight a chase of about 30 creeps and 2 heroes anymore, just stopped and waited for them to molest him; AI BP slamming at a tower at full health, then dying trying to run to the new WP on bot (through base o_o); AI BP refusing to use spells of any kind (that aren't passive, even then if he could I'm sure he'd fight); AI Gravel using Rockslide backwards against a fountain, missing his target (RK) but kept going to red health anyway.

Most of this was late game except BP- whom I am convinced doesn't believe in magic (must be a very devout Christian).

- Nobody likes Lich, FM or Fugly and everyone loves Defiler
I actually played like 15 games against a Defiler (I ticked them off on a notepad). I can't blame people, his DoT is hella fun. I never saw one Lich, played FM maybe 2-3 times and played Fugly only against clannies and on my team.

- Everyone kills my bot
Every game my bot gets wrecked, whether or not I'm playing vs. pubs or clannies. It just always seems to die. Even though I won most of these games, I always end up losing it. I'm going to try and treat it better from now on.
- Luftwaffles

Discombobulator
Retired
Retired
Battle.net name: Karunecm

Re: Ion's Wacky Observations

#2 Post by Discombobulator »

I'm not saying Swash is weak, I'm saying noobs can't play him.

If someone new to the game can play him well, he's not a noob.
I'm this forum's MVP.

Empyrean
Wanderer
Wanderer
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Derakar

Re: Ion's Wacky Observations

#3 Post by Empyrean »

FM can be hella fun. I haven't seen many other heroes rip up rune knight like he can.

but yeah, in my last couple months i've seen the same trends. non-clannies always complain about fugly, and aero of course has an exceptionally strong skill set. and it's always a pleasant surprise when i'm not playing a game with inf, plight and defiler.

though i haven't noticed anything like what you're saying about the bot...