Nephilum Talents

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
randomd00d
Regular
Regular

Nephilum Talents

#1 Post by randomd00d »

Overall, I was very impressed with the talents. Several of them are quite unique and interesting. My only disappointment was the lack of talents for Nephilim. While it is not practical to have talents pumping his specific spells since he has 15 of them, it is doable to have talents related to his 4 main schools.

Here are some of my ideas:
(numbers, effects all just for a general idea)

*The simplest is permanent bonuses based on your ranks in a particular school.

- Flurry of Blows Adds 2/4/6 times your rank in War Mastery to attack speed. (max bonus of 6 times 6 = 36%, treated same as an item.)

- Flaming fists - Adds 2/4/6 times your rank in Fire Mastery to attack damage. (optional: add the bonus damage as a fire attack on hit for more coolness, or make a flame-on-hit attack that does burning damage over time.)

- Cloak of Shadows - Gives damage resistance equal to 1/2 times your rank in Shadow Mastery. (either a percentage damage reduction, or straight up points of reduction similar to scarab)

- Bloodlust - Gains lifesteal equal to 1/2/3% times your rank in Blood Mastery upon attack.

* Next up is a triggered bonus.

Same as above, except a bit more powerful but only triggered when casting the appropriate school spell. i.e. Flurry of Blows activates for 10 seconds when casting any War Mastery spell.
(This could be a static bonus based on talent level, OR as above when the bonus is based on each Mastery level)

* The most complex is a school related bonus, based on certain triggers.

- Battlemaster - Gives a 25% chance per attack of gaining the Battlemaster buff for 10 seconds. All War mastery spells gain 25/35/45% effectiveness when cast during this time.

- Heatwave - Upon casting any Fire Mastery spell, gains the Heatwave aura for 10 seconds. Deals 10/20/30 damage per second to all opponents in a medium area of effect. (like the damage aura of the undead king)

- Shadowburn - Upon casting any Shadow Mastery spell, gains the Shadowburn buff for 10 seconds. Burns 50/75/100 mana per attack.

- Blood Mage - Upon taking damage (except for lifetap), gains the Blood Mage buff for 10 seconds. All Blood Mastery spells have a 25/35/45% mana discount.

PS: Sorry about the double post... browser messed up.