EotA: Twilight NY.1 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

EotA: Twilight NY.1 Download

#1 Post by watermelon »

So Yak gave me an open-source version of the map to work on. So I did.
Changes: Version NY.1

Let me know of the new bugs that have popped out or stuff to be disliked.
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_NY_1a.w3x
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 344 times

Jouven
Resident
Resident
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Df1-Jouven

Re: EotA: Twilight NY.1 Download

#2 Post by Jouven »

If most those changes do work (no bugs)... yeah... that would make me happy a man.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#3 Post by watermelon »

I've uploaded another version, hopefully with the buff system fixed (my own playtesting hasn't shown anything weird, but well it's EotA). I've also snuck in some other changes to this version that I'll post later on the wiki.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#4 Post by Setokaiva »

Umm... wait a second, what? What is this? Lol, sorry guys, I'm just a bit confused. I've come back to these forums after a month or two of hiatus, and now... 'open source' EotA? Is this an official release? DarnYak made reference to it in one of the Hero Idea threads, but I still don't really know what's going on. What kind of fixes have you made? What is this version about?

Also, would some of those fixes happen to concern the tooltip errors that I made mention of in the Bug Reports part of these forums? There were quite a few of them, and I never did hear back from DarnYak about it... I would really like the chance to dig through the files and fix up these descriptions if I could. If you're working on EotA now, maybe I could help with the tooltips/descriptions part of things? I'm still available!

Thanks!

(Edit: I had put something here before about asking people to help me with a patching problem in WC3, but I was just able to fix that today, so I edited this post to delete that bit.)
Last edited by Setokaiva on March 27th, 2015, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Run regedit, ctrl+f, search for warcraft (seems case sensitive, so whatever case is in the error message), find values pointing to the wrong drive and change them to the right paths.

And watermelon blackmailed me into giving him the open version.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#6 Post by watermelon »

@Setokaiva: These versions are generally intended to shove more balance into EotA (though it's more likely that I'll end up making certain heroes even more overpowered). Bugfixes are also an important priority.

Thanks for the offer, but textfixes are a really low priority for me and I pretty much agree with what Yak posted in that thread.
It's annoying enough to work on EotA with the long saves and chance of the world editor crashing that I mostly rather would try to change something functional about EotA.

Setokaiva
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Setokaiva

#7 Post by Setokaiva »

@watermelon: Alright, I understand if your priorities are focused around making actual gameplay changes, right now. After all, if you did hand the map to me, even for the better part of a week, that would be time you cannot spend working on it yourself (and also a little of it may be spent helping me figure out how to access the map at all, if what you've said about crashes is true). Truth be told, I'm amazed you actually had the grit to take on a project this huge to begin with, and I am doubly ecstatic because EotA: Twilight is without a doubt one of my all-time favorite maps on WC3. I don't know the whole story of what's going on, or even who you are, really, but many many kudos to you, and I wish you much luck in your endeavors. ^^

Just keep it in mind, okay? This isn't just about 'textfixes'. I understand that tooltips and descriptions are low-priority for you right now, but some of these are actually really serious gameplay issues -- like no explanation or message given about Tower Cores, when they show up in a team's pool, and how they can be used to build spawning towers, for example. At all. EotA: Twilight is hard enough for new players to figure out as is, and if steps are not taken to ensure that newbies are brought up to speed and not confused by the lack of information (especially when all the veteran players around them know it all by heart already), the EotA community by and large is going to find it VERY hard to keep hold of any new players. Most will just leave and go to a 'simpler' game like DotA. EotA has enough competition as it is without needing us making it harder by not adequately breaking in the rookies.
BOOOHNE~STORRRRRRRRM