EotA: Twilight 1.17b Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.17b Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Note: There's a chance I screwed up and some things on the wiki are missing in game, because 1.17b was in the wrong folder completely and my 1.17 file was modified only last month (when it shouldn't have been changed since the release date), so let me know if something seems off.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_17b.w3x
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 378 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.17b Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

Trolling with those Garg wiki notes...

Changes:
8/23/14
Added Tooltips.

Bugs
  • Abomination's disease affects heroes.
  • Dragonhawk Rider's Dragonfire affects heroes.
  • Healing Rain continually removes injuries throughout its duration.
  • Fluster fails to interrupt Retribution. Perhaps it isn't considered a silence? (I haven't tested silences interrupting Retribution correctly yet either)
  • Overwhelm's silence doesn't interrupt Tether.
  • Zen Shot seems to fail on the first cast of the ethereal effect on heroes. There might be an inconsistency in interrupting as well.
Tooltips
  • Brain Freeze mentions duration of 90 seconds instead of 30 seconds.
  • Elusive Mead states duration is 15 seconds instead of 10 seconds.
  • Geyser could be clarified to say it's a channeling spell.
Issues
  • Are you planning to remove uphill misses?
  • Anything about Red/Blue splitting the hero kill gold when they kill steal?
  • What does the scaling for Duel do besides duration (which doesn't even seem to matter)?
  • What do you think of adding an invulnerable duration (1s) to Mesmerize?
Other thoughts:
The new bounty hunter is definitely more useful since it allows a player to thrive on continually killing one hero. Of course since it still relies on last-hitting, it's not as reliable as Wealthy and doesn't offer any initial killing power.

That maximum mana bonus is useful for Focus but I still wouldn't recommend it over the other perks.

On Oracle: The Geyser buff makes it more useful to target buildings since it can actually kill off a tower now. The buff to Mindstab is nice though it's only more apparent late-game. The changes to Zen Shot definitely make it more worthwhile since it's possible to follow up on the ethereal. I still feel a bit disappointed using Oracle, but she seems pretty good at not relying on items that much.

Oh just to throw it out there, it seems like the knockback talent for Swoop is not useful since it doesn't cause enemy heroes to jitter anymore (which is good for less griefing).

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

•Healing Rain continually removes injuries throughout its duration.
A bit strong but not really a bug, all heal over times consistently do that I believe.
•Are you planning to remove uphill misses?
No I just thought I did at some point in the past (probably was thinking of sc2)
•Anything about Red/Blue splitting the hero kill gold when they kill steal?
It already should be (among all players, which isn't really correct admittedly).
•What does the scaling for Duel do besides duration (which doesn't even seem to matter)?
Lower cd is the main feature.
•What do you think of adding an invulnerable duration (1s) to Mesmerize?
Why?

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#4 Post by watermelon »

It already should be (among all players, which isn't really correct admittedly).
Ah okay. It would be nice if there was also a message that states how much gold each player would receive.
What do you think of adding an invulnerable duration (1s) to Mesmerize?
Why?
Same reasons for other sleeps: preventing ranged auto attacks from instantly breaking Mesmerize.