EotA: Twilight 1.17 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.17 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Should really be called 1.16d but w/e.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_17.w3x
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 504 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.17 Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

I think something is wrong with Soulmate's damage reduction; I used Demoralizing Blow and only dealt 13 damage to Flo out of 229. Penance seems to have a similar issue as it seems impossible to kill Scarab off if he has Penance on. As in, he's basically invulnerable while everyone dies by tickling him.
EDIT: This is most likely due to them being AI.

On playing Swashy:
Mana cost for Pilfer seems rather high. Early level Dash is rather discouraging though I guess the cooldown makes up for it.
He still feels awkward to play as in the beginning when he can't really do much. It's also hard to use him effectively since he can only really get gold from pking (Pilfer gold doesn't count since it's unreliable and investing in Pilfer is a waste).

Scheba
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Scheba

#3 Post by Scheba »

watermelon wrote:I think something is wrong with Soulmate's damage reduction; I used Demoralizing Blow and only dealt 13 damage to Flo out of 229. Penance seems to have a similar issue as it seems impossible to kill Scarab off if he has Penance on. As in, he's basically invulnerable while everyone dies by tickling him.
I observed such a case a while ago with Attack of Opportunity while affected by Soulmate, but when I tested it with Jouven, the damage reduction worked correctly. We weren't able to reproduce the issue at all, but whenever I have Flo as an AI opponent she's harder to kill than I expect.

It's the same with Scarab. Whenever I see someone on our team playing Scarab and trying to use the ultimate to make the bots kill themselves, he dies. Whenever a bot uses it against us, we die.

I can't imagine why the AI would take less damage than human players though.

In other news, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue that Impale sometimes pushes an impaled enemy away (while the spear flies out) but doesn't pull them back in afterwards.

The Scroll of Neutralization obtained from Pilfer seems to still affect its user.

Finally, some questions:
  • What happended to the plan to make a fully charged moontear a usable item that has to be activated (with a few seconds of channeling time) to grant its rewards?
  • Does the lag spike at the beginning of a game always happen exactly when the first hero reaches level 6?

Jouven
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Df1-Jouven

#4 Post by Jouven »

Bonestorm plus am ultimate crash (that was in the previous version, but I don't think that matters):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... q-A#t=1589

EDIT 1:
Elder treant wisps "attack" AA Owls... and I think there are other skills that get diverted on the owls too.

EDIT 2:
Yeah doing a game with allied AIs, Aero on my team trying to tempest an owl...
Btw you should make allied AIs more "stable", they like to go to a lane just to switch to another and then everyone bunch in the same one.
Last edited by Jouven on May 19th, 2014, 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#5 Post by watermelon »

^Just wanted to note that terrain deformations are notorious for doing all sorts of bad things and it seems like Wail has one (probably from War Stomp?).

Bugs
  • I think the zepp frequently oscillating between the first two towers of the blue base is kind of lame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uW2ayWsQog&t=11m00s
  • Flashfire's bonus damage talent only seems to give half of what it should be. Level 3 is supposed to be 0.3 * Int, but at 22 intelligence, -s states it gives 3 instead of 6.
  • Reek's innate does not always interrupt enemies.
-s Trouble
  • -s for Demoralizing Blow is wrong, it lists a much lower amount of damage than what it does. Said about +760 when it was doing around 1500.
Upgrades
  • It seems that Scorpions (United Creeps) can poison heroes with their upgrade.
  • Some kind of growl upgrade from Fel Horde (Brute?) affects heroes.
EDIT 6: Cleaned up the post.
Would like to reiterate that the damage reduction bug against AI is pretty annoying.

Scheba
Regular
Regular

#6 Post by Scheba »

watermelon wrote:•Reek's innate does not always interrupt enemies.
Suspicions that it only works on enemies not tied down by an anchor could not be confirmed.
watermelon wrote:•It seems that Scorpions (United Creeps) can poison heroes with their upgrade.
I think there are more such cases left, e.g. a damage+stun skill used by a promoted unit (IIRC it's a sorceress).
Scheba wrote:In other news, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue that Impale sometimes pushes an impaled enemy away (while the spear flies out) but doesn't pull them back in afterwards.
This has been observed a few more times since then. I'm suspecting it might be caused by a root skill hitting the target while it is being pushed by the spear. If this is true, that would make it really hard to reproduce.

Some other issues:
  • Forest Lord pixies like attacking invulnerable targets like Owl Scouts (does Flesh Eating Cloud still do that too?)
  • extraheroes don't display a bounty message when killed (they do give the bounty though)
  • tooltip numbers for Ebb and Flow do not grow linearly, are they correct?

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#7 Post by watermelon »

Mesmerize doesn't debuff units if they're hidden by fog of war but still applies the armor reduction.

I am still waiting for that flow mode. Also throwing the idea of a mode where perks don't exist.
Someone should try building towers in the fonts of VF (obviously not Tide though).

EDIT: Is it intentional that if AA's familiar is killed while AA is ethereal, she doesn't receive damage?
EDIT 2: Why does -s for Deep Freeze list two damage values?

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#8 Post by watermelon »

Bump.
Tact gets killed by Stun Rune though she doesn't disappear this time. The Stun Rune doesn't disappear though.
tact stun rune kiill.w3g
(118.08 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
EDIT:
Just to see if it worked, I built towers in VF fonts. Keep in mind it was an AI game.

The towers were an asset early on especially with my horrid AI team. They could get overwhelmed later, but were still useful in holding a lane. I may try doing this a bit more just for the heck of it.
Pretty sure this strategy would work better with real people especially with the help of perks.
Putting them in Growth would probably be smarter since they can be supported with tier 3 mercs though they also risk being overcome by the same tier enemy mercs. At least Red has an advantage of tier 2 mercs on the Wild Font.
vf towers.w3g
(321.89 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
EDIT 2:
Yeah screw strategy when you have an AI team. Better to just brute-force things with cheap heroes like DW.

EDIT 3:
Flo mode.
??? mode.
Inf AoO code.
Movement speed perk check.
Rue's ult buff?

EDIT 4:
Yak shows off his skills!!!!
yak plays well.w3g
(746.28 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
EDIT 5:
Neph getting hit by Blast Arrow causes his skillset to cycle.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by DarnYak »

Random test post. Disregard.

DarnYak

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Battle.net name: Dekar

#10 Post by Dekar »

Test successful.
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

Scheba
Regular
Regular

#11 Post by Scheba »

watermelon wrote:Tact gets killed by Stun Rune
I wonder if it has something to do with the Divine Wizard being dead when the rune triggered.
watermelon wrote:Neph getting hit by Blast Arrow causes his skillset to cycle.
This also happens when he is hit by Chasten. I guess it has to do with the knockback.

Some other things:
  • High Tide doesn't always interrupt
  • Maw of Death doesn't always get the proper number of charges; sometimes it's just one regardless of the number of units devoured; it might have to do something with a certain different hero being in the game, but I don't know which one
  • -s for R.I.P.tide doesn't show number of zombies
  • -s for R.I.P.tide doesn't receive evocation damage bonuses although it is classified as evocation (I don't know if the skill does)
  • -s for Miasma receives evocation damage bonuses although it is not classified as evocation (I don't know if the skill does)
  • Nausea can't be dispelled (this may be intentional if it's considered "physical" in some way)
  • the range of Deep Freeze is variable, but what does it depend on?

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#12 Post by watermelon »

Nausea can't be dispelled (this may be intentional if it's considered "physical" in some way)
It's classified as an injury so it gets dispelled by heals.

EDIT:
Let me add some other stuff here so Yak will know EotA1 is never complete.
  • AoO can get less than 75% minimum on a stunned target.
  • Anchor perma-stuns the target when Flashfire/Dream Run/Streak is used until the Anchor or target is killed.
  • Dark Altar fails to combo with Innate.
  • Lich's innate pauses Lich for less than a second when casted.
  • Pretty late in bringing this up but Tree's mana restoration aura almost never generates that missile effect anymore.
  • Bane's Impale doesn't allow it to be cast on non-hero units.
  • How long should the acid pool last from the Acid Sheath talent? It feels shorter than it was before and if it's supposed to last this long it makes the talent even more worthless.
  • It is possible to fatal error using Impale to push units off the map.
EDIT 2:
When using Lunge and having Dire Howl on Fenny, Fenny only heals 30% of the damage -s says for heroes (ex: -s says 154 damage and he only heals 46 damage instead of 77). Against normal units, Fenny also just heals 30% of the damage -s states instead of 50% of the triple damage.

That Terror talent is utter trash.

EDIT 3:
Is Furor supposed to stack agility with multiple casts?

Jouven
Resident
Resident
Battle.net name: Df1-Jouven

#13 Post by Jouven »

CS's dominant blow that does that circle of lightning, the int variation I think, change the graphic or tone it down because it lags, A LOT. Yesterday we did a Stormwail game that lasted about 1h 30min, then it crashed, one of us was using CS and casting it quite often making the game lag A LOT even not looking directly at it.