EotA: Twilight 1.16a Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.16a Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Not as much as I wanted to do but some important fixes.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_16a.w3x
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 426 times

Executor
Regular
Regular
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: Judacator

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.16a Download

#2 Post by Executor »

Reminder: Divine Wizard's Displacement Field can sometimes remove heroes from the game. So far I've only seen the AI do it as recent as 1.16.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

FYI: I had to move this week so no time to work on EotA. I promise as soon as I get my stuff back together I'll finish the AI changes/last balance tweaks and release the final version. Don't expect me for sunday games either.

DarnYak
- December 9th, 2012

Fuck me

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#4 Post by watermelon »

Yea, unless there's some good idea to get people to show up. Doesn't matter too much, since we're only a few weeks out (I fucking hope) from the final version.

DarnYak
- December 17th, 2011

Reminders/Issues:
  • Moontears have damage increased based on charge rather than time held.
  • Executioner's Hood +5 states 50% experience gained for Gem of Knowledge instead of 20%
  • Felskin Gauntlets still have an active effect.
  • I'm arguing that Blue has a disadvantage on Kedge because tower commanders don't prioritize Sentry Tower which makes maintaining left lane for Blue harder than Red.
In other news, I've experimented with making Pestilence a one point and investing in Heal and Exhaustion which seems much more annoying to enemies than I thought it would be. The Heartstop talent can actually serve as a somewhat reliable AoE for Defiler with higher levels invested in Exhaustion.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

Anyone have any comments on the moontear changes? Like/hate/find it completely irrelevant, etc.?
In other news, I've experimented with making Pestilence a one point and investing in Heal and Exhaustion which seems much more annoying to enemies than I thought it would be. The Heartstop talent can actually serve as a somewhat reliable AoE for Defiler with higher levels invested in Exhaustion.
This is a good thing imo! I always wanted more skill build diversity but usually its just max out nukes or whatever the best support skill is.
•I'm arguing that Blue has a disadvantage on Kedge because tower commanders don't prioritize Sentry Tower which makes maintaining left lane for Blue harder than Red.
I wont deny this difference exists so much as I don't believe it to be a cause. I rarely see blue fighting over those towers to begin with. It might be the cannon towers for red having a better firing position that causes them to kill blue's left lane more effectively, but the last time I checked it appeared pretty damned equal. Now that I think about it though, I've never done spawn watching on kedge just to see how the ebb and flow of those fights go.

DarnYak

Executor
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Judacator

#6 Post by Executor »

I also noticed some time ago that in Stormwail Peak, Red would lose the bottom base long before Blue would lose their top base. Actually, I'm not sure if Blue loses its top base.

Edit: Overall, I like the moontear changes because of the increased damage taken along with the reduced penalty from dying.
Last edited by Executor on January 4th, 2014, 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scheba
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Scheba

#7 Post by Scheba »

DarnYak wrote:Anyone have any comments on the moontear changes?
  • the first moontear in the game doesn't give a tower core
  • if a player already carrying a moontear picks up another one, the first one gives a tower core once fully charged but the second one doesn't
watermelon wrote:•I'm arguing that Blue has a disadvantage on Kedge because tower commanders don't prioritize Sentry Tower which makes maintaining left lane for Blue harder than Red.
I have the impression that no matter which side I play, the tower commanders of my own team always run into battle and die while the enemy (AI team) tower commanders always rush into the towers so they don't die. Maybe their behaviour is different because the army player of a pure AI team is smarter.
DarnYak wrote:Now that I think about it though, I've never done spawn watching on kedge just to see how the ebb and flow of those fights go.
Executor wrote:I also noticed some time ago that in Stormwail Peak, Red would lose the bottom base long before Blue would lose their top base. Actually, I'm not sure if Blue loses its top base.
When I tried this on Stormwail Peak yesterday, after only 20 minutes red was losing on all five lanes simultaneously. Then I noticed the enemy sorceresses had mana shield... It turns out that even without AI heroes, the army player of an "empty" team can still get army upgrades, which gives their army a clear advantage. They can't hire mercenaries or repair buildings, though. If I turn myself into an observer via the -observe command at the start of the game, both army players can get upgrades, making things relatively fair again. To prevent any potential imbalances caused by upgrades from influencing the test results, it's possible to reduce the energy gain of the upgrade building via the -upgraderate command so that it takes hours until the AI can afford the first upgrade. The optimal solution would be putting a human player on each team to force the army players down to their most basic AI level, but I can't do that on my own.

EDIT: I was wrong, the army player of an empty team can hire mercenaries and repair buildings. I guess that means spawn watching requires two human players.

Other things I noticed:
  • Blast Arrow knocks back ethereal targets; I'm not sure if it also damages them
  • Blizzard tooltip doesn't state the duration; the skill has no aoe targetting cursor either (possibly because the radius is linked to int?)
  • Chill Sacrifice tooltip states it is level 1, but innates don't have multiple levels
  • there is no message for font battles ending in a draw (e.g., if noone participates)
  • I wish I had kept the replay: I saw a font hero attack an allied tower during an enemy attack. At first I thought the tower had taken all that damage from the enemies, but after the attack was over I clearly saw Sanifze the Deliberate (who had been on our side for the whole game) finish off the tower. I have no idea what could have triggered this behaviour.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#8 Post by watermelon »

Fluster still doesn't affect Diabolist.
It's kind of annoying that Snowblast can be obstructed by Owls.

EDIT:
Horrifying Stew doesn't seem to fear heroes on first cast, though it still fears normal units. Subsequent casts of stew correctly fears enemies.

EDIT 2:
Demoralizing Blow's texttag doesn't display actual damage dealt.