EotA: Twilight 1.16 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.16 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Major rebalancing! New items! Moontear changes! Energy is shared! Tooltips haven't been updated! None of this has been tested! YAY!

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_16.w3x
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 1374 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.16 Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

Issues:
  • Killing a hero with a moontear does not reset the bounty reward. Basically killing them afterwards will no longer award gold or crystal, even if the hero isn't holding the tear.
  • Units like the workers can get the Moontear but can't do anything with it. It'll probably be better if they can't pick it up at all.
  • The Blessing talent doesn't seem to work.
  • Pilfer can give more gold than the tooltip states.
EDIT 12/24/13:
AM feels like she got too much burst potential with both Necrotic Shot and Infernal BInding; I could get at least 300 damage by level 11 without much investment in Int and Agi. I think Necrotic Shot should be toned down especially since it's a draining spell.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

EotA_Twilight_1_16.w3x [2.15 MiB]
Downloaded 1012 times
What.

DarnYak

Scheba
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Scheba

#4 Post by Scheba »

watermelon wrote:
  • Killing a hero with a moontear does not reset the bounty reward. Basically killing them afterwards will no longer award gold or crystal, even if the hero isn't holding the tear.
It doesn't give experience either.

Some other things I noticed:
  • font heroes are still idiots who don't find the way out of their own base
  • the Blazing Priest's Banner upgrade doesn't improve with Banner level
  • the Explosive Laden Zeppelin's explosion doesn't stun golems (this may be intentional)
  • Ignite tooltip doesn't state the duration of the ignition nor the duration of each individual flame
  • Blazing Hammer tooltip doesn't state the duration
  • -s for Chasten calls it "Chasen"

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#5 Post by watermelon »

Reminder to replace/nerf Replenish gen.
Reminder to replace/nerf Catapult Sigil.
Tormented Spirit's Ignite affects heroes.
Dragonsteel Cuirass states hotkey is R but is actually S.

AI:
  • Update Lich's skill build since it's probably trying to invest in Remorseless or not making use of Moratorium. Instead invest in Gravebind and have a point in Dark Altar (healing is useful even if it's not smart about using it).
  • Change Oracle's skill build to not use Purge Malice (it's really not doing anything useful for her). She should not buy Evoc Gloves.
  • Tact could actually try casting Neutralize/Blast Arrow offensively. She's rather stupid at using Flank since she seemingly casts it to just move along a lane, might be Blizzard's AI.
  • Defiler can still interrupt his heal.
  • Tyrant, Inf, and Eido can still have trouble casting spells when they should be running away.
  • Inconsistencies in casting Anchor and Impale.
EDIT: Everything I said here and other stuff about the AI have been updated in the AI Discussion thread.

Some thoughts on the changes:
  • Investing in Tact's damaging spells actually has practical use, not sure if it's broken but it's definitely scarier.
  • I'm not a fan of the Pestilence adjustment (probably a nerf) though I guess it's more fitting for it to be spammable. It feels like it's not really worth investing in more levels of Pestilence though since it takes more casts to even get to the past damage from Pestilence along with costing more mana.
  • DW is definitely more threatening with the damage buffs.
  • Like I said earlier, AM just seems broken with the buffs to her damage output.
  • In my AI games, Runebreaker excels at destroying shields mercilessly.

Dekar
Jelly Doughnut
Battle.net name: Dekar

#6 Post by Dekar »

Why dont you make units spawn during a fontbattle based on how many heroes are in the zone, so that non hero killers or abilties relying on units can be useful too?
Font ghosts!
<EotA@Azeroth> YAKS GO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dekar: the ultimate ocean themed hero should buff and depend on spawn waves!
DarnYak: why is that
Dekar: WAVES
Dekar: :D
DarnYak: i was afraid that was the answer

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

Dekar wrote:Why dont you make units spawn during a fontbattle based on how many heroes are in the zone, so that non hero killers or abilties relying on units can be useful too?
Font ghosts!
Because I'm ok with not every hero being 100% viable on every map.

DarnYak

Scheba
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Scheba

#8 Post by Scheba »

watermelon wrote:
  • Defiler can still interrupt his heal.
And his teleport.
watermelon wrote:
  • I'm not a fan of the Pestilence adjustment
Me neither, but that may change after I've played Defiler a few more times. Even before, it was hard to get Pestilence to the point where it could destroy at least a small spawn wave with one cast, even against the High Elven or Undead army. Making the spell more spammable may allow you to get more killing blows (and thus more gold) and even increase potential dps under ideal circumstances because it allows you to create more corpse traps with the talent, but it also means you have to get close to danger more often (for casting) and the spike damage is lower.

Something else I noticed is that the Explosives Laden Zeppelin has a certain inertia not only when moving, but also when detonating. This means that it can detonate on a building that was already destroyed shortly before the detonation.