EotA: Twilight 1.14h Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14h Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

In before Scheba posts more bugs.

This was suppose to be the balance version, but it turned into another bugfix version. Sorry.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14h.w3x
(2.13 MiB) Downloaded 399 times

Jouven
Resident
Resident
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Df1-Jouven

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14h Download

#2 Post by Jouven »

The "first stun to use load lag" still happens.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#3 Post by watermelon »

Can't post replies on 1.14h2, so I'm posting here.
The stun lag still occurs.
If Inf kills herself with mines, she can get the gold reward.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by DarnYak »

watermelon wrote:If Inf kills herself with mines, she can get the gold reward.
Just to clarify: The message is erroneous, no gold is awarded.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#5 Post by watermelon »

I thought that too, but my gold amount did increase. Nothing seems to happen if you kill your allies.

Executor
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Judacator

#6 Post by Executor »

Am I the only one who lags from Coral Sanctum? I have to ban or restart if Pearl is ever chosen.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

Well, you're the only one I've heard comment about it. I'm not really sure why it would but I guess there's a few things I could try to fix it.

DarnYak

Executor
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Judacator

#8 Post by Executor »

Bane's Dragonfear appears to stun heroes and fear units (100% for me) much more easily than indicated or needed. There appears to be no need to acquire the talented Dragon Blood. Even if the high % stun/fear is intended, I think Bane has too many ways to stun or incapacitate heroes. He seems to be a very valuable hero to have in any team because of this (along with having other good abilities).

Scheba
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Scheba

#9 Post by Scheba »

Some things that came up during a few test games:
  • I can confirm that the Infiltrator really gets gold when killing herself with mines
  • Dragonbreath Chili doesn't work; I repeated the test several times to be sure, but I couldn't get it to work at all
  • Black Arrow still only leaves charges on enemies that can leave a corpse (tested on an enemy hero)
  • the temper tooltip on the altar seems to be cut off
In other news, EotA has reached a milestone: my list with bugs, stupid AI behaviour and tooltip errors that were reported at least once but I'm not sure if they were fixed already now has more than 100 entries. Congratulations EotA! :lol:

Jokes aside, probably half of that list consists of tooltip stuff that was probably fixed already, I just haven't checked it yet. But I should probably start organizing the list in some way (maybe similar to the change list on the wiki) and use something else than a simple text file, for better formatting.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by DarnYak »

Just fyi, I won't be around for today's games, sorry. Which also means no amazing balance patch version for you (which I didn't finish cause I knew I wouldn't be here anyway).

DarnYak

Scheba
Regular
Regular

#11 Post by Scheba »

Some more fixes to include in the amazing patch:
  • High Tide doesn't interrupt
  • -s for R.I.P.tide doesn't show number of zombies
  • -s for R.I.P.tide doesn't receive evocation damage bonuses (I don't know if the skill does)
  • -s for Miasma receives evocation damage bonuses (I don't know if the skill does)
  • Maw of Death doesn't damage mechanical units when biting (I think it used to deal bite damage to units that couldn't be devoured, like it does to heroes); the corpse projectiles still deal damage to them

Jouven
Resident
Resident

#12 Post by Jouven »

I don't know if it's a minor bug or I'm missing something here, but checking the first game of last weekend with scheba when loading everything their hero setup text doesn't show up:
Link to the video at the the time it happens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... dSmA0#t=35

Edit: maybe it has to do with me not loading my code?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by DarnYak »

Yea, it lists it but is immediately cleared by the game starting code, and it only shows the full hero list if you load a code.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#14 Post by watermelon »

You can abuse perks by selecting more than once if quick enough.
No -s for Crash's stun (Strength).

Gravel was able to kill his ally. I don't know how it happened. Picture just shows the display message while the replay has it.
gravel_the_traitor.jpg
Some thoughts from the game:
CS's dominant blow is pitiful at Level 1. In general, Agi feels lackluster to me, even with the attack speed boost.
Gravel's Smash seems somewhat broken in that it deals a lot of damage or just have an incredible slow.

EDIT: It looks like getting killed by the potato explosion doesn't state that the hero got killed by the potato; it just leaves the killer field blank.
Attachments
cs stuff.w3g
(239.29 KiB) Downloaded 389 times

Jouven
Resident
Resident

#15 Post by Jouven »

I think colossus killing glacial tyrant has to do with you putting the lightning circle on glacial tyrant and colossus being into the circle...?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#16 Post by DarnYak »

Jouven wrote:I think colossus killing glacial tyrant has to do with you putting the lightning circle on glacial tyrant and colossus being into the circle...?
Not saying its impossible but the code looks like that shouldn't happen.

DarnYak

Scheba
Regular
Regular

#17 Post by Scheba »

Just a few questions today:

When using high level R.I.P.tide, it's impossible to place all zombies manually because the duration of the caster object is too short. Is this intentional?
Regarding i mode:
  • as far as I know, it doesn't and shouldn't work for AI heroes in a team with humans
  • what happens when an AI player is forced to ally with a human via False Alliance?
  • does i mode work on digmasters?
  • does i mode work on font heroes (possibly only for those levels gained while part of an AI team)?
  • are there still plans to add a chat command for i mode? maybe? please?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by DarnYak »

•Dragonbreath Chili doesn't work; I repeated the test several times to be sure, but I couldn't get it to work at all
I'm wondering if this is the same bug as before with a different spell id. I made the dummy caster selectable and he does warp around properly with the spell on him but never casts it, so I have no other explanation.

AI spells using breath of fire id:
RK - Hazard Slash*
Bane - Caustic Breath*
Murloc - Rogue Wave*
Garg - Dive
Ember - Slag Spray*
Tony - Chili (the hero's part of the spell)

* = It uses the actual breath of fire as a spell base, so blizz's AI can autocast it separately.

Unfortunately, this makes it a bit annoying to test if its broken as the only one with a visible indication of use is garg's dive - which, by the way, he does take as his #2 priority spell, but his AI code is the older form and might be separately completely broken.

When using high level R.I.P.tide, it's impossible to place all zombies manually because the duration of the caster object is too short. Is this intentional?
Yes, that's why the end auto places the remaining ones.
Regarding i mode:
•as far as I know, it doesn't and shouldn't work for AI heroes in a team with humans
•what happens when an AI player is forced to ally with a human via False Alliance? It looks like it breaks AI team detection for that player while its active
•does i mode work on digmasters? Yes
•does i mode work on font heroes (possibly only for those levels gained while part of an AI team)? Yes
•are there still plans to add a chat command for i mode? maybe? please? Yes, haven't gotten to it yet
All of these answers should include "it probably shouldn't but I don't care enough to fix it right now".

DarnYak