EotA: Twilight 1.14g4 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14g4 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Good chunk of the fixes from the previous thread, still has some lingering issues (and some that aren't fixed but hopefully with additional debug info)

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14g4.w3x
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 441 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14g4 Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

Last Update: 8/20/13

Bugs
  • Anchor can have a lightning glitch when used on non-hero units.
  • Chili bug.
  • Neph's damaging spells (against non-hero units, only Level 1)
    • Shred deals more damage than -s states and nothing mentions that it deals more damage to non-hero units. (158 damage + texttag, -s: 118)
    • Blastwaves deals much less damage (38 damage, -s: 69 damage). Based on the texttag, it looks like Blastwave sometimes deals damage to invisible/dead(?) units.
    • All of Neph's magic nukes deal less damage compared to -s and tooltip: Vampiric Bite (74 damage, -s: 81 damage), Duskslash (102 damage, -s: 111 damage), Scorch (68 damage, -s: 75 damage), Pain (53 damage, -s: 58 damage). Note the texttag always displays the actual damage done.
      Can't reproduce. If I can, I'll provide a replay.
  • Lightning flashes in Kedge can undo the effect of making the screen black when the game is over.

Tooltips:
  • Add -s for damage bonus given from Zen Archery.
  • Is it intentional for Life Tap -s to display values that seem truncated? Ex: It displays "1.000" for all strength values less than 100.
  • Geomancy has a -s for 0 damage from Burstcap explosions.
  • Mindstab has a "." after the movement speed slow %.
  • Not sure if this is an error but the damage reduction for illusions from Purge Malice have their numbers end with a 9. The buff icon also doesn't match up with the spell icon.
  • Royal Guard's spell tooltip is awkwardly phrased; it sounds better as "will divert damage taken by the hero to itself."
  • Royal Guard's Resolute is missing "attack."
  • Royal Guard's Vigilance is misspelled.
  • The Temper in the altar could mention the -t shortcut.
  • Item Upgrade Instructions could mention the chat command as an easier way of tempering (though I don't know how much you can fit in that tooltip).
  • Update the Tiny Ob Control tooltip to not mention generators. The text gets cut off for me at "Controlling more obelisks than the other team increases"
  • At start, it mentions "Confirm Hero" when it should be "Ready." It's also not changed when draft mode is on.
  • "Looking for more EotA games?" could be changed to only refer to the Azeroth clan.
  • Crystal quest still mentions Crystal Generators.
  • The beginning information in the Commands quest gets cut off and starts with "the color indicating how damaged the tower is." You might want to separate the information into two quests (something like Pre-Game commands and Commands)
AI
  • Replace Life Wave base ability.
  • IS seems to cancel his teleport scroll.
  • I feel that a better strategy for IS splitting webs is to keep 1 for himself (maybe 2) and give the rest to an ally. He usually ends up with more webs than he can cast. May no longer be relevant with the nerf, though I still think he should give more to the ally.
  • Eido can have trouble running away as he tries to cast something. (possibly Seed)
  • Spell inconsistencies: FM (Streak), Bane (Impale), Gluttony (ult)
  • On Candle, they can take the Energy perk which is useless.
Do you care about certain movement spells still working even when the hero is rooted? (Ex: Crash, Flashfire, Storm's innate)

Executor
Regular
Regular
Battle.net name: Judacator

#3 Post by Executor »

I can't see the graphics for Geyser, Chaos Rift, and mine explosions anymore.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#4 Post by watermelon »

Reminder for updating the names of the digmasters.
The leaver AI on Kedge looked like it wanted to heal by going into the enemy's base (blue). I remember debug saying something like "Event."
The AI doesn't seem too aggressive at taking down the wagon.
More variety for AI choices in draft mode?

@Executor: Have you only noticed it with this version? Does it happen in every game?

Executor
Regular
Regular

#5 Post by Executor »

It happens with everything. I guess the only way to fix it is to reinstall warcraft 3. I wonder if it was caused by a fatal error.

Edit: Turns out that I don't need to reinstall warcraft 3 since the problem was fixed by restarting my computer.
Last edited by Executor on August 16th, 2013, 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#6 Post by watermelon »

Some Thoughts on Spells:
  • Maelstrom should be nerfed. It has a really low mana cost. For a spell that is uncounterable, its trapping effect is pretty strong and its base damage against buildings is rather high. I think its cast range should be reduced as well since Aero already has a long hero disable in Hold Person.
  • Buffet, combined with Air Lance can make Tempest's hero damage scale high.
  • It's rather hard to make use of Zen Archery's ethereal effect due to the knockback and her casting animation speed. Reducing the knockback scaling would seem more desirable along with the cooldown. If Zen Archery feels like it would be too strong, nerfing the passive effect to buff the active effect would be more interesting and make Oracle more active as well.
    In general, a lowered casting animation speed for Oracle would be nice.
  • The nerf to Force of Nature seems pretty strong. It went from being a large annoyance to becoming cute. It feels like the Wisp takes much more time recovering from a missed hit than actually doing something. Level 4 does do something at least.
  • Chill Sacrifice feels a bit too spammable.
Fenny Thoughts:
  • He's kind of weak early-game and it's hard to get kills by himself. Damage output seems to mostly come from a combination of Lunge and auto-attacking though the crits from Hamstring can help. Later, Lunge becomes more scary but he still has to rely on meleeing heroes for a kill.
  • He's pretty 1-dimensional as a hero killer as he can't do much against spawns until later on with Furor and Dire Howl.
  • Healers can generally laugh at whatever he does.
  • Stalkers help in chasing off fragile heroes in the start though but they quickly become less useful later on when they start getting one-shot by random aoe spells.
  • Lunge has incredible damage output, but it does take a lot of mana out of him. Pathing often gets in his way. The stun talent helps a lot but it's not that great relying on luck for a kill.
  • Hamstring is one of those spells that's incredibly strong yet easily counterable.
  • Dream Run is one of the best mobility skills but it's hard to invest in it when increasing his damage output is more important.
  • It feels that later level Furor can be strong with an increase in duration. I find the wolf talent to actually be detrimental if he wants to keep a killing streak on, though it should be useful for clearing crowds. Critters are actually useful in this regard.
Thoughts on Gloom AI:
Using command towers may be more harmful than beneficial. Focusing entirely on one lane will make them lose a lot of map control since all lanes are important enough to maintain. Making them more aggressive in obtaining Digmasters might be helpful rather than just pushing in one lane.

Reminder about Felskin Gauntlet improvement.
I'm not sure if you wanted to do something about gens. Right now, I feel that Replenishment and Bomb are the only ones that show they're useful.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#7 Post by watermelon »

Some stuff from today's games:
  • Bane could get permanently paused from using Impale. What I saw happen was that instead of units getting dragged back to him, they got "pushed back" by the initial spear and just bounced at the end position of the Impale length. It looks like this might have happened due to something unpathable.
  • Not necessarily needs to be fixed but something to keep in mind: Random draft is more confusing than draft. Would have been helpful if there was a description for a randomed hero.
  • Nerf everything the enemy team used. =P
It feels like the newer heroes are forced to do badly against flyers who can avoid their main nuke by default.

Jouven
Resident
Resident
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Df1-Jouven

#8 Post by Jouven »

It feels like the newer heroes are forced to do badly against flyers who can avoid their main nuke by default.
Agree many heroes skills just get negated because the hero flies, as if flying wasn't good enough per se.

The bane thing I think it has to do something with tactician and the net skill. If being paused implies losing the command card buttons that's what happened.

Nerf hag blade storm already.

Executor
Regular
Regular

#9 Post by Executor »

I just discovered an awesome combination and had to share it. Geyser + Anchor is hilarious.

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#10 Post by watermelon »

@Jouven: Did you save a replay of the bug in which you got paused?
@Executor: Try Anchor and RK's Catapult Sigil too. =P

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by DarnYak »

◦Shred deals more damage than -s states and nothing mentions that it deals more damage to non-hero units. (158 damage + texttag, -s: 118)
Single target nukes are presumed to be against heroes and thus get a default bonus against non heroes.
◦Blastwaves deals much less damage (38 damage, -s: 69 damage). Based on the texttag, it looks like Blastwave sometimes deals damage to invisible/dead(?) units.
Blastwave looses damage based on distance from hero, at max range it does half.
•Add -s for damage bonus given from Zen Archery.
Intentionally skipped that one since its so variable.

DarnYak