EotA: Twilight 1.14f11 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14f11 Download

#26 Post by DarnYak »

For today's games:

There will be a new version, the bot will be up & running, but I might be afk some or all of game time. New version has some AI fixes and improvements (including some item specific AI usage - IS spider webs in particular). Balance changes & tact revamp too.

However, it does not have the big AI improvement I was hoping to get to that might solve a lot of its badness lately. Describing it is fairly easy: a hero is in lane A doing its thing, but it wants to be in B to do something more important, HOWEVER it should keep doing its thing in A until it's ready and able to port to B, instead of abandoning lane A and trying to walk there until a portal is ready. Getting this to work with the current AI is actually a giant mess that I've been unable to come up with a reasonable solution to (primarily because it's completely designed to only consider one task at a time, with a few already problematic exceptions like shopping). At this point I need to concede defeat and accept either I won't be doing it all, or I'm going to have to redesign the core of the AI again (not actually as bad as it sounds, if I do it right most of it will be reusable and simplified). I haven't decided yet which I'll do.

I will at the very least be finishing up the AI item changes. I might even get to more of those tomorrow morning, which is why this post is here and not in a new version thread - I have it ready to go right now, but I MIGHT update it once more before games tomorrow.

DarnYak

Crazyedd
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: NagaSpawn

#27 Post by Crazyedd »

Cool, it's been a while since I've played EotA with everybody.

Is it 4PM EST like usual?

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#28 Post by watermelon »

Yes it is.

IS's illusions with the Crystal Staff also follow him like Glaciate's illusions.

Scheba
Regular
Regular
Realm: Northrend (Europe)
Battle.net name: Scheba

#29 Post by Scheba »

DarnYak wrote:
Bonelord's Crown sometimes can't steal attributes from certain heroes (which heroes are immune is not the same each game and sometimes can even change during one game)
Bane seems to be immune quite often, as far as I noticed in my games; it's not related to items, because it can even happen when he doesn't have any
Does this mean there's no attribute gain/loss, or a hero just doesn't loose any stats but you still gain them? Similarly, does it work on other heroes around the same time?
Neither do I gain attributes nor does the target lose any, my stacked attribute gains from attacking other heroes even run out once 10 seconds pass, as if I wasn't attacking a hero at all. Attacking another hero only seconds before worked fine, otherwise I wouldn't have stolen attributes stacked up.
DarnYak wrote:Looks like they were trying to take out the cannon tower as if it were some more sneaky attack on a base
As far as I have observed, the problem starts once the AI team captures a base on my side of the map that is in range of that big cannon tower. Although it can't attack buildings, they still feel so threatened by it that it messes up their behaviour. Strangely, the problem can persist even if they lose the base later and we recapture it, similar to how the AI sometimes rebuilds command towers in bases it once owned but doesn't own any longer.

Here are some other things I noticed:
  • geyser neither damages nor throws ethereal units
  • Bane sometimes throws his ancient spear in a direction perpendicular to where he should be aiming; this might be caused by the target using a movement skill immediately before he throws it
  • when zoomed out, one can see units in the lower left corner of Kedge's Landing, surrounded by boundary and not belonging to any player; the unit types are mercs and army units of the two armies participating in the game, and their number seems to increase the longer the game lasts; I have no idea if these units being there is intentional or not