EotA: Twilight 1.14f9 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14f9 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

ITS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!

I actually haven't finished all the AI stuff (two small things left on my list) but I wanted to get something out tonight. There's a few minor bugs I know of too (AI stalling after defending an ob, some werid hiccups trying to place the initial obs, units that end up stalled near a command tower when they shouldn't). Final balance changes still pending.

Command towers will only be used by insane AI's, but one is sufficient if you don't want to fight a full insane team.

Oh yea, and the clan seems to have disbanded overnight. It was there yesterday and didn't give me any warnings.

Edit: And I have a guess as to the Ice Lance bug. Basicaly the trigger fires before the lance hits, and so there's a delay where the debuff isn't on the target yet, but its looking for it, and thus thinks it timed out. A point blank hit then is most likely to have a dot, where a max range hit is very unlikely. There's some debug code to verify this, but I haven't had a chance to test ityet.

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14f9.w3x
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 503 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14f9 Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

Most likely correct about the cause of Ice Lance's bug though it's still pretty hard to get it to work at close range too. DPS definitely works if Ice Lance is recasted on target that still has the debuff (have to resort to using the cooldown cheat though).

It would be nice if Fire Panda's nuke always exploded in a line even if it didn't collide with anything.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

No comments at all about ai changes?

Finally puzzled out one of the major command tower bugs. Still working on some of the final AI changes (making obelisk tower defense a lot less suicidal for one), but this should really be the last week of me working on EotA.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

#4 Post by watermelon »

Having the AI build towers is pretty infuriating (especially on Storm), but I'm guessing that's the intended effect. It makes it even harder to play certain heroes against the AI (mainly supportive ones) unless your AI allies are capable and not just acting cute.
Pretty cool that the AI tries to take down Ob towers now and actually defend it for once though they're better on the offensive side for that.
I think the only main problem with the AI now is them being horrible at defense, such as when there's a large creep wave overtaking the base as they just do individual suicide teleports there in a vain, but cute attempt.

I also find it very annoying to play against Murloc and Gluttony (only if I'm melee).

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

I think the only main problem with the AI now is them being horrible at defense, such as when there's a large creep wave overtaking the base as they just do individual suicide teleports there in a vain, but cute attempt.
Yea, there used to be code to prevent that but it turns out that got removed at some point (this was resulting in some really bad suiciding to defend obs too). Needless to say they'll stop porting into lethal situations anymore. Still could probably handle better in general for fighting when out numbered but I don't see an easy fix for that. I'm still fine tuning the obelisk defense stuff, should have it wrapped up very soon (if not tonight).

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by DarnYak »

Good news, the clan has magically returned on its own. "In danger of expiring due to inactivity of its members" though. Stop slacking guys.

I also checked to see if the AI would properly purchase outposts in capture mode now. Turns out it can't even take a base for that to be a concern. After 40 minutes heroes were still level 4..I"m sure given enough time they might finally take a base, but not relevant. And yea, they do take it when they're given some help taking down a base.

And yes, there will be a new version (and thus games, I hope) today. Provided i dont' sleeep through game time as i've been up all night.

DarnYak