EotA: Twilight 1.14f8 Download

Learn about and comment on the next version of EotA in development.
DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

EotA: Twilight 1.14f8 Download

#1 Post by DarnYak »

Should have been called 1.14f7B

DarnYak
Attachments
EotA_Twilight_1_14f8.w3x
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 541 times

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary
Realm: Azeroth (U.S. East)
Battle.net name: watermelon_1234

Re: EotA: Twilight 1.14f8 Download

#2 Post by watermelon »

-s for Voodoo Doll displays 0 health.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by DarnYak »

FYI: Gold perk updated to include 35 gold per minute.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#4 Post by watermelon »

Saw Reek use ult. He failed though if no heroes were nearby since he doesn't try using it against units.
AI heroes still have problems going back and forth, especially in VF and Kedge. They have "Advance."

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by DarnYak »

I'm still not quite sure what you mean about going back and forth.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#6 Post by watermelon »

They start advancing in the lane (following the lane correctly), then they stop at some point and retreat all the way back to a base and repeat the process without trying to attack enemies. It basically looks like they're stuck on patrol.

It happened with Tact in Kedge and she would never go past the top cannon tower to help attack the enemy base.
In VF, this happened with Tact and TC (most likely because she was stalking Tact) and they would be stuck patrolling the left lane.

I also see some teleporting issues with Dwarf especially in the beginning of the game. He teleports to one base and then immediately teleports back to the main base.

EDIT:
Wow, just played a game where I got completely owned by the AI relentlessly sieging Kedge with merc waves.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by DarnYak »

watermelon wrote:Wow, just played a game where I got completely owned by the AI relentlessly sieging Kedge with merc waves.
You should post the replay if you have it ;P

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#8 Post by watermelon »

Unfortunately I don't have the replay on my laptop.
Basically it went like spam left side with all mercs and controlling the towers, then spam the right side with mercs when the moontear appeared, and spam the left side later with more mercs. Definitely wasn't pretty; I will no longer play Kedge with a non-AoE hero.

On that note, some team collaboration and the gold perk will probably be very valuable for screwing up opponents with early merc pushes.

mypaxep
Wanderer
Wanderer

#9 Post by mypaxep »

AI Fenris has a tendency of getting stuck in his own stalkers. See attached.
Attachments
Fenris
Fenris

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by DarnYak »

FYI: I had to move this week so no time to work on EotA. I promise as soon as I get my stuff back together I'll finish the AI changes/last balance tweaks and release the final version. Don't expect me for sunday games either.

DarnYak

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#11 Post by DarnYak »

Slight update: I tried to work on EotA today on my laptop. Turns out it crashes trying to save the map (after taking like 15m to do so). Not trying that again, waiting for real computer to arrive.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#12 Post by watermelon »

Here's the replay of my AI team getting horribly murdered in Kedge:
wtf.w3g
(188.53 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Note how useless TC's ult was and how IS and Swash kept feeding the other team.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by DarnYak »

Things i should have done: planned ahead so the final version came out today (12/21/12). I'm bad at planning these things ahead.

Edit: Re the replay: You only swapped to the clone once so of course it'll be kinda useless. The hero killers per team were roughly even so i'd hardly say they were feeding. You just got swarmed with pretty merciless merc pushes without an adequate response.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#14 Post by watermelon »

Broken Ice Lance dps really hurts IS though since that's most of his damage output.

I don't like Fork, even when I won a game using TC, since I always felt like I had to babysit the clones to make sure they didn't try manhandling a large creep wave by themselves and die in the process or die from their health degeneration while running away and waiting to teleport. They would be more useful on bigger maps (aka Storm), if only to move to other places faster. It's also annoying to swap with them since I mostly end up losing mana if I swap back to my original position (due to having more mana from items).
They're pretty reluctant at casting Degeneration; I think they should spam it similarly to AI SB's missiles.

Have you fixed the AI properly going to fountains now?

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by DarnYak »

Broken Ice Lance dps really hurts IS though since that's most of his damage output.
Yea i've seen its broken but i'm completely baffled as to why.
It's also annoying to swap with them since I mostly end up losing mana if I swap back to my original position (due to having more mana from items).
You loose mana from swapping, beyond that its percentage based.
Have you fixed the AI properly going to fountains now?
I don't remember this being broken. Explain?

BTW, I'm hoping to get some test games in late today as I probably won't be available tomorrow or until after xmas.

Hey blizz broke something again. The clan still exists, and EotA is listed as a shaman, but isn't acutaly in the clan when logged on. Wtf.

DarnYak

watermelon
Yak's Secretary
Yak's Secretary

#16 Post by watermelon »

About the AI fountain bug: In my Kedge test games, it just feels like the AI prioritizes healing more at the main base now rather than a fountain. Either that or they like going back often.

Also, the teleporting issue I found with AI Dwarf happened with Fenny, though both instances are somewhat inconsistent.

DarnYak
Site Admin
Site Admin

#17 Post by DarnYak »

About the AI fountain bug: In my Kedge test games, it just feels like the AI prioritizes healing more at the main base now rather than a fountain. Either that or they like going back often.
That's a new feature that as far as I know is working fine. Whenever they're going somewhere they check if its worth their time to stop by a fountain or base - usualy the main base heals so much faster it's simply more time efficient to go back there. It should generally only stop at a fountain if its right next to it.
Also, the teleporting issue I found with AI Dwarf happened with Fenny, though both instances are somewhat inconsistent.
It shouldn't be hero specific, it's probably just switching lanes for better exp but the timing ends up screwing it up (for example, left lane is better exp to start, it goes there, but right as it arrives it finds the right lane is better, so it ports over there, etc.). It has some code to mitigate running around too much, but it may just be not working out at the start of game.

DarnYak